Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The whole point of this thread was to find a valid explanation of why if, someone pays for a premium hotel, why can't they get more for their money at the parks?

Now I would love for this to happen, and I have made no bones about it, but what if Disney listen to me, and made this happen?

Would it alter your trip to a value, and save for an even magical experience at a deluxe?

And therein lies the problem with the thread: Disney isn't listening....:eek:

the-reason14

And therein lies the problem with the thread: Disney isn't listening....:eek:

Good! Lol, real talk. If they did do this, I would be upset. What exactly would the delxue folk get? An extra fastpass or something? If so, I would still stay at the value and complain to guest relations every chance I get about how things used to be and ask them to give me extra fastpasses too because I asked. :D That'll be taking it too far, but so is giving extra park benefits to those staying at deluxe resorts.

Aren't the deluxe resorts the MK resorts? Well there's your bonus, you get monorail transport to one of the parks and get to see pretty water. Happy?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
WL, AKL and the Epcot resorts are all Deluxe, no train there.

You could argue that some of the best eateries are in the DeLuxe resorts. So that is a benefit. Though they do let poor people in so that may upset the nouveaux riche OP.

sueuk

As I've been reading this thread I notice that everyone says 'no extra perks' BUT on the poll there are at least 40 people who would like more perks ... so methinks some people are fibbing:ROFLOL:

thewhitequeen

I would be very, very happy if WDW followed along with Universal and made a "VIP FastPass" available for certain resort guests.

Because WDW has so many more rooms they would have to limit it. In my opinion they could offer it only to guests staying at the concierge/club level at deluxe resorts.

But this topic always brings out the class envy and bitter feelings.

:shrug:

I'll bring my own bag of gummy worms and gold fish thank you very much. :ROFLOL:Club level in Disney is a joke.

Animaniac93-98

Is there enough popcorn to go with this thread? Well, here are my thoughts.

First, Disney already does this. Extra Magic Hours, Disney's Magical Express, free parking at the parks, sending packages to your room, free golf club rentals, preferred tee times, discount rounds of golf, additional days to book ADRs, the Disney TV channel with park hours etc.

All of the above are incentives to get you to stay on site and arguably make your visit to WDW more enjoyable. It's called marketing. I'm surprised people are getting upset over this now.

If you don't like giving people extra Fastpasses for example out of dislike of an "elitist principle" than you should request all those other incentives be removed. After all, it's not fair to those staying off site that you're getting all that stuff.

I think it would be fairer to argue against offering extra "non-resort" perks based on resort levels (since EMH, are offered for all for example), but I say if you're paying an extra non-resort fee to get something why shouldn't you get it? Isn't the reason you gave money away is you felt you'd get something of value in return?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Is there enough popcorn to go with this thread?

Its a Jimmy Thick thread. They are always interesting and invite debate. The best part is the passion people always seem to post with. It brings a tear to my eye when I think about how brave I am for the topics I think up.

T-Shirts, coming soon, I'm going to get that Sham-Wow guy to sell them.

eddiemcgarrigle

It's a road that WDW should not go down. You get added amenities and benefits already at deluxe resorts and simply having more cash to splurge than someone else should not make a difference once you hit the parks.

I'm spending £5000 on my trip in May and this equates to around $7500. Given that I am travelling over to Orlando from Glasgow, I am crossing far more miles to get there than a lot of guests. So, $8000 for two weeks in the POFQ in moderate season, does this mean I should get more benefits than the family in the room next to mine who have paid less? Should the staff treat me better because I've travelled futher to get there? I don't think so.

Let's not create a class system at WDW as that would ruin the magic of the parks. I'm sure Walt never envisioned treating two kids differently based on the size of daddy's wallet.

Animaniac93-98

Let's not create a class system at WDW as that would ruin the magic of the parks. I'm sure Walt never envisioned treating two kids differently based on the size of daddy's wallet.

As already stated, in Walt's days the more $ you had, the more attraction tickets you could buy.

Is it fair that those who can afford to eat at table service restaurants in the parks are not forced to eat at counter service locations instead? Is it fair that those with more money can get better souvenirs, or can afford to have someone take their picture for them?

This isn't about a class system, this about a business making money by providing services and products. Everyone can use them, if they choose to.

thewhitequeen

The only thing I think Disney *could* do is offer fastpasses for an extra fee (like the VIP passes in Universal and Seaworld). I'd probably spring a few extra bucks for that option. Other than that, the tier level resorts already have tier level amenities. There's nothing else to add/subtract.

jakeman

It's a road that WDW should not go down. You get added amenities and benefits already at deluxe resorts and simply having more cash to splurge than someone else should not make a difference once you hit the parks.

I'm spending £5000 on my trip in May and this equates to around $7500. Given that I am travelling over to Orlando from Glasgow, I am crossing far more miles to get there than a lot of guests. So, $8000 for two weeks in the POFQ in moderate season, does this mean I should get more benefits than the family in the room next to mine who have paid less? Should the staff treat me better because I've travelled futher to get there? I don't think so.

That is a poor analogy.

You are spending more due to a number of factors, first of which is more than likely the cost of your flights.

Why would someone who drove 100 miles be entitled to less perks rather than someone who flew. That simply doesn't make sense from a business perspective for TWDC at this point. They stand nothing to benefit by rewarding air travel at the moment.

There is already a class system at WDW, it's just hidden better than in most places. And Animaniac is right, Walt did do just that. Club 33 anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom