Skyway Station Area Redesign

KDM31091

I hope they at least keep the pond and clock tower area? It is very pretty even if the building was quite rotted (I"m amazed to see that interior pic - who knew it would be that rotted after eleven years of being non-operational).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I too remember the skyway vividly. Rode it dozens of times on multiple trips both as a child and as a teenager. It closed when I was in college.

I never liked Mr. Toad's Wild ride. People's nostalgia wins out on that one. No one will ever convince me that it was a good ride.

Alien Encounter and Timekeeper were my two favorite all time extinct attractions at the MK. The audio tracks on MWW always remind me of how much I enjoyed the well written story in both. Timekeeper was the victim of a type of attraction not many care for (360 vision) and Alien Encounter was just in the wrong park. If AE was in Hollywood Studios it is my opinion it would still be there today.

I will have to agree with you there...the best thing about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was the trip to Hell....which wasn't very Disney like. :shrug:

disneyWX

Thanks for the link Spectro. Was wondering how far along the destruction was (glutton for punishment that I am :( :mad:)

Curious if anyone has seen/has pictures of the stations in Tokyo? Were they similar in structure to ours here in the states?

raven

As long as it is themed to Fantasyland, I think it will be fine. A good of a job as WDI is doing in theming areas lately and how amazing the concept art for the FLE looks, I really don't think we're going to get a concrete block restroom building painted gray there. It may be different but sometimes, different is better than what we have now. I trust WDI to make it, whatever "it" is, look like it belongs wherever "it" is placed.

And it will.

Here goes: Everything you see now will be gone. All new buildings will be erected and theamed around a certain princess with very long hair. :animwink: A tower and other elements of the area will take the duty of blocking the view of the HM show building. An additional path on the back side of Yankee Trader will flow through to the area near the merchandise cart by The Haunted Mansion which will be relocated to allow this. When all is said and done it will look like it's always been there and perfectly fit in the area.

Lee

Adventurer
And it will.

Here goes: Everything you see now will be gone. All new buildings will be erected and theamed around a certain princess with very long hair. :animwink: A tower and other elements of the area will take the duty of blocking the view of the HM show building. An additional path on the back side of Yankee Trader will flow through to the area near the merchandise cart by The Haunted Mansion which will be relocated to allow this. When all is said and done it will look like it's always been there and perfectly fit in the area.

Hmmm...not the princess I was anticipating...

Oh, and greetings to all from Paris. DLP eats the MK for lunch (mostly).:D

Animaniac93-98

Sounds good to me. :)

I'm guessing said princess will relocate from her current spot to there, but will Flynn make it?

And it will.

Wow, I posted a new thread about two weeks ago about using the old tower as a new Rapunzel tower and it got exactly one response. Doesn't seem so far fetched now.

The Duck

I've seen photos of the tower at DLR and I have to admit that it was a very nice touch. I'm wondering if this one will be similar with the hair flowing out of the window and down the street.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...

:wave: Agreed. Was looking at the DLP castle model at OMD last night and was lamenting how cool that park is. Ride Crush's Coaster for me! Hands down my fave Disney ride.

MickeyPeace

So Lee and Raven don't know or work with each other? Fun to see Raven break some news and Lee not know anything about it. I thought you guys were on the same page on all of this news.

Be interesting to see the area when it's done. Tangled is a really good Disney movie and deserves something devoted to it. (as does Princess and the Frog but thats for another thread).

The only thing that slightly irks me is that I liked that the HM used to be so isolated. It added to the mystery and spookiness. First we have the playground queue and now a path leading directly to it. I'll reserve judgement until I see the area finished of course.

Condorman

Agreed. Was looking at the DLP castle model at OMD last night and was lamenting how cool that park is.

DLP is in a horrendous state of disrepair, decay and abandonment. It was gorgeous 10+ years ago, but it's a deteriorating second-thought by the French-based company that mismanages it. I'll take Cinderella Castle and TDO's TLC for their centerpiece any day over the misbegotten, left-for-dead landscaping and empty lots of the entire DLP resort. Maybe someday...

RSoxNo1

Rapunzel's Tower/Elements of Tangled has been rumored to be part of this expansion for a while. I had a conversation a while ago regarding Rapunzel's Tower going more or less in the same location that raven is referencing. It makes quite a bit of sense for all this to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom