Single guy at Disney?

Bullredchaser

The Biergarten at Epcot is pretty cool because you sit with a bunch of people from all over the place family style.When you go by yourself you will be surprised how much more people just start talking to you especially in line.After hours at the Disney Boardwalk Ive heard Jelly Rolls is alot of fun but havent made it yet.We have been to Pleasure Island and thats pretty cool .City Walk is very cool as well over at Universal Studios.They have Pat O Briens there just like in New Orleans complete with dueling pianos.If your into lounges Margaritaville is a blast.And ofcourse they got the standard dance clubs as well.

speck76

I go solo all of the time.....I enjoy it. I have actually met some pretty decent people by going solo to the parks (and I ma not an outgoing/like ot meet people person). I enjoy going with friends also, but there is something very relaxing about being able to do what you want to, without regard to anyone else.

Gucci65

speck76 said:
I go solo all of the time.....I enjoy it. I have actually met some pretty decent people by going solo to the parks (and I ma not an outgoing/like ot meet people person). I enjoy going with friends also, but there is something very relaxing about being able to do what you want to, without regard to anyone else.

Aha! So that's why you didn't come to the December meet!

(ps - thanks for putting the birds back in your avatar)

speck76

Gucci65 said:
Aha! So that's why you didn't come to the December meet!

(ps - thanks for putting the birds back in your avatar)

You're Welcome (the birds only go on hiatus during the holidays.

I did not go for a few reasons.....first, I had a friend in town that weekend, and second, I like to be in control of who I do and do not meet. :D

BwanaBob

speck76 said:
I like to be in control of who I do and do not meet. :D
Yeah...some of us ruined it for others.

:lol: :lookaroun

Now he can't even beat us off with a baseball bat. Leeches!

Gucci65

BwanaBob said:
Yeah...some of us ruined it for others.

:lol: :lookaroun

Now he can't even beat us off with a baseball bat. Leeches!

Hmmmmm, I'll bet that could be an interesting story............

slappy magoo

Well, I'm not going to be a killjoy, but I will advise you to be realistic.

If your breakup was a particularly bad one, you might find once you get there that the Disney magic isn't really doing it for you. At the risk of being Mr. Sensitive New Age Guy, I'd tell you to go, but let your feelings dictate what you do. If you're feeling up to hitting the parks, do so. If you're a little depressed and don't think the parks will cheer you up, stay at the hotel, go swimming in the pool. If your hotel has a gym, hit it and work out some aggression. If you get hit with a wave of sadness once you're there, keep some sunglasses handy (good advice anyway with the sun, haha). Worried about eating alone? Bring a book or a CD/MP3 player. Go at your own pace.

If you want to chance either a "hookup" or just spending the day with someone, you can always try going to an online dating service like match.com or nerve.com, and look up people in the Orlando area who list WDW as an interest, who are also interested in just dating (I don't mean no-strings-attached kinkiness, but someone genuinely interested in meeting people). I did that when taking a trip to Londond and met a few cool women that way. But that probably won't be necessary. Though you might not find a lot of people going to WDW solo, you will find people there who are single. Unattached women taking vacations with their parents and/or sibs. Groups of friends going together. And people who are going for the same reason you are. Most people won't be judgmental about you being there alone. In fact, some people might consider you brave, as many folks don't like the idea of being anywhere alone (as evidenced by all the people in my local mall yapping on their cell phones, as if to not have a friend or loved one's voice in your ear constantly is an invitation to despair).

And if someone DOES have the audacity, the unmitigated GALL, to ask why you're there alone, take out a vial filled with grey ashes, and say they're the remains of your wife. She made you swear, ON HER DEATHBED, that you'd scatter some of her ashes in each of the theme parks. Then act like you're barely keeping her composure while talking about how much you miss her. That'll teach them to mind their own business.

BRER STITCH

slappy magoo said:
And if someone DOES have the audacity, the unmitigated GALL, to ask why you're there alone, take out a vial filled with grey ashes, and say they're the remains of your wife. She made you swear, ON HER DEATHBED, that you'd scatter some of her ashes in each of the theme parks. Then act like you're barely keeping her composure while talking about how much you miss her. That'll teach them to mind their own business.

I like it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

raven

Over 8 years experience going to WDW as a single guy. Love every minute of it! Private message me if you want to ask more. :wave:

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
I'm not looking for a cure all for a break-up. I've just always loved WDW and don't want to wait until I find a new girlfriend to go again. Call me a romantic but I adored to idea of being with someone there, and playing like kids all day then hitting the club at night. I know I"m rambling now... I just wanted to chime in and give my thread a little bump.

Gucci65

You're not going until March right?

You'll probably meet someone that appreciates WDW as much as you do before then and all this planning will be for naught. :lol:

Guess we will all have to wait & see what happens.

wannabeBelle

In my life, I have learned if you wait for this or that to happen to go away, you will tend to be sitting home a lot!!!!!! Go and you may be amazed at how good of a time you will have. After my divorce that is what I did and I had the best time I had ever had on any vacation up to that point!!!!!!! Goes to show ya huh??? Belle

AndyP

I'm thinking about making a solo trip myself this year providing a have enough money/haven't met a girl who wants to come with me!

barnum42

wannabeBelle said:
In my life, I have learned if you wait for this or that to happen to go away, you will tend to be sitting home a lot!!!!!!
Yep - to quote a good line from Music Man - "If you stack up enough tomorrows, you'll have nothing left but a lot of empty yesterdays"

TimetoRock82

Go for it!!!

I've made several trips to WDW on my own and I think you should go for it. It's sweet cause your on your own, you can do whatever you want, go wherever you want and not have to worry about the rest of your party. Heck, Im typing this in my room at The Caribbean Beach Resort by myself. At first you might feel kinda weird, but who cares? Your at WDW! Have fun!!

Halfling418

Ok, to be straightforward about it, I've never done it...but that is so hot! (sorry if that sounds too much like Miss Hilton)

Geez, I think it's hot when a guy here at college has the confidence to eat by himself--not needing a crowd of friends around all the time so he doesn't feel insecure. So going to WDW? Frickin sweet. I'm not saying it's to find someone, but that most definately wouldn't look strange to people.

Plus, it should prove a relaxing and freeing trip. That's what I imagine anyway. To wander around a fantasy paradise with the awe of a child....walking to your own beat, admiring the scenery in quiet solitude....

dolbyman

and thinking of this ...

in wdw were some very nice girls :cool: ....I totally love those american girls with brackets :p ... (only >18 :slurp: )

just my thoughts of beeing single in wdw :rolleyes:

jesserin

brkgnews said:
JUST GO!

How's that for advice? I'm a terminally single guy, and I spent eight days there back in September. It's wonderful -- very guy-friendly. IE, you can sleep as late as you want, eat when you want, ride what you want, and you don't have to spend eight hours in every store looking for the perfect Disney hair scrunchie!
Okay I just had to pipe in and say that I nearly fell off my seat when reading that... thanks for the laugh! :D Scrunchie? Are you serious? that's awsome... and so 80's! :D I love it!

(still have the hiccups from laughing so hard... ;))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom