Trip Report Sixth Sense - " I see a LOT of people" - a Max Trip Report - COMPLETED

2022-10-06 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - The Tree of Life (1).jpeg

Hello All
Welcome to my first trip report in almost 3 years.
I will spare you the usual sob story of how vacations were booked and cancelled due to - you know - that thing we do not like to talk about much anymore.

Above from Left to right we have Stephanie (DD) , Tricia (DW) and Cassie (DD) in the front row
And Jordan (SIL), me ( Max, Andrew, Drew, Clarence) and Shane.

The last trip for me and Tricia was Nov 2019 to Disneyland.
The entire group last went in Dec 2018 to WDW.

The 2018 trip was a celebration of Steph and Jordan being engaged (married on Oct 5, 2019)

This trip we have another engaged couple!!
E5313B16-7731-402F-B382-A6130D54B76A.jpeg

Shane popped the question in March 2022 and Cassie of course said yes!

Dates - Sunday Oct 2 - Sunday Oct 9
Stayed at the Dolphin - three separate rooms for the three couples

The title you ask?

Well six people went to WDW and arrived just a few days after a hurricane blew through - we thought crowds might dip - boy were we wrong!!

More to come - thanks for following

Max

stephmax975

Day 2 - back to MK for the evening

We all made our way back separately to the MK for our dinner
Bus service was not great but got worse
We were taken to the TTC and dropped off there - instead of at the park entrance
Need some help here - I thought we were dropped off at the park in 2018
This caused a very stressfull rush for T and I to make it to our dinner
The other four were waiting and not happy
But we made it with minutes to spare
Adding context: Cassie and Shane got there first. Jordan and I were on the same bus to the TTC and then monorail to the magic kingdom.
Adding to my annoyance about the whole thing: The bus said Magic Kingdom on the front not TTC. So I spent ages being salty.
College Accuse GIF

Zipadeelady

feel free to comment on any of the people in the background

View attachment 678242

I'll play.

Pink and Blue shirt left of Goofy look like they got some sort of drug deal going on.

Then you've got to the right of Goofy someone throwing a punch at Yellow shirt guy and a referee handling the fight but I don't see that a flag has been thrown

Last edited:

MickeyCB

You are paying a high cost for a non Disney hotel ( I think we average $380 a night per room - booked 3 rooms)
But you are getting a great location in proximity to the Boardwalk, Epcot and DHS
At $1100/night could you rent points and do a 2 bedroom DVC? 1 king and 2 queen beds and rollout or murphy.
I don't know what the going rate is.
We were stopped in front of the jail scene and I think I got my best pic at this spot every - @fractal - what do you think ?

A67CEAC1-F5FE-4A81-8E0B-59054ABA6748.jpeg
My favorite scene on the ride and I love the photo!

fractal

Day 2 - back to MK for the evening

We all made our way back separately to the MK for our dinner
Bus service was not great but got worse
We were taken to the TTC and dropped off there - instead of at the park entrance
Need some help here - I thought we were dropped off at the park in 2018
This caused a very stressfull rush for T and I to make it to our dinner
The other four were waiting and not happy
But we made it with minutes to spare

View attachment 678670View attachment 678669

Some selfies around the table
View attachment 678671View attachment 678672

The girls were in good spirits (and the spirits had not even arrived yet!!)View attachment 678674

View attachment 678673

Our server was on point - great puns all night
I did not take food picks - not sure if @stephmax975 or @MiniMax took any
View attachment 678676

After a tasty dinner we looked at Tip board and made the plan to stand in long lines to get some rides in tonight
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

First up was Pirates with a posted time of 60 min - which turned out to be 35
I downloaded the Heads Up game and we played it in line - it really helped pass the time with a group of 5 adults yelling clues to another adult who normally looked like this..

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

The ride was great as always - did not do well with the ride photo - Shane is the closest to nailing it.

View attachment 678680

We were stopped in front of the jail scene and I think I got my best pic at this spot every - @fractal - what do you think ?

View attachment 678677

This one was okay
View attachment 678678

Max

Great shots Max! If you ever stop moving in a dark ride it's an opportunity to get some pictures of a higher quality. Good job 👍

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Swan and Dolphin used to drop off at MK. The change to TTC came within the last year.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

The bus said Magic Kingdom on the front not TTC. So I spent ages being salty.
It took awhile for all of us to get back in the right mood
The servers jokes helped for sure

I'll play.

Pink and Blue shirt left of Goofy look like they got some sort of drug deal going on.

Then you've got to the right of Goofy someone throwing a punch at Yellow shirt guy and a referee handling the fight but I don't see that a flag has been thrown
Well done!!!
Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

Same, but I do it the other way around. 😂 I type the text first on the desktop site, then add the photos via the app.
Thanks - but to be honest even if I did it your way i would still get snark from @Tuvalu
At $1100/night could you rent points and do a 2 bedroom DVC? 1 king and 2 queen beds and rollout or murphy.
I don't know what the going rate is.
I think we looked at some of these - no one wants to sleep on a pull out or Murphy all week ( except for Seth apparently)
And everyone wanted their own bathroom and privacy
So three separate rooms made sense at the time

My favorite scene on the ride and I love the photo!

Great shots Max! If you ever stop moving in a dark ride it's an opportunity to get some pictures of a higher quality. Good job 👍
Appreciate the kind words!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 - Oct 3 - MK cont’d

Next up was Haunted Mansion - posted at 55 - actual was 30 min
Stopped in the Bride room for awhile but otherwise it was great to ride this one again.
5B563025-FBD3-4FE4-B718-863178685DE8.jpeg
D6E7A1C8-97A9-408A-A841-BB0558A4FE60.jpeg

51F831EE-7F7F-4C2B-A65C-216270AF36AD.jpeg
B3CEF914-2576-4157-B9C4-4887A2D17E53.jpeg
A90F9189-DE68-459A-A8E2-99657485E6D5.jpeg
8DF20615-0DB6-4921-9B35-E168E6564030.jpeg

We went to Big Thunder so that we could do a nighttime ride (which is always best )
We lucked out big time and had the fireworks going off during the entire ride and then for another 10 min after

At this point I was done so Tricia and I walked back (i had to use the cane on this night )
We walked backstage near the Crystal Palace - which was a side I have not walked through before.

We took the bus to YC and walked to the Dolphin to avoid the Ferry and TTC/ Dolphin buses.

This ends my notes and pics from Day 2

I will leave it to @stephmax975 and @MiniMax to fill in the blanks of what they did for the rest of the night

Max

Last edited:

stephmax975

Oh hello, you called @amjt660 and I'm here!

Earlier in the day when we took the ferry back I saw this chilling on a trashcan on the ferry.

1668699971206.png

matthew broderick film GIF

Our afternoon was pretty chill, we read, I played some SuperSmash on my Switch and we went to grab a coffee from downstairs.

At Jungle Skippers, I had the Sangria and I think that Jordan had some sort of beer? It's rare that I can manage to get him to be okay with being in a picture so I hope you enjoy this photo :)
1668700259332.png

The sangria was pretty good but was probably one of my least favourite drinks of the week (because I just liked everything else more). I prefer my sangrias to be a little bit sweeter than this one was.

After being shamed in the family group chat for not taking photos of our food the previous night, we made sure to take photos.
the lion king shame GIF

For dinner I opted for the Curried Vegetable Crew Stew. The pineapple tofu was something that I've never had before and the curry sauce was delicious!
1668700487478.png

This is what Jordan got. Based on looking at the menu again this morning, I think he got the Skipper Dan's Dan Dan Noodles. He enjoyed this one a lot and enjoyed the savory spicy sauce.
1668700510482.png

And fast forwarding to Big Thunder Mountain
Norm Macdonald Comedy GIF by Luis Ricardo

Jordan and I decided to go check of Seven Dwarves Mine Train but I think the wait was too long. All the waits were a bit long and Jordan and I were feeling tired but first we took a few photos in front of the castle.

1668701661145.png

We also took the bus to the YC and then walked to the Dolphin. The funny part was when we weren't the only people on the YC bus walking to the Dolphin :eek:

And that's the end of our MK day! @MiniMax you're up!

MiniMax

I bring food pics! I think my mom and I shared a salad to start but no pics of that. Otherwise I had the Orinoco Ida's Cachapas and Shane had the "Hardy Har Char" Siu Pork. Both were amazing!
IMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5773.JPG

No drinks for us tonight but I promise we made up for it later in the trip... :cool:

After big thunder we headed over to space mountain. I can't remember exactly but believe we waited ~45 minute which wasn't too bad considering the lines the rest of the day! I'm adding this picture for you @amjt660 ... but I know I will regret it

2022-10-04 - Magic Kingdom Park - Space Mountain.jpeg

After space we took some pics of the castle, went through some of the shops (I was on the hunt for a very specific accessory), then headed back to the hotel
IMG_5777.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 - Oct 4 - Hollywood Studios Day
Well thanks to all the contributions to this family style trip report we are ready to move on to day 3 - Tuesday Oct 4.

We meet in the lobby at 6:50 and I gave my work phone to Cassie. It has cell service in the US while our Canadian phones only have wifi because we refuse to spend the crazy roaming and/or plan fees.

Cassie's (@MiniMax ) fast fingers got us an ILL for Rise. None of us had ever rode it before so we decided to pay Chapek and "guarantee" at least one ride.

T and I took a friendship boat to the studios - trying to save my step count - and actually got into the line at the gate before the others arrived. They showed up before the gates open so we were rejoined as a group of 6.

We followed the crowd to Galaxy Edge ( a completely new thing for the "kids" - T and I went to Disneyland in 2019 and were able to ride the Falcon)

As we were entering the new land we started to see some people walking out - never a good sign - and sure enough Rise was not ready to go.

Deja vu all over again
Looks Familiar Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

We were heading to Smuggler either way - similar to MK when we were not rope dropping SDMT and it was down at the start
Just bad luck - two days in a row
Bad Luck Nbc GIF by Sunnyside

So we followed the masses to the Falcon - but it wasn't bad - 20 min wait

Before heading in

C5B3785E-5A7B-4880-A931-C6900AF270C0.jpeg

Getting our instructions from Hondo

A65DBD99-3B8C-4F10-B0A0-94C168E2B88E.jpeg

Geeking out Star Wars style
DA2E980C-7B1A-4D54-9DC4-797FAA1DC244.jpeg
20B7D75C-E69D-427B-9BC5-FED3416E9A10.jpeg

The crew!
D77116FE-8BD6-4A27-A54D-B08786407AF1.jpeg

Shane and Jordan ( the gamers of the group) took the pilot roles - the team ended up as Marauders - not bad but not great

Both mentioned the split duties of up/down and left/right is crazy - but that is what makes it unique and challenging

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 cont'd - Oct 3, 2022 - DHS
After a thrilling ride we did the obligatory Falcon shots
821A3309-B537-4513-BBA9-EB4433B25EF8.jpeg
A7E126FE-781C-4BA0-B5B9-32EBD25E9B12.jpeg
27AE11E9-2AAE-41BF-A4AA-BC6D578069B4.jpeg

BAD697DB-A54F-445A-95FA-BE79C35F7EC1.jpeg

2639D1DD-6DE5-4131-8C9E-E980FD22C3B2.jpeg

95937092-9754-40E5-9CE1-5D7AB0EDADF7.jpeg

We left SWGE and walked into Toy Story land. First up was Mania
I did okay at 164K but Cassie was the top score at 184K
F65D3020-64DE-4E07-9C3A-53FD4F9D7F73.jpeg
9AD249B8-0F73-4D54-B0EF-C05223331E31.jpeg

Wait times were climbing so we headed back towards Rise
62B756A0-ABBF-442C-8128-F758B48C1615.jpeg

Buzz (but not my kids!!)

B4F89976-EE07-41E6-ABFB-41A09FBBCC7C.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I am tardy, (shocker) but I am here! Great report so far.

I feel horrible for not responding to the multiple times you tagged me but in my defense whenever I log in my inbox usually has several messages from people I've either upset or from the moderators warning me about who I've upset lol

I must have glossed over your tags when I was laughing at the ridiculousness of what my inbox contained but nonetheless I apologize.

I'll await your next update while I'm in the news and rumors section upsetting the brand defenders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom