Small Stitch and Stunt Show Update

Mission: SPACE

Original Poster
A soft opening is basically using guests as guinea pigs. The ride opens at unannounced times, for anywhere from a few minutes to the rest of the day (usually depends on how many days they've been running soft openings) to see if the attraction is working effectively and effeciently.

At this point I wouldn't count on a soft opening until mid to late October. They're running behind schedule by roughly a month. It was speculated that it would open in October before the delay, so expect soft openings sometime in October, with an official opening sometime in November. And that's an optimistic outlook. It could be December or later.

MKingdom25

Mission: SPACE said:
A soft opening is basically using guests as guinea pigs. The ride opens at unannounced times, for anywhere from a few minutes to the rest of the day (usually depends on how many days they've been running soft openings) to see if the attraction is working effectively and effeciently.

At this point I wouldn't count on a soft opening until mid to late October. They're running behind schedule by roughly a month. It was speculated that it would open in October before the delay, so expect soft openings sometime in October, with an official opening sometime in November. And that's an optimistic outlook. It could be December or later.
I dont' know about y'all but I am glad to be a Disney guinea pig anyday they ask! :sohappy:

s25843

cindy_k said:
My father called Disney today to get a list of the new AP benefits, since we are going to WDW tomorrow. The CM on the phone told him that there might be AP Sneak Previews of SGE next week.

I don't believe that for a second with the pictures of all the concrete ripped up that have been posted on here.

They would give atleast a month's notice on the previews.. I got my MS preview postcard a month before the previews last year...

Original Poster
ZHoyt said:
Could you ellaborate on this?

All I'm going to say is...

Basically, one area of the company wanted to save money by doing things 'on the cheap' (as Roy refers to it). As a result, they've ended up spending more money to redo their work, and they've also delayed the attraction's construction.

Take it as you will...

Original Poster
s25843 said:
They would give atleast a month's notice on the previews.. I got my MS preview postcard a month before the previews last year...

They don't have to give any notice, although they will out of courtesy. I really wouldn't expect an official opening date for a few more weeks, mainly because they're supposed to announce the AP previews soon, but remember that no dates are set in stone... they could be changed at any time for no reason.

They're behind on this attraction. I think that's why we didn't get the 6/26 press event like we thought it was going to be.

JBSLJames

Once again hoping SGE will be open soft or hard :lookaroun by November 20.

With Small World being down, SGE would fill the void. . .

Sheesh, all the innuendo and it's only Wednesday. :hammer:

Original Poster
You should be good by November 20 for at least a soft opening... they're putting a lot of pressure on Imagineers to have this thing up and running soon.

JBSLJames

You should be good by November 20 for at least a soft opening... they're putting a lot of pressure on Imagineers to have this thing up and running soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I really hope it is open for our trip. My kids are looking forward to it.

JBSLJames

rogerrabbitfan9 said:
I'm looking forward to it .

I don't mean to insinuate that I am not looking forward to it, I am. It is just that I could deal with the disappointment better than them if it is not ready. Here's hoping Frances doesn't 'mess' up the parks too much. Prayers for all of Florida.

scorp111

There was a discussion on the make of the cars a while back. Speculation was that they might be Opels, but there was talk of them possibly being one of the other GM makes, to tie in better with an American audience.

Saw some of the cars last week while on the Backlot Tours. Vauxhall ( European GM) Corsa's were clearly the two cars I was able to identify, there were more under covers.

Frank Stallone

Stunt Show

From what I've been told recently at work, the stunt show is a couple months ahead of schedule. Originally, the goal was to open in May of '05, but April may be reasonable.

WDI as well as Entertainment are still negotiating the number of shows that will take place each day.

CAPTAIN HOOK

........I've yet to see them in action, but from what I heard today and Wednesday, I'm sure it'll be great!
A Formula 1 or Indy car, sat in the pits revving its engine SOUNDS great - but doesn't necessarily mean its going to be a great race :lol:
However, I know what you mean and I'm looking forward to watching it when we're next at Disney. Thanks for the update.

DLP Fan

Stunt Show Paris Comparison

Hi all!

Not long back from Disneyland Paris. So glad the financial situation there has been sorted out, for the time being at least.

Went to the Walt Disney Studios to check out the stunt show. Saw it in 2002 when it opened and then 4 times this trip! It really is superb. Even my girlfriend loved it! The show lasts about 30mins but feels like 5! The setting up time takes a while between stunts but in an almost Indy Stunt Show fashion the 2nd unit 'directors' keep the crowd entertained.

Mission:SPACE mentioned there being a body shop in MGM. In Paris the queue runs past this. On one day a car rolled over which was not ment to happen. The driver was fine. Next day while going into the show the very car was there being repaired. Quite cool getting to see it.

SPOILER (sort of!)
One other thing Mission:SPACE mentioned was a jet ski. Now the set in MGM looks identicle to that of WDS. Between the audience and the set is a strip of tarmac, which 3 cars speed along on at one point (2 'bad guys' in black Opel Corsas' chasing the 'good guy' in red), followed by a strip of water. Now in 2002 a jet ski DID sit in the stretch of water but was never used. Last week when I was there the jet ski was no where to be seen. The reason the jet ski is there is at the end of the show they, supposidly, take the footage shot from the show you watch and add it to first unit footage. While watching the play back on the big screen the jet ski plays a part, hence why it is there. Would be nice if it was used in MGM as to my knowledge it never was in WDS.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=775 border=0 NOF="LY"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD colSpan=8 height=15></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD height=377></TD><TD width=768 colSpan=7><TABLE id=Table1 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 align=left border=0 NOF="TE"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=Table3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="2%">
top_left_corner.gif

</TD><TD width="94%" background=../assets/images/top_background.gif>
clearpixel11.gif

</TD><TD width="2%">
top_right_corner.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="2%" background=../assets/images/left_background.gif>
clearpixel.gif

</TD><TD width="94%">
db_MotorAction_ParisStage_w.jpg

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="2%" background=../assets/images/right_background.gif>
right_top_rightside.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="2%">
bottom_left_corner.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for the updates all.

cherrynegra

"There's the Fence, All I Need's a Motorcycle!"
Stitch Gets Ready to Bust Outta the Joint
By Kenny Hitt
Posted on September 29, 2004
themeparkinsider.com

One of my sources has let me in on a few additional tidbits regarding Stitch's Great Escape. S.A.R.G.E., a newly-upgraded version of Alien Encounter's S.I.R., will be voiced by Richard Kind of "Spin City" and the movie "Stargate". Also returning to the attraction is Skippy, the cute little extraterrestrial guinea pig who was fried to a crisp in the original attraction's preshow. Construction is more or less complete, with training to begin in the next week or so, with clandestine testing going on in Mid-October. November 5-7 should be the date for the AP holders and Disney Vacation Members preview, with an official opening on November 17.

Original Poster
What I was referring to when I spoke about the sound I heard was the tires screeching... Motors revving are great, but when you hear tires screeching, that usually means some nice, tight turns!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DLP Fan said:
While watching the play back on the big screen the jet ski plays a part, hence why it is there. Would be nice if it was used in MGM as to my knowledge it never was in WDS.
The Jet Ski will bve used in Orlando :)
I am not 100% on this, but I am pretty sure that the Jet Skis were originally used in Paris. The problem was though, that soon after opening, the governement decided that there must be a bridge over the water area for the finale jump, which effectively meant the water was divided into 2, and was then not large enough to do any of the Jet Ski work, hence their removal from the show. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom