Rumor Small world overlay with Tangled?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A family park, yes. But not the same in character throughout the years.

Universe of Energy:
The Universe we know is one of dynamic forces -- its heartbeat sending a constant flow of energy coursing through the vastness. This energy is never destroyed, nor is this energy created. But energy is perceived in different forms.

Within the atoms of all matter - on a level most infinitesimal, yet most powerful - is nuclear energy.

Binding atoms into molecules and crystals - and stored in the cells of all living things - is chemical energy.

In the sudden flow of electrons there is electrical energy.

In the world around us, there is constant motion - and in this motion, there is mechanical energy.

Unleashed in the motion of molecules themselves is heat energy.

Finally, washing over the Earth in an all-pervasive, never ending flood is light energy.

We long observed with fascination, the interplay of these elemental forms of energy, noting that certain forms often changed into others.

Ellen’s Energy Adventures:
Hi and welcome to the Universe of Energy. How are ya? No need to answer. You know, you're probably surprised to see me here on celebrity Jeopardy, aren't you?

Guardians of the Galaxy:
I have famously large turds!
We will probably find out in a few years that when he was younger, Bob Iger was yelled at by a CM at WDW. What's happening now is his revenge for that act.

the.dreamfinder

We will probably find out in a few years that when he was younger, Bob Iger was yelled at by a CM at WDW. What's happening now is his revenge for that act.
Iger didn’t visit the parks until he was an adult and grew up in a snobby household where he wasn’t allowed to read comic books.

He thinks they’re stupid, crass entertainment for trashy, stupid people with $$$.

Kev1982

Dont know if this is said and probabely will be widely unpopular but why dont they move small world to epcot and build the tangled darkride in its place?

Sir_Cliff

I only disagree a bit. I think we were always where we are now. The amazing thing is that the place was built at all and that it lasted as long as it did. We who rage, rage, against the dying of the light will ultimately lose, but I ask that the rest be a bit understanding. We know that this is it. Nothing else like this will ever be built. Our proof that this is it is the entirety of modern history. Even another Walt like visionary wouldn't create the culture that led to this little bit of heaven on earth. It has already been done.
More than society, I think the current direction of the theme parks reflects how the economic system has evolved. A publicly traded company today that remained relatively small and kept taking on ambitious and risky projects like EPCOT Center would inevitably be swallowed up by a bigger company and its assets exploited to squeeze out as much profit as possible. The way Disney went - growing big enough to survive on its own and swallow up other companies - has led to a company that can spend ever higher amounts of money on the parks (even if it's not always clear where it's all going). Everything, though, has to show good ROI and each quarter needs to be more profitable than the last, otherwise they'll get hammered by institutional investors, executives will lose their jobs, etc. The fact that splashy film tie-ins win every time over more ambitious concepts that will almost certainly be less immediately profitable is therefore not surprising.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
US Disney Parks have been known to makeover a ride into a new theme and leave the original version standing in the other park. So while this doesn't seem likely I would expect WDW's IASW to be on the table over the World's Fair version in DL.

the.dreamfinder

Dont know if this is said and probabely will be widely unpopular but why dont they move small world to epcot and build the tangled darkride in its place?
Folks pitch that here and elsewhere all the time. I kinda liked how an earlier version of TDL’s FLE had IASW as the transition attraction between FL and TL.
tokyo-disneyland-new-fantasyland-expansion.jpg

Dutch Inn '76

More than society, I think the current direction of the theme parks reflects how the economic system has evolved. A publicly traded company today that remained relatively small and kept taking on ambitious and risky projects like EPCOT Center would inevitably be swallowed up by a bigger company and its assets exploited to squeeze out as much profit as possible. The way Disney went - growing big enough to survive on its own and swallow up other companies - has led to a company that can spend every higher amounts of money on the parks (even if it's not always clear where it's all going). Everything, though, has to show good ROI and each quarter needs to be more profitable than the last, otherwise they'll get hammered by institutional investors, executives will lose their jobs, etc. The fact that splashy film tie-ins win every time over more ambitious concepts that will almost certainly be less immediately profitable is therefore not surprising.

I agree with this. The Disney we have today was inevitable - unless it had been gobbled up by a larger fish back in the '90s. BUT...

...I honestly don't understand all the hand wringing. World and Disneyland are still AWESOME places! I think they're better than they were at opening, and have improved every decade. Yes, there are little things that annoy me, but on balance the Parks are still great and still possess that "magic" that you can't get anywhere else. ENJOY Disney World, and be glad that they are still an independent company.

MuteSuperstar

Small World ought to be sacred! Build by Walt, in its sixth decade now. The joy of generations.

It may never make my top ten, but my Disney is incomplete without it. There is nothing about this ride I dislike. A joyful happy machine. =D

Agree completely. But so many people love to say it's "creepy" now (gee that's not a very overused word these days). Which I believe is part of what you're saying about the general decline/change in the audience. Who are the real cynics? The ones who can appreciate the innocence of IASW and don't want it to change, or the snarky phone addicts who call it "creepy"?

That said, I don't see this happening. Maybe add some characters like they did at DL, but nothing beyond that. I hope.

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Tangled's more deserving of a darkride than most modern IPs but mess with Small World and you'll face the wrath of angry park fans for years. It's just not worth it or needed. Overlaying Tangled on a pre-existing ride or attraction is one thing. A Tangled overlay on Small World is something else entirely. Alternatively, Disney could just make a Tangled ride. Gasp!

Hopefully only a fan-fueled rumor at this point but I do feel like I'm watching a disturbing trend develop with these "untouchable classics" being touched by Imagineering. Almost in a predatory way. Disney needs a #ridestoo movement for their classic attractions. Just leave them the hell alone. What's next Coco in Haunted Mansion? (as if it wasn't already rumored)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
More than society, I think the current direction of the theme parks reflects how the economic system has evolved. A publicly traded company today that remained relatively small and kept taking on ambitious and risky projects like EPCOT Center would inevitably be swallowed up by a bigger company and its assets exploited to squeeze out as much profit as possible. The way Disney went - growing big enough to survive on its own and swallow up other companies - has led to a company that can spend every higher amounts of money on the parks (even if it's not always clear where it's all going). Everything, though, has to show good ROI and each quarter needs to be more profitable than the last, otherwise they'll get hammered by institutional investors, executives will lose their jobs, etc. The fact that splashy film tie-ins win every time over more ambitious concepts that will almost certainly be less immediately profitable is therefore not surprising.

This I agree with in its entirety.

Prince-1

IASW is definitely one of those untouchable classics, just like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise. I highly doubt a retheme would be in the cards, and if it is, then I will seriously question the sanity of Chapek, TDO, and whoever else is in charge. Not that some of their recent decisions haven't been strange, but this would completely take the cake.

You do realize that the three attractions you listed as untouchable have all been touched???

Rk2k5

The Small world is a classic ride and usually has high wait times I can never see them closeing the ride and the same goes with the carousel of progress. But I bet that at some point they will had to wdw’s version of the ride the Disney characters just like they did with disneyland’s version of the ride.

Rk2k5

Better idea... move it to Epcot and put rides for Tangled, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast in it's place in MK.
There’s already a frozen ride in Epcot but I would love to see them finally make ride for Beauty and the beast and tangled

RSoxNo1

There’s already a frozen ride in Epcot but I would love to see them finally make ride for Beauty and the beast and tangled
There's a Frozen Ride in Epcot that doesn't do Epcot or Frozen justice with it's placement and treatment. It would be better suited in Fantasyland where it belongs. The transition from Tangled to Frozen to Beauty and the Beast (Left to Right) can be done with rockwork as the backdrop.

See the landscape from the Storybookland Canal Boats in Disneyland for Frozen. Seems like this would connect well with the existing Beauty and the Beast Rockwork.
NFF697401.jpg

Rk2k5

There's a Frozen Ride in Epcot that doesn't do Epcot or Frozen justice with it's placement and treatment. It would be better suited in Fantasyland where it belongs. The transition from Tangled to Frozen to Beauty and the Beast (Left to Right) can be done with rockwork as the backdrop.

See the landscape from the Storybookland Canal Boats in Disneyland for Frozen. Seems like this would connect well with the existing Beauty and the Beast Rockwork.
NFF697401.jpg
True I feel like they would maybe at some point put the frozen coaster in Wdw in new fantasy land like they are making right now In Disneyland Paris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom