Small World Re-opening Wednesday

Somebody

Original Poster
Small World will be opening early. The planned opening is now the 20th. It looks great. The boats were cleaned for the last three nights. The storage in/out gates have been replaced with stainless steel gates and the change has been removed (for the most part) from the flume.

MAF

Didn't they have to put in new boats due to, ahem, "larger" guests making the boats scrape the bottom of the ground?

bsiev1977

I think that was Cali. MK has a deeper canal.

So, what's the word on the Disney characters? Yey or ney?

That's what i'm interested to hear. Whether or not those merchandise items we saw a few months ago meant anything, with the Disney characters drawn in Small World style.

puntagordabob

I keep hearing No new characters installed... guess it was true! Saw the Disney characters in IASW at DLR a few days ago, was really tastefully done....though not a huge fan of the USA room as it seemed to be underwhelming IMHO.... if you are going to make a tribute to the USA then it should be more memorable...

Tom

Beta Return
Small World will be opening early. The planned opening is now the 20th. It looks great. The boats were cleaned for the last three nights. The storage in/out gates have been replaced with stainless steel gates and the change has been removed (for the most part) from the flume.

Anything new with the queue? Anything that will assist loading and unloading?

Somebody

Original Poster
Anything new with the queue? Anything that will assist loading and unloading?

Yes, I'm sorry. I was just listing the other items that got attention. I assumed everyone knew about the switched load and unload. At load we have new air gates and unload has new guide rails. The floor has been re-surfaced and everything has been cleaned. The only thing that's bad show up front is the clock has the wrong time. We ordered a new PLC but we never ordered the programmer for it. Maybe next week.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, I'm sorry. I was just listing the other items that got attention. I assumed everyone knew about the switched load and unload. At load we have new air gates and unload has new guide rails. The floor has been re-surfaced and everything has been cleaned. The only thing that's bad show up front is the clock has the wrong time. We ordered a new PLC but we never ordered the programmer for it. Maybe next week.

I had heard something about the queue a while back, but then I never read any more about it. Thanks for the info.

So, they're literally switching the old load/unload queues? Interesting.

trr1

I had heard something about the queue a while back, but then I never read any more about it. Thanks for the info.

So, they're literally switching the old load/unload queues? Interesting.

I thought they were that way a years ago?

Tom

Beta Return
I thought they were that way a years ago?

As long as I can remember, I've entered the boats from the side closest to the front of the building, and exited out the other side (left side of boat), walking up the ramp past the clock to leave.

Has it not always been like that?

hpyhnt 1000

hpyhnt 1000

Right.

So, I guess I'm still not clear. Are they going to reverse this with the refurb? Will you board left and exit right?

That's the general idea; you will board on the left and exit on the right. The entrance of the attraction will remain in the same location, but its believed the exit will now be located next to the Village Haus. The question for the past few months has been how much of a change there is going to be; in other words, was it as simple as flipping the arrows on the ground or is there an altered/new layout of the ramps and/or facade?

Tom

Beta Return
That's the general idea; you will board on the left and exit on the right. The entrance of the attraction will remain in the same location, but its believed the exit will now be located next to the Village Haus. The question for the past few months has been how much of a change there is going to be; in other words, was it as simple as flipping the arrows on the ground or is there an altered/new layout of the ramps and/or facade?

Interesting.

I wonder what the thought process behind this change was. Does the back ramp allow for a longer queue, or is this perhaps like HM where it may allow wheelchairs to wait in line with everyone else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom