Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
They are getting so big!
OMG, they are getting so big!!! They are truly adorable babies.
OMG -- he and his sister are precious!! 🥰
Thanks y’all. :inlove:

Amazing!!! Babies do things soo early nowadays!
Not all babies. Tuvalad is seven months older than his cousins and he’s only been walking for a few weeks. :hilarious:

They are both adorable but sister looks just like her grandfather to me!
I also think they have a strong Woody resemblance!!
Little Rascals Awww GIF
The paternal gene pool is strong in our family.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, May 10

We had to say goodbye to our beautiful turret room this morning. The pain was lessened knowing that we had a fun day ahead at our favorite resort pool with favorite friends.

Our room was not ready when we arrived around 9:30 so we went straight to the pool. I set up four loungers and it wasn’t very long until our friends found us.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8246.jpeg

@lindawdw and her husband were also switching resorts this morning. Their room wasn’t ready either so we homeless people hung out relaxing by the pool and catching up on each other’s events during our vacation week.

I was hoping to see @sheriffwoody before she and her family checked out of WL this morning and meet @MissingDisney who was checking in, but neither happened. :(

Another disappointment was the removal of my go-to kid’s finger food meal from Geyser Point. This replacement was far inferior and I had to snitch some fries from Woody.

IMG_3245.jpeg

Then shortly after lunch….

IMG_3246.jpeg

IMG_3240.jpeg

Two pool attendants arrived to clear the pool for a “chemical imbalance.” It remained closed for an hour on this hot day, which was torturous!

Our room text finally arrived just after 3 pm. Our friends did not get their assignment until 4 pm.

In all honesty, this was a wonderful day despite the negative comments! :hilarious:

lindawdw

It was truly one of the best days of our trip because we got to enjoy your company and Boulder Ridge is our favorite pool!!! The pool closure wasn't too bad but if it had been closed all afternoon, I would not have been a happy camper. 🤣 🤣 I have to agree with you on the kid's meal downgrade! We did enjoy our turkey sandwich like the one that Woody had gotten! There is just something so special about hanging out for the day at the WL pool area. 😍

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

Our standard view room had a slight castle view but that’s not what made me happy.

IMG_3251.jpeg

This is what made me happy.

IMG_3253.jpeg

Woody and I spent our final evening in the MK. We had a delicious dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, although Woody was squished next to the fireplace. Em said this two top was better than one next to a support beam or facing the supply station! (Why do parties of two get the shaft in this restaurant?)

IMG_3252.jpeg

There was no way we could top last night with @Tony the Tigger so we made the Peoplemover our final attraction before returning to WL in time for fireworks.

Three more sleeps and I’ll be back at the Lodge with Em. No pool condo (though I did request that room for our July trip) but we’ll have some sort of a water view. Hoping to cross paths with @riverside and @TheMouseFan and any other forum friends who may be in the world.

Thanks for hanging with me again!

lindawdw

We had the same table which is actually our favorite table for two at LTT! You had such a great view for fireworks! We did end up spending all night in MK and enjoyed the fireworks from the entrance of Main Street. Once again, we loved seeing you both and hope we can make it happen again on a future trip!!!

MissingDisney

Friday, May 10

We had to say goodbye to our beautiful turret room this morning. The pain was lessened knowing that we had a fun day ahead at our favorite resort pool with favorite friends.

Our room was not ready when we arrived around 9:30 so we went straight to the pool. I set up four loungers and it wasn’t very long until our friends found us.

View attachment 789617

View attachment 789626

@lindawdw and her husband were also switching resorts this morning. Their room wasn’t ready either so we homeless people hung out relaxing by the pool and catching up on each other’s events during our vacation week.

I was hoping to see @sheriffwoody before she and her family checked out of WL this morning and meet @MissingDisney who was checking in, but neither happened. :(

Another disappointment was the removal of my go-to kid’s finger food meal from Geyser Point. This replacement was far inferior and I had to snitch some fries from Woody.

View attachment 789615

Then shortly after lunch….

View attachment 789616

View attachment 789618

Two pool attendants arrived to clear the pool for a “chemical imbalance.” It remained closed for an hour on this hot day, which was torturous!

Our room text finally arrived just after 3 pm. Our friends did not get their assignment until 4 pm.

In all honesty, this was a wonderful day despite the negative comments! :hilarious:
I was so disappointed when I realized I had missed you on 5/10. We did 4 parks that day AND Disney Springs for dinner. I don't know what I was thinking and my feet hated me for it! We are not rookies and I should have known better.

I was up early roaming WL on 5/11 enjoying a quiet breakfast and people watching while my family slept in hoping to catch a glimpse of you and Woody, but it was not to be. 😢 DH and I will be back in December so fingers crossed we may meet then!

We were also pixie dusted a beautiful surprise when we checked in with this glorious view. 😍 I was so thankful and enjoyed every moment possible.

PS-I am happy to report there were no bat sightings or swoopings. And believe me, I was on high alert! 😃
IMG_8277.jpeg
IMG_8552.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom