Shocked at all the hate

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.

I too have been going to DL and then WDW my whole life. I praise, I criticize. More than any misstep Disney has or has not made I find it more troubling that you favor censorship and have a lack of respect for the 1st amendment coming right off veterans day. :(

GrammieBee

I do believe I'm older than any of you. In fact our children are probably older than most of you. After many years of working with at risk young people, I call it as I see it and definitely believe in being aware of both sides of a problem. As an old Indian saying goes; Dont judge anyone until you have walked a mille in their moccasins.

However, whether you agree with someone or not, you should not have the right to censor what they think, feel, or post.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The irony flows thick with that OP...

They complain about people having standards...
They complain about people having a different view of things...
Then they demand the opposing view of the world be scrubbed from existance...

I'd love to hear the OP's view on things like evolution being taught in schools... :)

I think I found a good avatar for the OP
blindermannequin.jpg

Gig 'Em Mickey

Haven't read the whole thread, but just chiming in. Intense passion leads to intense emotions. That's what you have here. People who are passionate about Disney and see its potential, and the changes over the years from what is used to be. There is still this alleged "magic" at Disney World but people here have seen it dwindle from what it used to be, for sure. They are passionate about Disney and passionate about preserving the guest experience both for themselves and for future generations.

I'm not a die hard. We go every 2 or 3 years and we still love it. We are probably typical Disney guests. I come here for info on trip planning. I think a lot of people here and multiple trip a year people and they simply don't like the changes that Disney is putting in, and have valid arguments as to why they don't like them. Even though they're against some of the changes I think a majority would still state that it's still their favorite place to vacation. So don't take the criticism the wrong way. The criticism the deliver, is intended to open up others to other possibilities.

R W B

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.
I've been asking that myself lately.

If you don't like it here, then why bother joining?
Posts like this are part of the problem.

Phonedave

Disney, themselves, can do a lot better job of controlling the message by getting back to what made them a great entertainment company to start with.

There you go, that is the perfect answer.

I don't hate Disney or WDW - clearly not, given by the amount of my money they get - but I do see a clear difference in product over the last 15 years or so that I have been attending WDW, that is why they get less and less of my money.

I call it like I see it. Some stuff I like, some stuff I don't like (and some stuff I don't give a flying fig about)

Honestly, I found the OPs post a tad bit unsettling. Her hope to sanitize all criticism is very 1984-ish. I think a lot of the United States population is becoming more and more accepting of this train of thought, and it scares me. But, that is a topic for another day (and place).

-dave

216bruce

I do see three types of posters here. There's the VAST majority who are pretty fair-minded about things at WDW and the company in general. Then there's the ones who absolutely hate everything that is new, different or in their minds, cheap. The third sees everything Disney does as being perfect- you could double admission price and cut attractions in half and they'd still support what the company does.
If you are "new" here a lot of your initial view of the boards will depend on what thread you read first, and your predisposition towards the company and WDW entering into the boards.
Like many here- I admire the passion for the place to get better- if we didn't feel that way we wouldn't be here. The one point that is totally accurate that's been made previously is that some folks get way too personal, bitchy and mean (protected by anonymity) a.k.a. trolls. If you remove that element from here (and you can't) things would be great. I've learned to just skip posts from folks that fall into the troll category. I feel truly sorry for them in their evidently miserable and negative-based lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom