Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

P_Radden

There's a few directions under consideration for the next decade. I don't believe anythings been decided yet.
This better not ever get painted over:
DFEF0wJVYAEo7dW.jpg

Magic Feather

I'm pretty sure that various insiders have said the drones were a one time thing for last Christmas.

For Disney Springs, yes.

But their long term future is in the parks.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...s-takes-a-step-closer-to-becoming-reality.htm

Honestly, they are going to EPCOT and only EPCOT for the forseeable domestic future. Current plan is for them to be used in Illuminations: Next Gen (Not the Subtitle... Or is it?), which should debut in time for the 50th, and may or may not feature studio IP. Other than Dronez, Pyro, and Fountains, stuff is still up for grabs as far as being included. As of now, the target is 2020, but I expect it to go to 2021 to compensate for Happily Ever After: Revised. Also, I know its the wrong thread(s), but I don't expect major RoL changes until post 50, do expect AK changes pre-50, and Studios Nighttime Spectaculars should look as different now compared to three years ago, as it will from now compared to three years ago.

AEfx

Honestly, they are going to EPCOT and only EPCOT for the forseeable domestic future. Current plan is for them to be used in Illuminations: Next Gen (Not the Subtitle... Or is it?), which should debut in time for the 50th, and may or may not feature studio IP. Other than Dronez, Pyro, and Fountains, stuff is still up for grabs as far as being included. As of now, the target is 2020, but I expect it to go to 2021 to compensate for Happily Ever After: Revised. Also, I know its the wrong thread(s), but I don't expect major RoL changes until post 50, do expect AK changes pre-50, and Studios Nighttime Spectaculars should look as different now compared to three years ago, as it will from now compared to three years ago.

So no X-Wings at the Studios or flying whatevers in Pandora? That's too bad.

Bender123

The new exit corridor was built in front of the mural in 1986 so who knows.

Based on the photos of the mural being painted and by the artists website, it looks like it wasn't painte in place, but it was initially made in California and shipped to WDW in pieces. I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor, but it was said to have been moved and displayed in WDI offices for some set of time. If anybody would know, I would guess its you, but I hope its true that it still exists somewhere out there in Walt Disney HQ.

That art is a treasure and it would be horrible if its gone forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom