Small Jungle Cruise Update

TP2000

Do they rotate managers through Disneyland and Disney World regularly? Or was this gift from Disneyland to WDW's Adventureland/Liberty Square a rarity?

Judging from some of the comments here from WDW CM's and my own observations on the differences between Disneyland and WDW, it seems as though they should start an exchange program of Disneyland managers for WDW. They could ship out Disneyland managers to remind the Floridians what the Walt standards are, and ship WDW managers out to SoCal to see how Disneyland is managed and operated. Then those refreshed WDW managers go back to Florida and raise the bar on showmanship and quality standards.

I'm sure the Disneyland managers would be happy to pass on their knowledge and passion for quality showmanship to the Floridians. And the quality would improve for WDW customers, particularly in the rather tired areas of the Magic Kingdom and increasingly parts of Epcot and DHS.

A Disneyland manager exchange program would seem to be a win-win for both the managers and the customers out in Florida. Why not do it? :confused:

wilsonhanks

Stitch is such a great character, he can fit storyline in just about any place of Disney.

For example, imagine being on the jungle cruise, your passing the section of the scattered camp gear. It would be soooooo much better if Stitch was caught going through stuff, then had a dialogue with the skipper before running into the trees for the next boat.

progress.gif

I am trying to understand why people would be opposed to this, it would be great for the kids and would keep the historic feel of the JC intact.

Kids would love it, so would I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:http://forums.wdwmagic.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3533736

EpcoTim

Stitch is such a great character, he can fit storyline in just about any place of Disney.

For example, imagine being on the jungle cruise, your passing the section of the scattered camp gear. It would be soooooo much better if Stitch was caught going through stuff, then had a dialogue with the skipper before running into the trees for the next boat.

progress.gif

I am trying to understand why people would be opposed to this, it would be great for the kids and would keep the historic feel of the JC intact.

Kids would love it, so would I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:http://forums.wdwmagic.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3533736

Because stitch is a cancer that's already plaguing enough rides and shows as it is.

I'm not even going to ask why you think adding stitch would let the ride keep its classic feel but I will say that I stand on the opposite end of the boat and would be much happier if that character joined Captain Eo in the land that the world forgot about.

Figment632

progress.gif

Kids would love it, so woulI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:http://forums.wdwmagc.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3533736[/QUOT

The shame is that Disney management thinks like you, Stich us already all over TL it is enough!!!!!!!!

wdwfan22

While that might have been a contributing cause, it was by no means unworkable. There is plenty of Christmas music in the public domain that could have been used.

It cost money to edit new songs in and re-program those bears ;) Does anyone remember the year that "Celebrate The Season" had one of it's songs removed because they couldn't obtain the rights?

drossjr

please dont add Stitch to the JC. As everyone else has already said he is all over the place already. :mad:

If your going to add anything to the JC please update the inside of the temple.

I really dont want to add Stitch anywhere else. Why not throw him in the Winnie the Pooh ride or hanging from Big Ben in Peter Pan? please make it stop!!! :brick:

Goofnut1980

Also, I will probably be making a photo update of the changes to the dock sometime this week.

I was there on the 21st and noticed those changes... I was there on the 1st and do not remember the state of these items.. BUT... anything is better than nothing at all...

I don't want people to lose their jobs but as a seasoned manager shouldn't it be their responsibility to make sure their rides look like they did opening day??? So if they need to give early retirement to the managers that do not care what it looks like and bring in fresh new young blood.. then all the power to disney!!!

The Conundrum

progress.gif

Kids would love it, so woulI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

no

:hurl:

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Sorry for being absent for a few days, but I was without internet for the past few days.

-Unfortunately, I was unable to get pics of the Jungle dock, due to the monsoons currently drenching Central Florida.

-On a positive note, MK looks the best it has since I started working at the World. Adventureland was spotless, as were Liberty Square and Frontierland. Fantasyland still needs a lot of help, though.

-This Space Mountain refurb has to open some eyes at the MK and show them that they need a big, people-eating E-ticket. The rest of the park is under a huge amount of strain right now with one of MK's biggest attractions down.

-Star Wars Weekends were great this year. Seriously it was spectacular. A big shout out to Darth Maul and Boba Fett. You guys were great!

-American Idol isn't a horrible show. My girl performed in one of the shows(and should have won), and I found myself to be entertained. I wouldn't do the attraction if I didn't know a person performing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm stuck at Orlando International right now due to storms, so I'm sure I'll post more thoughts later.

EPCOT Explorer

Sorry for being absent for a few days, but I was without internet for the past few days.

-Unfortunately, I was unable to get pics of the Jungle dock, due to the monsoons currently drenching Central Florida.

-On a positive note, MK looks the best it has since I started working at the World. Adventureland was spotless, as were Liberty Square and Frontierland. Fantasyland still needs a lot of help, though.

-This Space Mountain refurb has to open some eyes at the MK and show them that they need a big, people-eating E-ticket. The rest of the park is under a huge amount of strain right now with one of MK's biggest attractions down.

-Star Wars Weekends were great this year. Seriously it was spectacular. A big shout out to Darth Maul and Boba Fett. You guys were great!

-American Idol isn't a horrible show. My girl performed in one of the shows(and should have won), and I found myself to be entertained. I wouldn't do the attraction if I didn't know a person performing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm stuck at Orlando International right now due to storms, so I'm sure I'll post more thoughts later.

Good news all around.:D Glad that maint is being addressed in the MK. Would that be the work of a one Mr. Holmes?:lookaroun

Glad to hear that MK is showing it's losses with SM down. Maybe this will be the pull for TLM.

Have a good flight...It's raining down here too.:dazzle:

kcnole

This Space Mountain refurb has to open some eyes at the MK and show them that they need a big, people-eating E-ticket. The rest of the park is under a huge amount of strain right now with one of MK's biggest attractions down.

I would hope it would, but I'm afraid it may do the opposite and further entrench WDW management into believing that its a really bad idea to take down their E-tickets for refurbs and that it is better for the park as a whole to just run them till they fall apart.

Thessair

Forgive me if this has been covered to death, but I was down at WDW for the last two weekends for the first time since October and on two cruises we had what appeared to be managers as skippers. I assume they were managers, they were wearing striped shirts (as opposed to skipper costumes), had phones/ear pieces and everybody was hopping around them.

Is this a new standard thing or am I asking a completely stupid question? :D

WishIwasThere

progress.gif

Kids would love it, so would I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

You can't be serious...Its bad enough we now have two things in TL revolving around 626, but to have him invade AL, like he has in TDL's Tiki room, would be a terrible idea. Hey why not stick him in Splash Mountain, and HoP jumping up and down on George Washington's head. :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Forgive me if this has been covered to death, but I was down at WDW for the last two weekends for the first time since October and on two cruises we had what appeared to be managers as skippers. I assume they were managers, they were wearing striped shirts (as opposed to skipper costumes), had phones/ear pieces and everybody was hopping around them.

Is this a new standard thing or am I asking a completely stupid question? :D

Sounds as though you are describing the CM's who work the Parking Lot to me.:lookaroun:lol:

Thessair

Sounds as though you are describing the CM's who work the Parking Lot to me.:lookaroun:lol:

Not quite that blindingly stripey.

I wasn't sure I'd grabbed a pic, but I did and I probably should have used it to illustrate earlier since my description was ridiculously vague. :D

jc.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom