Show Your Teeth: Maelstrom or Frozen Overlay?

Which attraction should be present in the Norway Pavilion in a year?

• Maelstrom (either in current, updated, or expanded form)

Votes: 220 84.9%
  • A Frozen Overlay/Redo of Maelstrom

Votes: 39 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aladdin2007

I just don't see how Frozen would work as an overlay on Maelstrom. I think trying to squeeze elements from the movie onto the ride's design and mechanics would be a disaster. And it's such a LAME, CHEAP, CRASS way to tap into Frozen's success...and TDO, don't think for ONE MINUTE that the general public won't think the same. THEY'RE NOT STUPID!

unfortunately they kind of are, look at how they have flocked to DHS for the frozen surcharge events and the tacky iceskating thing and the lame so called parade. So if frozen takes over Norway it will be the same way sadly. TDO knows and loves that its cheap but they know at the same time people will flock to it anyway, thats why we get crap all the time instead of anything worth while.

aw14

To me there is a major difference to a M&G and a new ride. If WDC wants to capitalize on frozen, I understand that. But leave a little of the history there. They have already damaged the Mexican pavilion, let's not do that to Norse history as well. (Truth be told, my family is of Norse desent, so a little biased).

ABQ

Is Agrabar (sp) in Morrocco? No one seems to mind Aladdin & Jasmine there
I agree, and though it's not the same as few question Snow White being in Germany and Aurora or Belle in France, but each of these meet and greets are additions to what was in these pavilions, I don't believe any replaced existing attraction space. I can tolerate all the current meet and greet items in World Showcase. I didn't like the Frozen meeting as it displaced so much within the Puffin's Roost.

George Lucas on a Bench

I would think that even most Frozen fans would want some kind of original attraction, not a perversion of one that already exists. I don't even think that area would be able to handle the crowds it would draw. When they suddenly shoehorned the princesses into Norway, it clogged up the entire pavilion with strollers, little girls in prince$$ dresses and miserable parents and their sons.

Maelstrom is 80s EPCOT Center goodness that should be left alone.

aw14

Why don't they just throw a few bucks by way of the "History channel" proprietors and revamp 'Maelstrom' to tell stories of "Ragnar Lothbruk ". Now THAT is VIKINGS !!
I do understand where you are coming from. History channel has bastardized the legend of Ragnar and Rollo et. al.

However, here is a lot to the history that could be there and a revamped maelstrom that goes into the mythology and it's importance could be very entertaining.

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's a good question...Since the girls left Norway did they change the exhibit in the Stave Church? Or is it still the Frozen exhibit?

Adam N

My question is why is there a Norway pavilion in the first place? Are there that many Norwegians breaking down the gates to get in the parks? Give South America a freaking country. Take out Norway, especially if the country itself wants nothing more to do with the pavilion because of all of this Frozen debacle, and put in Brazil. There are enough that come to the parks, and Mexico doesn't cut it. There are 11 countries and 5 are Europe. I mean, come on.

DinoInstitute

My question is why is there a Norway pavilion in the first place? Are there that many Norwegians breaking down the gates to get in the parks? Give South America a freaking country. Take out Norway, especially if the country itself wants nothing more to do with the pavilion because of all of this Frozen debacle, and put in Brazil. There are enough that come to the parks, and Mexico doesn't cut it. There are 11 countries and 5 are Europe. I mean, come on.
Since there aren't as many Norwegians visiting, there will be less complaints about misrepresentation.

aladdin2007

Theres room to add more like you suggest without having to take out Norway or any other country. Theres a Norway because Norway paid for it originally. Whats wrong with having Norway?

baloofigment14

I think the countries are there for anyone who wants to learn about them regardless of where you are from. From what I understand it is more of a way for a country to promote themselves, and spark interest in someone about their country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom