Rumor Small world overlay with Tangled?

Kman101

I'm not saying people are getting FP+s for IASW... but all the other rides are so congested now, people are lining up for IASW when they never used to before... IOW, the plot to distribute crowds across ALL attractions, not just the Ds and Es, is working.

I agree with this.

Not saying Small World isn't popular, but I rarely see it go above 30 minutes. But even then I still wouldn't call it unpopular.

Frankly I used to be able to walk right on, now it does have at least some kind of wait most of the time. I imagine FP+ has something to do with that. (I also used to be able to say the same for Pirates and Haunted Mansion, no, not all the times but I rarely remember waiting too long for these three attractions. And yes, crowding has gone up so that plays a small part).

This becoming a Tangled ride though? I find it hard to believe, but then again, would we have seen a lot of what they did coming? This ride simply may not be "Disney enough" for Bob Chapek. Isn't that a freakin' scary thought?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not saying people are getting FP+s for IASW... but all the other rides are so congested now, people are lining up for IASW when they never used to before... IOW, the plot to distribute crowds across ALL attractions, not just the Ds and Es, is working.
I get what you’re saying, but with legacy FP and pre FP the attraction had healthy lines.

Certainly not short enough to justify unpopularity.

Expect some tweaks for the 50th but nothing drastic. If anything, quite the opposite to an IP change.

Dutch Inn '76

Not saying Small World isn't popular, but I rarely see it go above 30 minutes.

That's because of the capacity of the attraction. IASW has a capacity of around 2,700 people per hour. In comparison, Peter Pan can handle about 720 per hour; about 1/4th as much.

I would say that IASW could be moved into a show building with a smaller capacity so that something else could sit in its big footprint, but I can't see that ever happening.

Last edited:

Myth Maker

The only thing I would like to see is the facade and queue line moved back a bit to open up the midway... That area is such a huge choke point for crowds.. Other than that a few animatronic characters here or there wouldn't hurt the ride honestly. Some extra easter eggs to look for when you are riding.

MaximumEd

I tend to err to the side of leaving things the way they’ve been with attractions at WDW, but we rather enjoyed Small World at DL with the characters added in. They weren’t intrusive, didn’t substantially alter the ride, and were done very Mary Blair-esque, IMO.

rreading

While I believe this to be true, I suspect that a larger issue is that MK is just more crowded these days...

ChesterKiwi

As unrealistic as this sounds, they got rid of a classic opening day dark ride for a meet and greet. So you never know
The difference I see here is that it's a small world not only has the command of being a ride of which Walt had a hand in the original, but it is also widely-known to the public, remains very popular, and I'd even go as far as to say it's cultural. Just think about how many people will sing the song or reference it in some way. Someone would really have to be off their rocker to put this attraction on the cutting table.

aladdin2007

I get what you’re saying, but with legacy FP and pre FP the attraction had healthy lines.

Certainly not short enough to justify unpopularity.

Expect some tweaks for the 50th but nothing drastic. If anything, quite the opposite to an IP change.

I would like to see the queue redone again and the fountains returned, but thats just my little wish list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom