Should MK replace pirates?

KrazyKat

Don't get rid of POTC at MK!!! If anything, expand it for the 50th with a few unique scenes exclusive to MK. With the direction DHS is going, Shanghai's Pirates attraction would fit in nicely as an addition to DHS somewhere. Plus, we'd finally have a water based ride there. Imagine Pirates and Indy coming to DHS (OK, I'll wake up now).

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Alright, you all have convinced me. I hope they add BotST to DHS though. That is the best attraction I have ever been on.

FettFan

Yes, they should replace Pirates....

With the Western River Expedition.
latest

SDL pirates could work at DHS ...and put our Pirates back to how it was before the Sparrow invasion....just mho...

I actually heard that this was once on the table after SWL and TSL were done at DHS, basically cloning the Treasure Cove area of SDL and bringing over both Battle for Sunken Treasure and the Pirates Stunt Show from SDL....then leaving Indiana Jones for AK.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I actually heard that this was once on the table after SWL and TSL were done at DHS, basically cloning the Treasure Cove area of SDL and bringing over both Battle for Sunken Treasure and the Pirates Stunt Show from SDL....then leaving Indiana Jones for AK.

I regard most of the classic AA in MK's PotC to be just awful. No nostalgia glasses for me (and I did ride it as a child).

So, I'm all for a major overhaul, but, if money is going to be spent, it should be on a Pirates Land similar to Shanghai. If that happens in DHS, that's fine. Or if they do a 360 degree Pirates Resort coupled with a Pirates Land connected to The Seas in Epcot, that's fine, too. Once the New PotC opens, give it two years, and then close down the old one and move the beloved OG AAs to the resort as decoration. That frees up PotC in MK for an overlay or overhaul.

And to add to the blasphemy... if you have to sacrifice Jungle Cruise to create a new Pirates Land... so be it. The depictions of indigenous people in that ride is more politically incorrect than the slave auction. DAK could use an updated jungle cruise with state of the art AA jungle animals.

spock8113

Arrrrggghhh????
No, no, a thousand times no.
They already took out the two-boat loading system and made it just one.
At some point you have to maintain your original and historic rides because people of all ages love 'em.
Wouldn't we all want World of Motion and the original Figment?
POC should be made like the original in DisneyLAND!!!
Longer and a much better sound system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Arrrrggghhh????
No, no, a thousand times no.
They already took out the two-boat loading system and made it just one.
At some point you have to maintain your original and historic rides because people of all ages love 'em.
Wouldn't we all want World of Motion and the original Figment?
POC should be made like the original in DisneyLAND!!!
Longer and a much better sound system.

By that point of view, MK is an abomination since it's not the original set of Disneyland rides.

Attractions aren't museums.

I'm not arguing changing things for the sake of changing things. I'm saying that the opposite pole is just as bad: Keeping things the same for the sake of keeping things the same.

I don't go to Orlando three times a year to visit 1950's audioanimatronics land.

iPirate

Just watched some SDL videos, and I am a No.
I love everything pirates, but the SDL ride just doesn't feel like it would be well suited for MK. Isn't it bad enough they are taking out "We want the redhead!" from the auction scene??

Pixieish

I regard most of the classic AA in MK's PotC to be just awful. No nostalgia glasses for me (and I did ride it as a child).

So, I'm all for a major overhaul, but, if money is going to be spent, it should be on a Pirates Land similar to Shanghai. If that happens in DHS, that's fine. Or if they do a 360 degree Pirates Resort coupled with a Pirates Land connected to The Seas in Epcot, that's fine, too. Once the New PotC opens, give it two years, and then close down the old one and move the beloved OG AAs to the resort as decoration. That frees up PotC in MK for an overlay or overhaul.

And to add to the blasphemy... if you have to sacrifice Jungle Cruise to create a new Pirates Land... so be it. The depictions of indigenous people in that ride is more politically incorrect than the slave auction. DAK could use an updated jungle cruise with state of the art AA jungle animals.

The OG AAs need some MAJOR TLC...they look awful...like they've been tossed around in a toybox for around 30 years.

I'm up for any of the above options - but only if Jungle Cruise moves right along with PotC. We NEED a pirates land...with real treasure hunts, having to escape rogue pirates...the whole 9 yards. That could be EPIC.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd venture that POTC has been sufficiently modified to be politically correct that its just a shell begging to be replaced. Pirates of the Politically Correctness is a more apt title.

"Pirates" that lack sufficient intestinal fortitude to fend off ladies armed only with brooms was just the start. Now with the auction scene being revamped to remove any hint of impropriety we are left with a bunch of treasure seekers with bad hygiene, questionable style, and a penchant for overindulging in rum.

Pixieish

I'd venture that POTC has been sufficiently modified to be politically correct that its just a shell begging to be replaced. Pirates of the Politically Correctness is a more apt title.

"Pirates" that lack sufficient intestinal fortitude to fend off ladies armed only with brooms was just the start. Now with the auction scene being revamped to remove any hint of impropriety we are left with a bunch of treasure seekers with bad hygiene, questionable style, and a penchant for overindulging in rum.

The replacement of the bride auction was a horrible decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom