Skyway News

SeaCastle

Though never goiing to happen, it'd be cool to use the Skyway station as the entrance/exit of a Snow White mine car coaster, with a queue heading between IASW and HM to a show building behind there, like IJ at Disneyland. :)

RSoxNo1

I'd actually be all for the cheap dark rides like Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland. Quality doesn't really win out in Fantasyland, if a dark ride is in Fantasyland it's going to generate larger wait times then if the dark ride is anywhere else on property.

The Fantasyland expansion may have been better off including mediocre B/C dark rides for Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and the Little Mermaid instead of the one D-ticket dark ride.

WishIwasThere

:brick::brick::brick:

Although, how old was the "Confrontation at the F&G Festival" thread?

The 'not so nice' vendors haven't been there for the last three years I think. Though that thread should die peacefully. Still remember when it first started. That one had me rolling.

mp2bill

what i have heard from a CM is that it won't not be a spidey type ride. It will be more like Dinosaur and Indy But she said it would be the next generation in that kind of atraction. Some kind of 3D walls or somthing. we'll find out wont we. Oh!! The theme will be based on Villians. All types of them. It should be good. But she just said that disney was JUST thinking about it.

That'd be great! They need a villain ride. They also need a Pinocchio ride.

mp2bill

I just read this whole thread thinking the conversation happened today - nope, nearly 10 years old. :snore:

Wow, I had no clue either until I starting reading from my post, backwards. Still, they should bring a AiW or Pinocchio ride to the MK.

Tom

Beta Return
The Old Skyway station? VERY little room. Enough to convert it into a nice little M&G (which almost happened a couple years ago) or merchandise location, but not much else. Certainly no room for a real attraction.

It's also maintaining a nice screen in front of the HM show building and doesn't ruin the Fantasyland landscape like many retired attractions do.

Rather than looking like a run-down boarded up show building, it blends in nicely with the trees and just looks like a German cottage on the hill. In my opinion, it's a "no harm no foul" situation by leaving it there all these years. It's just providing nice theming without looking abandoned.

P.S. I too was reading the thread thinking it was new. :brick:

I recently E-mailed Disney World about whether or not there are plans to bring either the Alice in Wonderland or Pinocio attractions to Disney World. Here was the responce I received:
"Watch for some magic to take place in the old Fantasy Land Skyway station!"
Hmm.....
Not too elabrote but it does tell us something will be going in the old station!

Sounds cool! Hopefully they do something with the area cause just using it as stroller parking is boring.

And Alice already has an attraction. Mad Tea Party.

EpcotServo

I heard they'll reopen it but don't want to rebuild Tomorrowland Station. So it's just going to be one way, with the buckets being dumped into a giant flaming pile of crashed skybuckets at the end.

Jerm

That'd be great! They need a villain ride. They also need a Pinocchio ride.

Wow, I had no clue either until I starting reading from my post, backwards. Still, they should bring a AiW or Pinocchio ride to the MK.

While AiW would be great to see updated since DL is the only park with a AiW full attraction. Pinocchio is one of the least ridden rides both at DL and TDL, while it was a great idea in 1982/83 to add a classic in it has not really been that popular pretty much since about 84. Yes the grass is always greener on the other side, but Disney knows that while a few die hard fans will flock to it the rest of the world wont!

fabroman

Skyway??

Maybe I'm being a little redundant here, but what about the obvious thing they should do......

LIke maybe open the original SKYWAY again???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom