Slight let down

alo1984

Original Poster
We got our park tickets in the mail today from Undercover Tourist. We are super pumped to be visiting the World on our 1st anniversary! We got 6 day hoppers. However, I must admit I am extremely disappointed in the look of the tickets. Having not been to the World since I was very young, I expected the tickets to be of a much higher quality given the money spent on them. Perhaps some neat graphics on a sturdy stock paper or plastic rather than a small flimsy piece of paper. Has anyone else felt this way after receiving tickets? Am I expecting too much?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You'll find the "flimsy paper" to be anything but...

It's mylar-based stock that is quite tough.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Personally I have never, and more than likely will never, get the fascination, obsession, or what ever you want to call it over ticket medium at WDW. I don't get a ticket for a move or a concert and feel slighted because it is printed on paper stock. Who cares what it is printed on? As far as I am concerned it could be printed on the back of a Hooter's napkin as long as it gets me into the parks I am good with it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think it boils down to you spending $100s and wanting something that looks the part and is worth the money you hand over. Obviosly you are paying for the actual park admission, and not for the physical medium, but I think the mind-set falls back to wanting something good looking and sturdy in the hand. I completly understand people be dissapointed with the paper.

alo1984

Original Poster
Personally I have never, and more than likely will never, get the fascination, obsession, or what ever you want to call it over ticket medium at WDW. I don't get a ticket for a move or a concert and feel slighted because it is printed on paper stock. Who cares what it is printed on? As far as I am concerned it could be printed on the back of a Hooter's napkin as long as it gets me into the parks I am good with it.
I generally don't pay in excess of $500 to go see a movie. Or a concert for that matter.

alo1984

Original Poster
I think it boils down to you spending $100s and wanting something that looks the part and is worth the money you hand over. Obviosly you are paying for the actual park admission, and not for the physical medium, but I think the mind-set falls back to wanting something good looking and sturdy in the hand. I completly understand people be dissapointed with the paper.

My point exactly.

dznygirl64

Our Annual passes are on the same stock,I know the paper is very strong but I would prefer a plastic annual pass.They can make thousands of room cards everyday but an annual pass that we have for a year is paper?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I generally don't pay in excess of $500 to go see a movie. Or a concert for that matter.
You are paying $500 to get into the parks. What difference does the ticket medium make in your enjoyment of the parks. For me not a bit.

And you must not have looked at concert ticket prices lately. $100 and up for artist like Billy Joel, The Police, etc is common place and those tickets are printed on paper stock or are printed off of your own printer.

disneydata

Our Annual passes are on the same stock,I know the paper is very strong but I would prefer a plastic annual pass.They can make thousands of room cards everyday but an annual pass that we have for a year is paper?
Your paper ticket can not access your room. That HAS to be plastic.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And those room plastic keys are actually less durable than the mylar in every way save for water resistance. The plastic cars crack, become demagnetized easier and the printing wears off.

DisneyJoe

We got our park tickets in the mail today from Undercover Tourist. We are super pumped to be visiting the World on our 1st anniversary! We got 6 day hoppers. However, I must admit I am extremely disappointed in the look of the tickets. Having not been to the World since I was very young, I expected the tickets to be of a much higher quality given the money spent on them. Perhaps some neat graphics on a sturdy stock paper or plastic rather than a small flimsy piece of paper. Has anyone else felt this way after receiving tickets? Am I expecting too much?

Your room key is meant as a nice souvenir and is made of plastic. You should be able to have your theme park admission transferred onto your room key, IF you get a decent front desk CM.

Omnimover

And those room plastic keys are actually less durable than the mylar in every way save for water resistance. The plastic cars crack, become demagnetized easier and the printing wears off.

Indeed. My last two trips someone in the party has needed to have a new card prepared as it became demagnitized/scrambled during the course of only one week.

Pete C

Your room key is meant as a nice souvenir and is made of plastic. You should be able to have your theme park admission transferred onto your room key, IF you get a decent front desk CM.

I've never had a problem transferring tickets to my room key. Just go to the park info desk.

dznygirl64

try doing that with an annual pass,I think you are all missing my piont a annual pass looks just like any other ticket and is on the same card stock.Maybe just maybe a card you would have for over a year that will be used many times over the year should be made of better material?

klineski96

You are paying $500 to get into the parks. What difference does the ticket medium make in your enjoyment of the parks. For me not a bit.

And you must not have looked at concert ticket prices lately. $100 and up for artist like Billy Joel, The Police, etc is common place and those tickets are printed on paper stock or are printed off of your own printer.

I'm with Master Yoda on this one... who cares what the ticket is printed on, or the quality of the paper, as long as it lets me in I'm good.

Case in point, today I just printed all my tickets for the 3 NBA Finals games in Orlando (3 games if we don't get swept :() from my desk on normal printer paper. Each ticket is worth at least a grand, and you won't hear me complaining about what kind of paper they are printed on.

DisneyJoe

try doing that with an annual pass,I think you are all missing my piont a annual pass looks just like any other ticket and is on the same card stock.Maybe just maybe a card you would have for over a year that will be used many times over the year should be made of better material?
Its not paper, its similar to mylar and is very strong - and will last much longer than the plastic cards.

MKCP 1985

Go with "super pumped to visit the world on your anniversary." :king: Forget about the look of the tickets. They can spend their time in your purse or wallet.

You are nitpicking.

It is a slippery slope from being slightly disappointed that the tickets aren't on gold leaf stock to being angry that the napkins are ordinary and the shopping bags all look the same.

MickeyTheMouse

Passholder Tickets Are Worse

I am a Florida Annual Passholder and the ticket that I have, I kid you not, is a semi-thick piece of paper. When I say semi-thick, it is rippable. I've seen tickets like the ones you have bought and they are far more durable than passholder tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom