Shocked at all the hate

Disneyhead'71

The original poster is pretty much spot on with things though. I know in internet lingo we call things we don't agree with "trolling" but some of us are adults. Disney World is the greatest vacation destination in the world and sometimes we don't realize this.
I find it hard to believe that an adult actually made that statement.

You don't get out much, do you?

Walt Disney World isn't even the greatest Disney vacation. Much less greatest vacation destination on the planet.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The original poster is pretty much spot on with things though. I know in internet lingo we call things we don't agree with "trolling" but some of us are adults. Disney World is the greatest vacation destination in the world and sometimes we don't realize this.

No, trolling in internet lingo is the deliberate posting of inflammatory or off topic comments to start arguments or upset other posters in an attempt to hijack normal discussion. I don't agree with comments of some posters on these threads, but unless their comments are a deliberate attempt to hijack the topic of discussion or start arguments, they aren't trolls.

I believe many of us do think Disney is the greatest vacation destination on the world - isn't that Disney's marketing line - and want it to maintain the quality of experience we grew to love. And many are long time visitors who are dismayed at the current direction of corporate....

Matt_Black

It's easy to be negative in a relatively anonymous and consequences-free environment.
11d.jpg
AVe201

Part of it is the very nature of the internet. It's easy to be negative in a relatively anonymous and consequences-free environment.

copycat.png

;)

MickeyMomV

I don't disagree with the OP but at the same point, as others have said, this is a great place for information, ideas, and thoughts by others who really do enjoy Disney (even though at times it does not seem like it). And no matter what question you have, sombody here will have a honest answer.

Some peoples glass will always be half empty and others will always be half full. Just look for the information that is useful to you and skim through the rest.

216bruce

I find it hard to believe that an adult actually made that statement.

You don't get out much, do you?

Walt Disney World isn't even the greatest Disney vacation. Much less greatest vacation destination on the planet.
Thanks for proving the point I made. You could just disagree, but you had to get personal. Eliminate the first two sentences and it's a valid opinion. With the first two sentences it's 1) negative in every way and 2) personal and mean.
Probably this kind of post (and I don't mean to single just you out), is what the OP was referring to as "negativity".

draybook

Maybe it's a Georgia/Alabama thing? I moved here in '91 and first heard it back then... Have you heard of the Redneck Riviera? Basically the gulf coasts of Alabama and Florida panhandle.

BTW, are you a Mississippi or State fan? I'm from Oregon and I'm predicting my Ducks will be the NCAAF Champs :D

Well, I'm from California so I root for USC, but I don't really have a favorite college team. But I'll root for anyone that's against Alabama.

Epcot-Rules

Maybe it's a Georgia/Alabama thing? I moved here in '91 and first heard it back then... Have you heard of the Redneck Riviera? Basically the gulf coasts of Alabama and Florida panhandle.

BTW, are you a Mississippi or State fan? I'm from Oregon and I'm predicting my Ducks will be the NCAAF Champs :D
Remind me what happened the last time the ducks played an SEC team?

BrianV

I think it may look like people hate disney when they appear to be nitpicking (e.g. Small world figure in Italy part no longer moving) and then move on to broadly state that Disney no longer has decent standards based on the observation, etc. etc. May be true, but not always supported by the examples.

However...People should write about what they want to write about. If there is hatred, people will ignore and move on.

Cesar R M

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.
bfd.jpg

Yeah, a newly created account that is rehashing the debates we've been going over for the last few weeks if not months......

bait_zpsa25c1cc5.jpg

ohRUQGA.gif

Launchpad McQuack

I don't agree with the idea of removal or censorship from the original post, but sometimes the negativity here does get old.

It seems like any time someone says something about liking a new thing at Disney (Frozen, Magic Bands, etc), they are accused of being a Disney apologist or "drinking the Kool-Aid," as opposed to just having a different viewpoint.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity
I wish someone at Disney would clean up the water bottles and trash I see on the descent of Spaceship Earth.

I wish someone at Disney cared enough about Imagination to give it the love it once had/deserves.

I wish Disney could build attractions in less than 5 years, because they used to build ENTIRE parks in less time.

I wish someone at Disney still valued educational aspects to be inlcuded into attractions.

I wish Disney would attempt to get a "bigger share of my wallet" by actually returning to the standards they once set, and not by forcing me to plan every minute of my vacation 90 days out.

And I really wish people like you had enough back bone to stick around after you spew your opinion of others. Would your two "princesses" be proud of you for doing so?

Last edited:

Chrischris10

I wish someone at Disney would clean up the water bottles and trash I see on the descent of Spaceship Earth.

I wish someone at Disney cared enough about Imagination to give it the love it once had/deserves.

I wish Disney could build attractions in less than 5 years, because they used to build ENTIRE parks in less time.

I wish someone at Disney still valued educational aspects to be inlcuded into attractions.

I wish Disney would attempt to get a "bigger share of my wallet" by actually returning to the standards they once set, and not by forcing me to plan every minute of my vacation 90 days out.

And I really wish people like you had enough back bone to stick around after you spew your opinion of others. Do you teach your two "princesses" to be spineless as well?
I dont know whether to laugh or to cry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom