Single guy at Disney?

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
March? Hmmm and I get to meet two lovely disney fans, or rather one "Dizne" fan and one Disney belle. Things are looking better all the time.

Foolish Mortal

Have never gone by myself, but wouldn't hesitate to do so. For many of the same reasons that have already been posted. Best place on earth to clear your head and well......it's a trip to WDW !!!! And are you really ever "alone" at WDW ???? Go, have a blast.

Atta83

I will be there in March as well. But I can say I have been to the parks numerouse times before and have gone solo. I meet new and interesting people that way. I would just sit for a parade and start a converstaion with people. Or even talking to people in line. It sometimes fun to see where people are from adn who knows they might even invite you into your group if they are nice, that has happened to me several times cause the families were there for the first time, I was like a tour guide...Im tourgide barbie...

Atta83 said:
I will be there in March as well. But I can say I have been to the parks numerouse times before and have gone solo. I meet new and interesting people that way. I would just sit for a parade and start a converstaion with people. Or even talking to people in line. It sometimes fun to see where people are from adn who knows they might even invite you into your group if they are nice, that has happened to me several times cause the families were there for the first time, I was like a tour guide...Im tourgide barbie...

I've done that too! You really get to meet more people when you go in alone. As for me being a tour guide, I can't say that I was a tourguide barbie . . . maybe more like a tour guide G.I. Joe. Wow that sounds a little . . . nevermind.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
I have spent a day in all 3 parks alone. It's a great thing to do. you dont have to worry about people keeping up you can meet interesting people (on thoes rides that hold more then one) You can eat when you want or not, it's really nice.

And who knows. you may start the day alone. and end with someone.

Gucci65

I actually planned a 3 day solo weekend to "celebrate" my divorce, but my sister surprised me at the last minute and went with me. Of course we had a blast, but I was still prepared to have a great time had I gone solo.

I agree with everyone else, you will have so much fun and go at your own pace (the biggest bonus of all!).

AliciaLuvzDizne

GrimGrinningGuy said:
March? Hmmm and I get to meet two lovely disney fans, or rather one "Dizne" fan and one Disney belle. Things are looking better all the time.
yeah...my weak spelling was because alicialovesdisney was too long of a name LOL

but anyways i havent decided which week in march but its gonna be super fun :D

OliveMcFly

GrimGrinningGuy - Wow, such a quick response! Thanks everyone. I understand the spose/girlfriend not into it thing. My last was just not into it eiether, i felt like I was dragging her there.
I had the same problem with my ex boyfriend. Sooner or later...WDWMagic Love Matches! LOL

Kevin

GrimGrinningGuy said:
Keep the comments coming though! :sohappy:

I've gone on solo trips many times and had the best time in the world. I would highly encourage you to go do it and have fun. You'll be shocked when you get back why you were so worried about it and you'll be planning your second solo trip!

JeffH

My first time

The first time I went up alone, I had just divorced and (more importantly) it was the 1st time I was apart from my Silky Terrier (Bo Jangles). The drive up after work and 1st night were tough. I listened to Monty Python on the 3 hour trip to cheer me up, but I was so wrought that I had to crash in the room that 1st night.

But the week to follow was the best week ever. I could do what I want for as long as I wanted without worrying about anyone else’s cares and that is a very powerful experience.

Being a single makes it easier to get on rides and find seats since single spaces are rarely taken (back in those days when the omni-bus traversed the world showcase, I could almost always get on the coming bus by sitting on the little single stool in the back under the stairs, leaving all those 'couples' waiting in line).

The only bad parts are not having someone to tell things to, and eating at a sit down restaurant alone.

Nowadays, especially with pin trading, you can always find a CM to tell what a great experience you are having (and you might even get something for it, like inside information or a free trinket).

...and for eating, you just need to 'get over it' and enjoy the meal. I did find myself offering advice to nearby guests on occasion.

Of course, if you're not really interested in the fine dining, then you should have no problem with eating, because picking up fast food is a great excuse for finding a nice table and watching the world go by...

I actually recommend to couples that they should plan on splitting up on occasion to enjoy the freedom that it offers (especially at the World Showcase), then meet back up for dinner to discuss their adventures.

Nowadays I rarely go solo except for a few one day pin-trading adventures; because a trip with my daughter is so magical you just can't believe.

GymLeaderPhil

Did somebody say solo? Most of the time I'm there, recently anyways, is a single trip (unless I can coax someone else into coughing up $60).

You'll meet plenty of people if you're not shy about talking to random strangers... could be the Stitch ears for me though. It's a great conversation piece to start off with, I guess.

GrimGrinningGuy

Original Poster
It all sounds so wonderful, i'm a big fan of The haunted mansion and peter pan though. (definately better with two) I'll keep you guys posted about when I end up going. Does anyone have an idea where to go after the parks close? Also has anyone been to the water parks? Those are the only places I havn't been. I've only been to RC and that was back in the 80's.

barnum42

GrimGrinningGuy said:
Does anyone have an idea where to go after the parks close?
Crawl back to bed for a night's rest ready for another full day in the parks :D
Or head to Pleasure Island or a resort restaurant.

drew81

Atta83 said:

I bet you would even help by taking pictures with the characters for those people. You are too nice Atta.

Slipknot

I just got back from a day alone at WDW last night. It is very fun. Not only do you not have anyone to pull you one way when you want to go the other. You can do what you want, when you want, and how you want to do it. Who knows, you may just befriend someone while standing in line for your favorite ride, or while in line to get a turkey leg. :slurp: You never know what a day at WDW alone could bring.

AliciaLuvzDizne

GrimGrinningGuy said:
It all sounds so wonderful, i'm a big fan of The haunted mansion and peter pan though. (definately better with two) I'll keep you guys posted about when I end up going. Does anyone have an idea where to go after the parks close? Also has anyone been to the water parks? Those are the only places I havn't been. I've only been to RC and that was back in the 80's.
i love the water parks...i like blizzard beach better but since they're building that water coaster at typhoon lagoon im gonna have to go there and give it a try!!

also
after the parks close go to Downtown Disney and shop until Pleasure Island opens :D

Agent1964fem

Go and enjoy yourself . Just the stuff to mend a broken heart.

Wilderness Lodge 1998
Carribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans -Riverside 2005

Even miracles take a little time.

Fairy Godmother to Cinderella

meatloafsfan

GrimGrinningGuy said:
Does anyone have an idea where to go after the parks close? Also has anyone been to the water parks? Those are the only places I havn't been. I've only been to RC and that was back in the 80's.

How about DQ (disneyquest) after park hours? It's perfect for singles cause really who wants to be bugged by someone else while playing video games!?! :D

Typhoon Lagoon is great (but it will be closed until March or April). So I am sure that Blizzard Beach is good as well. And again, it's a great place for singles cause water slides are generally single riders. And you are only held back by how fast your legs can carry you up those loooonnnnnggggg stairs...lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom