Small World Re-opening Wednesday

blm07

Or some interactive dolls in the queue to play with.

Show us on the doll where they touched you!
Who was it? There's no hiding from your past! Who touched you?
5yrdwm.png

MarkTwain

Here's what I've got from a friend who got to see it a few days ago:

No characters

The exit ramp is now the queue (and the entrance is still on the skyway side)

The old queue is now the exit ramp (and you exit next to PVH)

One of the water pits near the tower has been either shrunken or filled in

There is some kind of dugout for storing wheelchairs

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. :wave:

Is that Duffy?

:ROFLOL:

fastpass7300

I was down at MK on Monday and the construction door in front of the Small World "Exit Door" was left wide open. I casually looked inside. The brown colored door through which guests exit was unchanged. It still had the exit sign posted on it. Unless they are able to eliminate this exit facade and move it to the Village Haus side in time to open, then I doubt any changes were made to the entrance, exit, or ramps.

Fable McCloud

I remember thinking to myself in October '08, "This isn't the same Small World from my Sing-A-Long tapes."

I wonder if the DL attraction is any different. I'm also wondering if I could stomach another attempt to ride through the cuteness...

M BF says he's not interested in going and that it's the only ride he won't do in all of WDW.

DocMcHulk

Reports coming in on twitter that it is indeed open today.

Per a user on Twitter apparently censored by WDWMagic.com- "It's a small world" at the Magic Kingdom is open again. Only change is exit ramp is now entrance ramp, vice-versa. New loading gates too."
@PaulChadkin - As expected the entrance and exit ramps have been swapped at "it's a small world".

(Why is it blanking out when I try to post a certain twitter name?)

RSoxNo1

Do the switchbacks still exit in the front of the attraction and then wind around to the back where the new load area is?

JimboJones123

L - A - Z - Y

That is all I have to say about the lack of adding characters. Forget adding vigor to the attraction. Selling new merch. Giving the attraction a strong buzz. Doubling the line. All because of laziness.

Damn shame.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
L - A - Z - Y

That is all I have to say about the lack of adding characters. Forget adding vigor to the attraction. Selling new merch. Giving the attraction a strong buzz. Doubling the line. All because of laziness.

Damn shame.

It's been known since this began that there would be no show changes - so no surprises here. From what I understand of most people's view, thats a good thing, the majority did not want the change.

The changes unveiled today are about improving guest flow in and out of the attraction. A lazy company doesn't care about such things - Disney obviously do care.

GLaDOS

L - A - Z - Y

Damn shame.

While I'd welcome the characters with open arms to the "Most Boring Cruise That Ever Sailed", I'd hardly call this refurb lazy. The guest flow in the area was terrible, and this should help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom