Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for sharing. Have a good time next week!
You too, my friend! Think of me when you ride RSR - that’s my absolute favorite!

great update!
Thanks! Still have my fingers crossed for one of yours…..soon?

Have a great trip with Em in a couple days! I wish we were headed back this summer, but Brad wants to go over Thanksgiving instead of June and since I'm a sucker for all the holiday decorations I agreed. :(
We’ll miss you! But I totally get the pull of the holiday decor - WDW is so festive that time of year!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had the same table which is actually our favorite table for two at LTT!
It will be interesting to see where Em and I end up on Sunday….

Have so much fun with Em and thanks for the continued journey!! Hug the fellow forum friends for us all
princess anna love GIF
:happy:

Enjoyed checking in and reading your updates.
Glad you did!

I will definitely be watching for you! We have a lunch reservation on Friday at Whispering Canyon, so may have to check out the pool area to see if you are there!
That is our default location :joyfull:.

Will you be around early to mid August?

It seems like you're getting down there monthly these days... :D
If by “mid” you mean high teens….

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was so disappointed when I realized I had missed you on 5/10. We did 4 parks that day AND Disney Springs for dinner. I don't know what I was thinking and my feet hated me for it! We are not rookies and I should have known better.

I was up early roaming WL on 5/11 enjoying a quiet breakfast and people watching while my family slept in hoping to catch a glimpse of you and Woody, but it was not to be. 😢 DH and I will be back in December so fingers crossed we may meet then!

We were also pixie dusted a beautiful surprise when we checked in with this glorious view. 😍 I was so thankful and enjoyed every moment possible.

PS-I am happy to report there were no bat sightings or swoopings. And believe me, I was on high alert! 😃View attachment 789882View attachment 789883
I’m exhausted just reading your post! 🤣

Woody and I were sneaking through the lobby (aka “the walk of shame” per @wdisney9000) before 7 am on 5/11. We waste no time heading home once vacation is over!

You know how I feel about that view. ❤️ So happy you were able to enjoy it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear we won't have to wait too long for our next installment of As the Tuvalu Turns
Hip-Hop Spinning GIF by Barbara Pozzi

One Life Tu Live.
I can't love this comment enough

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I enjoyed your TR and am looking forward to your next one with Em. May your next 3 sleeps go fast!
Tired Good Night GIF by Disney
Have a great trip with Em I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Safe travels! Have a super time!!

Skylar Astin Love GIF by The Roku Channel

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I’m exhausted just reading your post! 🤣

Woody and I were sneaking through the lobby (aka “the walk of shame” per @wdisney9000) before 7 am on 5/11. We waste no time heading home once vacation is over!

You know how I feel about that view. ❤️ So happy you were able to enjoy it!
Leaving super early is the only option I prefer as an adult.

I'm pretty sure it's due to all of our childhood trips when we would hit the parks in the morning and leave in the afternoon to drive home. The day was fun and miserable at the same time as I would just constantly think "we're leaving in 3 hours" A thousand times worse than the emotions of the last full day of a trip. An emotion I care not experience if can avoid it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
@wdisney9000 We are the exact opposite but we fly. We love taking the latest flight possible and having a full day the last day. 3 hours later we're snug in our beds with big smiles knowing we were just at Magic Kingdom or whatever. The next day, that's when the depression sets in for sure. 😥
If your flight leaves after the parks have closed then your technically doing it my way since your leaving between operating hours! Lol.

But I like your method vs leaving at 4 pm in my mom's station wagon for a 7 hour drive

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom