Skyway News

hack2112

a3707-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

EpcotFanForever

I once asked a CM about what was going to happen to the skyway, and she told me there were no plans for the Fantasyland station right now, but she said a ride would be built in the tommorland station that would be better than Spiderman, and that's all she would say. Anyone else have any thing to say about this?

Yep, it's called "The Mighty Hulk Commode of Death".

Mr Bill

I heard Disney was gonna just pick up Spiderman from IOA and move it to Tomorrowland, then add an on-ride photo to it.

Ta-da, a new ride, better than Spiderman and relatively cheap! :)

fbp

I just read this whole thread thinking the conversation happened today - nope, nearly 10 years old. :snore:

NiarrNDisney

Most likely character greeting I would say. When we were there last, pinocio and Gepetto were up there doing gretting. Maybe Geppeto's Workshop as a name? I mean the building already looks like something you'd see in pinocio

Very plausible! but after what like 15 years I don't see much happening!

~Edit~ Wow I too just realized how old this thread is! (Hits self in the head)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not to move this thread any more :)brick:) but does anyone know how much room the space has?

dizneeboy

It would be nice if they could turn the station into a blue sky cellar to showcase the coming attractions like they do in DCA in the old winery building ; )

GrumpyFan

I hate to perpetuate this thread any further, but I did hear somewhere that the upcoming IASW closure was so they could swap the queue entrance and exits. Might there be a possibility that they will incorporate part of the skyway area, or perhaps even do something with the skyway area during this rehab?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I hate to perpetuate this thread any further, but I did hear somewhere that the upcoming IASW closure was so they could swap the queue entrance and exits. Might there be a possibility that they will incorporate part of the skyway area, or perhaps even do something with the skyway area during this rehab?

Much of the space at the base of the skyway area is being used for berthing the Nimitz-class strollers at that end of FL. So I don't think that area is open for change, unless they find another location for the drydock...

Lee

Adventurer
Not to move this thread any more :)brick:) but does anyone know how much room the space has?

The Old Skyway station? VERY little room. Enough to convert it into a nice little M&G (which almost happened a couple years ago) or merchandise location, but not much else. Certainly no room for a real attraction.

Attachments

• skyway.JPG
    skyway.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 140

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The Old Skyway station? VERY little room. Enough to convert it into a nice little M&G (which almost happened a couple years ago) or merchandise location, but not much else. Certainly no room for a real attraction.

I didn't think so. Looking at it a couple of days ago it didn't appear there was much to be done with the space, save for a potential M&G.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom