Shopping in the World

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All, :wave:

Is there any place to find the current specials offered in the World? For example, if you spend $50 or more, for $15 you can purchase??? In the past, like last November, we got a small luggage bag, and a blanket.

If there is no central list - anyone just return and know what they are?

Thanks!
:wave:

Kristamouse

Don't quote me on it but I think the same offer is still current, we just returned home on Monday. I remember seeing the blanket with Mickey and Minnie with the Castle in the background also remember a tote bag with wheels don't remember the min purchase though.

Upvote 0

MissM

As of the middle of May, they had a spend $30 and get a Mickey watch for around $10 and a spend $50 and get a woven throw blanket for around $15. Something like that. I might be off by a couple bucks, but that was the gist. Prior to that, several month back, I remember seeing a spend x and get a duffel bag for around $10. I think that was a $30 or $40 purchase requirement. That was in Downtown Disney and I don't know if it's still in effect.

In the past, they've offered different items in different parks, OR different throws in different parks. (I got a Mickey and Minnie curled up in a chair by a fire throw in Epcot whereas at MK it was of Cinderella Castle.) That was last year though and I believe they've started using the same bonus item(s) in all the parks.

They will advertise it heavily in the stores that are participating but remember, they DO want it all in ONE transaction. One very nice CM let me combine receipts before but that's against the posted policy. Your best bet is to hit a big, main store like Emporium, MouseGear or World of Disney to get your purchases all at once if you want to take advantage of the specials.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

We got back on May 25 and the offers then were

At DTD spend $30 get a tote bag (really nice, I got one) for $10 or spend $50 and get a throw for $15.

The resorts were the same, but the bag didn't look as nice as the one at DTD

At the parks I saw the Mickey watch instead of the tote bag and a different throw.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

I can second what they^^^ said. That deal was at World of Disney. I also got the tote bag. For $10 (with your purchase) it is a really good deal. I love it and use it often.

DSC01976.jpg

Upvote 0

WDWNooby

Had no idea such things would exist...definitely going to figure out a way SOMEHOW to get to Downtown Disney on my trip. Great info, thanks!

Upvote 0

C&B Young

Anybody know of any offers currently happening?? We got one of the wheeled bags last time we were down, I hope they've still got throws this time!

Upvote 0

marcriss

My dad just came back and he brought me one of the bags pictured above.

Last year at christmas they had a holiday shopping tote, heavy canvas with like a candy cane stripe handle and in the MK they had really nice fleece blankets of the castle with the icicle lights.

Upvote 0

MissM

Last month they were still doing the watches and totes with purchase. ($20 needed for the watch I think and $30 needed for the tote.) I think both items were $10 themselves. I wound up getting a tote because I bought a shirt that was $30 anyway. It's a nice, sturdy tote.

Upvote 0

C&B Young

Just in case anyone's curious, we just got back and some stores still had the spend $50 get a throw for $18 on. The throw has Mickey, Minnie, etc, all around a fireplace and it says Walt Disney World in the bottom right corner. Offer-wise, we got a throw, another rolling bag, and a tote bag! We showed a little restraint and passed on the watch though. :lol:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Anybody know of any offers currently happening?? We got one of the wheeled bags last time we were down, I hope they've still got throws this time!

They have had a throw of one kind of another for the last 3 or 4 years.

I have 3 or 4 of them around here. I have some doubles because I thought they changed each year, so I bought one and did not realize I had it already. The kids use them all the time.

-dave

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I've gotten both the tote and the throw on my last three trips. Two of the throws were woven, and one was fleece. The totes were basically the same (one with blue, one with black and one with red-and-green for Christmas). Can't wait for my next tote-and-throw :lol:

My mom did get a (gym) bag with the wheels and pull from DTD ... it was a life saver the last trip (bought too much stuff :eek: )

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Yay. A thread about my favorite shopping promotions. :lol: I have a Mickey and Minnie around a fireplace throw that I use on an almost daily basis. I got a Mickey through the years watch last spring. This past summer I got a drawstring backpack/tote that is promoting going green. In August I got the wheeled duffel bag that I use allll the time.

Whenever I come across one of these promos, I usually opt for it. I am generally going to spend the minimum amount of money anyways so I might as well toss in another 10-15 bucks and get something useful. :shrug:

Upvote 0

dizzney

My dad just came back and he brought me one of the bags pictured above.

Last year at christmas they had a holiday shopping tote, heavy canvas with like a candy cane stripe handle and in the MK they had really nice fleece blankets of the castle with the icicle lights.

I'm hoping for the special holiday items this year when we go, I usually get whatever the bonus is but would love holiday themed ones as a change

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

I love those "little extras". I love to take advantage of these promotions. I just pack it away for Christmas-time. I then always have my stash of nice Disney items that didn't cost me an arm and a leg!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom