Small World Re-opening Wednesday

Daannzzz

The only issue I see (if I remember correctly) is that whn the line is moving slowly or stopped some people (you know the type) will pick at and vandalized the facade back there.

TP2000

From what I understand of most people's view, thats a good thing, the majority did not want the change.

Really? In all my time on message boards, the only people who don't want the Characters added to Small World are people who haven't actually seen the Characters added to Small World yet. :lol:

I can't think of a single trip report I've read where people who went on the Disneyland version of Small World with the Characters weren't surprised at how beautifully they were integrated into the 1964 show, and how surprised they were at how they freshened and improved an already great attraction.

I myself cringed when Al Lutz first broke the story that they were doing this at Disneyland. But then the thing opened, and it was done beautifully and a big improvement. Now I'm a big fan of the Character dolls, and have to wonder what took them so long to think of this.

Horizonsfan

While I'd welcome the characters with open arms to the "Most Boring Cruise That Ever Sailed", I'd hardly call this refurb lazy. The guest flow in the area was terrible, and this should help.

This should help a lot. I'm not sure the exact difference, but the exit ramp is clearly longer. It should be able to keep more people inside the building rather that waiting in the bottleneck of FL outside.

I don't think characters are needed but I'm not against them. They work quite well in the two IASW with them, with Lilo and Stitch being the bad exception.

JimboJones123

Really? In all my time on message boards, the only people who don't want the Characters added to Small World are people who haven't actually seen the Characters added to Small World yet. :lol:

I can't think of a single trip report I've read where people who went on the Disneyland version of Small World with the Characters weren't surprised at how beautifully they were integrated into the 1964 show, and how surprised they were at how they freshened and improved an already great attraction.

I myself cringed when Al Lutz first broke the story that they were doing this at Disneyland. But then the thing opened, and it was done beautifully and a big improvement. Now I'm a big fan of the Character dolls, and have to wonder what took them so long to think of this.

Those against are vocal, small, but vocal. But just because a few dozen here get uptight about it does NOT reflect society's reaction. In fact, when surveying, if negative reactions are VERY vocal from a select few, but those pro just are not as likely to use extreme hyperbole in expressing their emotions.

Merc1974

I've seen the characters in DL's IASW, and I'm not a fan... :lookaroun :zipit:
I actually really liked the "new and improved" Small World when I went to DL last year and hoped that they would refreshen ours here on the east coast! Love the ride, but it's been looking tired and somewhat dusty for a while now :(

RSoxNo1

I agree. For the most part, the characters are a positive addition to the Disneyland version. The only ones that don't really fit in are Jesse and Woody, Pinnochio, and the Three Caballeros.

Jerm

OK here is how you look at it!

DL small world reversed the entrance and exit ramp in the late 80's then got the Disney characters in 2008!!!!!!!

So going off of that you can expect MK to get characters some time around 2025 or so????

People it didn't happen they just changed the queue! Really I know I am talking to the wrong people, but does the GREAT CHARACTER DEBATE need to be talked to death again??? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

But on a side note I like what they did with the queue;-)

aladdin2007

Oh dear lord. :brick:

agreed, there are other issues that need complaining about instead of not adding characters in small world, ahem peter pans flight.

Im kinda glad small world is staying as it is, but bring back the surfer already!! No reason to take that way. Anyone who rode today notice if he was back??

ryno1982

The characters are not bad, but I still think it's completely unnecessary. Plus Disney lied and said the characters wouldn't stand out, but in reality they have spotlights on them and musical cues so it's pretty hard not to notice them.

Jerm

The characters are not bad, but I still think it's completely unnecessary. Plus Disney lied and said the characters wouldn't stand out, but in reality they have spotlights on them and musical cues so it's pretty hard not to notice them.

WRONG!

Disney never lied, Marty Sklar said they were not going to add Mickey and Minnie! That was it they never said they were not adding other characters! Also have you been on the ride in DL? I have many times and they don't have spotlights on them and the musical cues are so low because they come from right around that character you can't pick out most of them!

Tom

Beta Return

So, it appears as if wheelchairs still enter the ride via the "exit" - albeit the new exit, right? I see wheelchairs stored behind the CM on the unload side.

They still have lane numbers on the floor on the unload side of the boats. Are these for wheelchair-bound guest and their families to board the accessible boats?

I was under the impression that the change was going to allow all guests to enter via the same queue. It doesn't seem that way. Although it does appear that it has allowed more guests to fit into the queue at one time.

Biff215

Everything looks good, and it should work better overall. I'm just a little surprised that the queue now wraps around behind (or directly in front of) most of the great facade work they did a few years back. Now you'll only see it well when you first enter the line and when you exit.

Maybe this is what Disney wants as I haven't seen the facade fully operational since it was first installed...

As far as the characters go, I'm not too concerned either way, although it would have been a nice touch and made the downtime even more worthwhile!

This should help a lot. I'm not sure the exact difference, but the exit ramp is clearly longer. It should be able to keep more people inside the building rather that waiting in the bottleneck of FL outside.

I don't think characters are needed but I'm not against them. They work quite well in the two IASW with them, with Lilo and Stitch being the bad exception.

Agreed. I'd hardly call this refurb lazy, that just seems a little unfair.

And are Lilo and Stitch really necessary anywhere???? :hurl:

I feel like I'm going to need someone to pull me down the new entrance though - I think I'll be on a Pavlovian response to head down the old entry ramp!

the-reason14

I think it looks a bit strange because everything is in reverse. My main problem is the way you go behind the facade like another poster pointed out, and it looks like you wont get a great view of it unless you walk slowly and want to take it all in when you walk out through the old entrance.

Horizonsfan

I think it looks a bit strange because everything is in reverse. My main problem is the way you go behind the facade like another poster pointed out, and it looks like you wont get a great view of it unless you walk slowly and want to take it all in when you walk out through the old entrance.

I don't think there is anything to stop guests from admiring it on the now-exit ramp or from the old entrance area. So in theory you can still get the same views as before.:shrug:

Biff215

I don't think there is anything to stop guests from admiring it on the now-exit ramp or from the old entrance area. So in theory you can still get the same views as before.:shrug:

True, but during busy periods when there is actually a decent wait, it will give you a lot less to look at and enjoy. Crowd flow pretty much has to trump this and that's fine, I just think it's a shame since our facade can't be enjoyed as much outside the attraction like at DL.

the-reason14

This is so true. I forget I'm a rare type of WDW traveler and I'm always going in light speed. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom