Small World Re-opening Wednesday

hpyhnt 1000

Interesting.

I wonder what the thought process behind this change was. Does the back ramp allow for a longer queue, or is this perhaps like HM where it may allow wheelchairs to wait in line with everyone else?

I believe the wheelchair access was one of the issues but the bigger concern had to do with traffic flow in front of the attraction. Having the entrance, exit, and stroller parking all next to each other was (apparently) creating a backup of sorts around the entrance area. Guests had to cross through people exiting the attraction to park their strollers and then pass back through the exit again to get back to the entrance. Separating the entrance and exit is hopefully going to ease this crowd control situation.

Tom

Beta Return
I believe the wheelchair access was one of the issues but the bigger concern had to do with traffic flow in front of the attraction. Having the entrance, exit, and stroller parking all next to each other was (apparently) creating a backup of sorts around the entrance area. Guests had to cross through people exiting the attraction to park their strollers and then pass back through the exit again to get back to the entrance. Separating the entrance and exit is hopefully going to ease this crowd control situation.

You know what would have been a lot cheaper and simpler? Ban strollers :lookaroun

NewfieFan

I'm surprised they didn't try to cram a gift shop or add on board photo op.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a gift shop if it carried some nice Small World merch. (that is Disney World specific)! And a nice photo op next to the ride would be a great idea too... I'd love to get my picture taken like I was in a scene of the ride!

Tom

Beta Return
Actually, I wouldn't mind a gift shop if it carried some nice Small World merch. (that is Disney World specific)! And a nice photo op next to the ride would be a great idea too... I'd love to get my picture taken like I was in a scene of the ride!

I'm not sure if I've ever seen any merch that's IaSW related before, but that might be cool.

As for the pics, maybe they could grab a shot of your boat to catch everyone reactions when you come through the last room only to realize there are 15 boats stacked up in front of you waiting to unload. :eek: :brick:

Victor Kelly

The load has from my memories back in the 70's been enter near pinochio viallge haus load right exit left up the ramp along the back wall and exit by the now defunct skyway.

mp2bill

Nice! I had a friend just get back from WDW, and she was upset that she was not able to ride iasw. Glad to hear it's coming back...and before it was scheduled to.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I hope they added back in the pictures of the little kids on exit. I sure miss making fun of the little dork with large glasses and an old man hat.

Neverland

Here's what I've got from a friend who got to see it a few days ago:

No characters

The exit ramp is now the queue (and the entrance is still on the skyway side)

The old queue is now the exit ramp (and you exit next to PVH)

One of the water pits near the tower has been either shrunken or filled in

There is some kind of dugout for storing wheelchairs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom