Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Stevek

So despite the signs saying no taping, Little Ricky decided he was above the rules and filmed anyways. Color me unsurprised...I'm sure he used the standard "Don't you know who I am" line. As for the ride, just a heavily plussed up version of what we have in So Cal. Looks good but not overly impressed or a "game changer" as the Rickster calls it.

Sped2424

I like the attraction but I am surprised at many of the first comments on the youtube videos of it by what I am assuming are run of the mill park goers. The most constant comment that seems to be made is people being disappointed with the fact the attraction is mostly screen based. Which I get. But for me this is still a rock solid eticket! Definitely not universal's best one (I still think it's a tad silly people were calling this better than FJ) but it never had to be that. Overall I love this ride and can't wait to give it a go!

Sped2424

So despite the signs saying no taping, Little Ricky decided he was above the rules and filmed anyways. Color me unsurprised...I'm sure he used the standard "Don't you know who I am" line. As for the ride, just a heavily plussed up version of what we have in So Cal. Looks good but not overly impressed or a "game changer" as the Rickster calls it.
I think calling it plussed it doesn't give the ride justice. The ride took a quick scene from hollywood and fleshed that out into an entire eticket attraction. Not so much plussed up as made reality. it's like giving Wizard of Oz a dark ride from that one munchkin scene in the Great Movie Ride.

Stevek

I think calling it plussed it doesn't give the ride justice. The ride took a quick scene from hollywood and fleshed that out into an entire eticket attraction. Not so much plussed up as made reality. it's like giving Wizard of Oz a dark ride from that one munchkin scene in the Great Movie Ride.
That's why I said "heavily plussed"...but yeah, what you said.

Mike S

Original Poster
I like the attraction but I am surprised at many of the first comments on the youtube videos of it by what I am assuming are run of the mill park goers. The most constant comment that seems to be made is people being disappointed with the fact the attraction is mostly screen based. Which I get. But for me this is still a rock solid eticket! Definitely not universal's best one (I still think it's a tad silly people were calling this better than FJ) but it never had to be that. Overall I love this ride and can't wait to give it a go!
This was discussed on OU. The video was posted by Inside the Magic so it's easy to assume that readers of that site have "commented" on that video.

Scuttle

I found it to be the perfect combination of the two. The queue AAs, bat AAs and Kong AA are perfect. I hate screen based attractions for the most part. I am a big AA guy and I like 3D depth without the use of glasses. But let's face it the only way to do a show scene that action packed like FJ or the T-Rex scene from Kong is with screens.

Bob Harlem

A surprising amount of these "bloggers" are scum or have come from Shady pasts. It's no surprise. Although in general theme park people, Disney in particular, have way more bad or insane apples than many groups. Bloggers and some clubs (TPR, ACE) have more than they should.

Last edited:

andysol

A surprising amount of these "bloggers" are scum ir came from Shady pasts. It's no surprise. Although in general theme park people, Disney in particular, have way more bad or insane apples than many groups. Bloggers and some clubs (TPR, ACE) have more than they should.
That is no joke- that Rob Alvey guy is one of the biggest jerks I have ever experienced. Complete psycho and sociopath- and, of course, criminal record- much like other Disney bloggers we know of...

CastleBound

I watched the video last night and thought it looked like a great ride. It's very Universal, aka screens & water, but it all looks like it's incorporated really well. Even without seeing it in 3D, it looks very effective. Those screen scenes looks very big and immersive. The queue looks decent, very long. That AA in the queue looks near human... I actually was staring at one of the videos I saw for a while trying to catch the AA elements. Very well done. Of course Kong looks incredible, but I can't help but wish for a little more interaction. In the past, Kong was more of a "bad guy", but now Kong just seems to want to save the day. One thing I remember about my trip to UO in the 90's was that Kong was one of the scariest things I had ever seen. As a kid, I literally thought Kong was going to grab my dad, so I was hoping for a little bit scarier Kong.

Of course I still have issues with this being forced next to the JP area. JP needed that expansion pad, but oh well I guess.

Otherwise, this looks like a great addition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I watched the video last night and thought it looked like a great ride. It's very Universal, aka screens & water, but it all looks like it's incorporated really well. Even without seeing it in 3D, it looks very effective. Those screen scenes looks very big and immersive. The queue looks decent, very long. That AA in the queue looks near human... I actually was staring at one of the videos I saw for a while trying to catch the AA elements. Very well done. Of course Kong looks incredible, but I can't help but wish for a little more interaction. In the past, Kong was more of a "bad guy", but now Kong just seems to want to save the day. One thing I remember about my trip to UO in the 90's was that Kong was one of the scariest things I had ever seen. As a kid, I literally thought Kong was going to grab my dad, so I was hoping for a little bit scarier Kong.

Of course I still have issues with this being forced next to the JP area. JP needed that expansion pad, but oh well I guess.

Otherwise, this looks like a great addition.

Be careful saying negative things about this ride or you will incur the wrath of Disneyhead'71. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom