Small Stitch and Stunt Show Update

Mission: SPACE

Original Poster
I just wanted to inform you guys about some new information on the stunt show. They're now testing at a temporary facility in Epcot's parking lot. I was there Wednesday, and while walking to SSE I could hear the cars echoing of the sphere. I was also over there today and saw a few drivers being briefed. The cars were out, at this point they just have basic black bodies on them (no show involved), although they still have the same shape. I've yet to see them in action, but from what I heard today and Wednesday, I'm sure it'll be great! Definately going to add some noise pollution to the Streets of America area. BTW, I've heard some CMs referencing this area as Streets of America, while some are still referring to it as New York Street.

I went on the Backlot Tour tonight, and they still have the motorcycles in the prop shop area, and they've now added a car, with the full detailed body. It's black, very small and compact. Looks as though they're the same as the Paris show. Maybe MKT is more familiar with this? You can peek through the slits in the tarps on the fence surrounding the construction site, thanks to normal wear and tear and the effects of Charley. From what I saw, most of the area is good to go, with things such as some concrete laying being the only significant construction left. Just minor work at this point. They've also got a U-Turn area looping down into the new boneyard area, toward the loading station. The guard rail was visible through the tarp, and asphalt is now in that area. Most of the queue looks to be complete. While waiting and before entering the arena guests will be able to view the body shop and see cars and motorcycles (possibly jet skis?) being prepared for the show.

Stitch is coming along very well. From what I can tell, most of the interior looks to be coming along, with the exterior where the main focus of work is now. As you've seen, the concrete is gone, and they're now laying pipes and other infrastructure, which I assume is for FastPass. I'm hearing November as an opening time frame at this point, so I wouldn't expect and previews before early October.

tigger248

Thanks for the update. The stunt show sounds amazing!

Just out of curiosity, what part of November are you hearing for Stitch? I know that no one really knows the answer to that question, but just curious if you've heard anything. I'm heading down Nov. 10-15 and I'm really hoping to see Stitch.

Original Poster
tigger248 said:
Thanks for the update. The stunt show sounds amazing!

Just out of curiosity, what part of November are you hearing for Stitch? I know that no one really knows the answer to that question, but just curious if you've heard anything. I'm heading down Nov. 10-15 and I'm really hoping to see Stitch.

To be honest, I haven't heard a specific date at this point. I'll try and find out a date today.

HinunterZuNich

I thought I saw some ramps and a launch rail for car stunts in the left most parking lots of EPCOT when going there from Pop August 16-21! At first I was like why do they have thost at EPCOT, but now it all makse sense.

Mike

Lee

Adventurer
I've got a small Soarin' update to add the Stitch and Stunt Show...

WAY ahead of schedule. Testing could begin on a limited basis within the next 6-8 weeks. The ride will be ready far in advance of when the pavillion refurb is complete. (Pretty darn confirmed)

Speaking of which...
I picked up the tidbit that the fountain is leaving, and that the kitchen for the food court could be moving into the center of the pavillion as sort of an "open air" kitchen. (Unconfirmed)
And also that Soarin' and Living with the Land will have new themes and seperate costumes for the CMs. (Unconfirmed)

WDWFREAK53

Lee said:
I've got a small Soarin' update to add the Stitch and Stunt Show...

WAY ahead of schedule. Testing could begin on a limited basis within the next 6-8 weeks. The ride will be ready far in advance of when the pavillion refurb is complete. (Pretty darn confirmed)

Thanks Lee...GREAT NEWS!!!! :sohappy:

Now...any chance of an opening by the end of the year? (If testing goes smoothly) (For the ride) Or will they hold off opening until the work on the Land is complete?

Lee

Adventurer
As far as I know, though the ride itself will be ready, the pavillion will not be able to accomodate guests for Soarin until Spring.

Figment1986

they might be doing what they did for MS... unannounced openings.... Having The ride at limited capacity for a few months... then close the Pavilion to make the final modifications before grand opening???

cindy_k

My father called Disney today to get a list of the new AP benefits, since we are going to WDW tomorrow. The CM on the phone told him that there might be AP Sneak Previews of SGE next week.

I don't believe that for a second with the pictures of all the concrete ripped up that have been posted on here.

That would be great! :D I'm not going to get my hopes up but if SGE is open in any capacity before I leave Sept 27 I would be elated!

Original Poster
cindy_k said:
My father called Disney today to get a list of the new AP benefits, since we are going to WDW tomorrow. The CM on the phone told him that there might be AP Sneak Previews of SGE next week.

I don't believe that for a second with the pictures of all the concrete ripped up that have been posted on here.

I wouldn't count on that for a second, either. From what I hear, the interior is mostly complete, but there's way too much left to do on the outside. I heard that the reason Stitch is behind was due to what I'd consider to be going 'on the cheap', to quote Roy...

I also heard some noise from the breakroom, so it seems as though they're testing effects. But at this point, they're shooting for November... no specific dates in that month given yet.

As far as the stunt show goes, I'd bet that it will be open before fall, possibly in the spring. For them to be running cars at this point, I'm thinking that they'll finish by late fall, early winter, and then give the stunt crew a few months to practice in the new area. But that's just speculation on my part.

Gfhweb

A note on the testing of the cars in the Epcot Parking Lot. If you ride the monorail at night, most nights it passes right over the area where they are testing the cars in Epcot. I saw them doing some pretty cool stuff on the ground, no ramps or rails, in the few seconds I went over the parking lot.

Original Poster
There was a discussion on the make of the cars a while back. Speculation was that they might be Opels, but there was talk of them possibly being one of the other GM makes, to tie in better with an American audience.

Where I've seen them testing the cars is no where near the monorail beams. You may be able to see a little from there, but where I saw their base was on the eastern most side of the lot, as far away from any guest areas as possible. Maybe at night they bring them out?

**SPOILERS**
A little more news on Stitch... SIR is staying, as we've heard, but his name will me altered to something like SID. Skippy will be in one of the teleportation tubes, Stitch in the other. Since this is a prison detention center, they're being detained.

MKingdom25

I have a question about the "soft" opening for Stitch (which I am hoping will be in October but not holding out a lot of hope :lol: ).

I know this may be a silly question but what is a soft opening exactly? From what I understand it is a preview, but who gets to try it out etc. Thanks for the info!

Figment1986

everyone gets a chance to try it out, but not every effect may be operating... it can go down at any time or be perfectly working. Soft opening is to makesure it works constantly with people, going through it hour by hour, day by day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom