Show Your Teeth: Maelstrom or Frozen Overlay?

Which attraction should be present in the Norway Pavilion in a year?

• Maelstrom (either in current, updated, or expanded form)

Votes: 220 84.9%
  • A Frozen Overlay/Redo of Maelstrom

Votes: 39 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctxak98

This ride does Not need Frozen! I don't like how Epcot is incorporating more and more characters, especially in it's attractions!

I like the idea of characters having meet and greets if they tie into that country but I want epcot to stay fun yet educational at the same time!

Maelstrom just needs some updates and maybe even a redo but not with Frozen!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love frozen and think it deserves an attraction, but not this way!

wdwfan4ver

My question is why is there a Norway pavilion in the first place? Are there that many Norwegians breaking down the gates to get in the parks? Give South America a freaking country. Take out Norway, especially if the country itself wants nothing more to do with the pavilion because of all of this Frozen debacle, and put in Brazil. There are enough that come to the parks, and Mexico doesn't cut it. There are 11 countries and 5 are Europe. I mean, come on.
You don't need to take out Norway to add Brazil. There actually are expansion pads in World Showcase not used.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My question is why is there a Norway pavilion in the first place? Are there that many Norwegians breaking down the gates to get in the parks? Give South America a freaking country. Take out Norway, especially if the country itself wants nothing more to do with the pavilion because of all of this Frozen debacle, and put in Brazil. There are enough that come to the parks, and Mexico doesn't cut it. There are 11 countries and 5 are Europe. I mean, come on.

Hey, don't be ripping on Norway now! As a person of Norwegian descent I love having that country there. As someone else pointed there is room in World Showcase to add countries not take them away. WDW doesn't need to delete attractions to add new ones.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

If they do turn Maelstrom into Frozen it's only the beginning. Seriously. Once you replace one country for a fictional movie it's the end of EPCOT as we know it. It will turn into Fantasyland with a few educational and cultural facts along the way for good measure.

Personally, I hate Maelstrom. Always have. And i think Frozen deserves a ride. Disney would be smart to capitalize on the movie. Do I think this is the best place for it? No. Do I think it can handle the crowds? No. Would fans complain about taking out a "classic" attraction? Yes. Would guests complain when they see the "new" ride because it will be underwhelming and no where as cool as they would hope? Yup. Will people still flock to it because it's Frozen and then Disney can boast "look how popular our parks are-we have three hour waits for one ride!" Oh yeah.

I'm torn though because not all animated hits can fit in Fantasyland or even MK for that matter. And to many guests, EPCOT worked in the 80's but does not work as well anymore due to a lack of vision. I can see Disney putting in lots of new attractions: Frozen, Ratatouille, Aladdin, and Mulan, and Mary Poppins. It would change the entire purpose of the park. And while I hate that, I am curious what that park would look like. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do- but would families love the new attractions and would kids love to see more of their beloved characters? Time will tell....

Beholder

A ride based on mytholgical Thor would be a great fit for Epcot. What would be wrong with it? (Heck they already have Odin on the current ride.)

I was actually refering to the film version of Thor, only because the debate concerns the movie Frozen. I agree however that an attraction centered around Norse history and tradition featuring the gods of Asgard would be great.

Oddysey

Went to Hollywood Studios last night for the first time since the Frozen take over. And it was just that, a Frozen takeover. Many popular attractions closed at 8:00pm (TGMR & TSMM just to name a couple) even though the park closed at 10:00pm. The sad thing is, we got there at 7:00pm expecting to be able to do several things before park closing, but couldn't. Moreover, multiples walkways were inexplicably closed. Heck, there was even a couple cast member standing at the end of the streets of New York at 8:00pm with a flash light directing traffic away from the less crowded New York, and towards the center of the park for the night time Frozen festivities. It was as if all walkways were an overcrowded funnel for the last two hours of the park being open. The funnel was leading to food, merchandise, and a giant waiting area (the main street) where people where herded together to see fireworks. With a 3 year old in tow there was literally nothing left to do in the park for the remaining 2 hours of opening except shop, eat, and wait. The sad thing Disney closed down half of the park and got the results they wanted. Most everybody was eating, and there was even a long roped line that had to be waited in just to gain access to the Frozen merchandise store. Which I did not go into.

After seeing the results of what one Frozen takeover all I can do is shutter at the thought of it taking over the Norway pavilion. After last nights experience I could go the rest of my life without seeing Frozen ever again and die a happy person. And I actually liked the movie. All being said, leave Norway and Maelstrom alone!

Last edited:

Oddysey

Hey, don't be ripping on Norway now! As a person or Norwegian descent I love having that country there. As someone else pointed there is room in World Showcase to add countries not take them away. WDW doesn't need to delete attractions to add new ones.

What is a Norway? (so says this American)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom