Shocked at all the hate

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Really necessary?!?!?
Thats no attack against her children. I edited it anyway. She should think about it though. If this is how she acts in other situations in her life, her kids will notice it. She shouldnt sign up to be a new member then complain about the complainers, then vanish.

Nick Wilde

I wish someone at Disney would clean up the water bottles and trash I see on the descent of Spaceship Earth.

I wish someone at Disney cared enough about Imagination to give it the love it once had/deserves.

I wish Disney could build attractions in less than 5 years, because they used to build ENTIRE parks in less time.

I wish someone at Disney still valued educational aspects to be inlcuded into attractions.

I wish Disney would attempt to get a "bigger share of my wallet" by actually returning to the standards they once set, and not by forcing me to plan every minute of my vacation 90 days out.

And I really wish people like you had enough back bone to stick around after you spew your opinion of others. Would your two "princesses" be proud of you for doing so?

ArtificialArtist

I'm sorry, but your thread confuses me slightly. On one hand you say to take down the negative postings, which are all valid opinions, such as yours asking why people are being negative. On the other you complain about how your kids won't feel the magic anymore if you visit this forum...

You see, asking to take down negative opinions/postings would not only be bad cencorship, but also counterproductive, criticism is as important as praise. And would this end with postings? no, afterwards you'd say "hey, the internet is full of construction photos, behind-the-scenes footage, urban myths, youtube videos, and Imagineering blogs...

You wouldn't go to a spoiler website, if you didn't want to find out the ending of a movie you want to watch prematurely. Any forum will take away a bit of the "magic". This Forum, to my knowledge, is supposed to exist for dialogue and discussion.

With anything on the internet, there will always be complaints, what matters, though, is how many people complain about a certain problem or issue (or Frozen!) [i couldn't resist]
And if a lot of people on here are negative, it indicates Disney might do something not quite the magial fairy way they would have been able to if Peter hadn't smoked all the pixie dust. If you want to preserve the magic for your children, don't let them read Disney articles on the internet. Anyways, i don't get what this has to do with your children, they will enjoy the next Diney Trip no matter what. :)

BuzzKillington

People get passionate on here about all sorts of issues, and I LOVE that for the most part the mods allow free discussion.

I would agree with this statement. Unfortunately, there are a lot of members on here that consider me a "hater" because I am so passionate about abuse of the DAS and refuse to hold back my disdain for these parasites. If I were truly a "hater", I would take a baseball bat to the abusers kneecaps.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would agree with this statement. Unfortunately, there are a lot of members on here that consider me a "hater" because I am so passionate about abuse of the DAS and refuse to hold back my disdain for these parasites. If I were truly a "hater", I would take a baseball bat to the abusers kneecaps.
No, they consider you as such due to the overly excessive viewpoints you (and your prior incarnations) spew forth. Such as threatening to kneecap someone with a baseball bat. But you stay classy, Preston....

copcarguyp71

I wish someone at Disney would clean up the water bottles and trash I see on the descent of Spaceship Earth.

I wish someone at Disney cared enough about Imagination to give it the love it once had/deserves.

I wish Disney could build attractions in less than 5 years, because they used to build ENTIRE parks in less time.

I wish someone at Disney still valued educational aspects to be inlcuded into attractions.

I wish Disney would attempt to get a "bigger share of my wallet" by actually returning to the standards they once set, and not by forcing me to plan every minute of my vacation 90 days out.

And I really wish people like you had enough back bone to stick around after you spew your opinion of others. Would your two "princesses" be proud of you for doing so?

like_counter_10000.png

Victor Kelly

I came across website WDWMagic.com while looking up information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for December. After half a hour reading through discussions, I could not believe all the hatred and overall negative vibes coming from the people here. People upset because Frozen has too big a presence in the parks. People upset because the Disney World is not building a new major ride every year. People upset because certain resorts are undergoing rennovation or construction. This has not only apalled me as someone who has visited the World since the late 1970's, but as a parent of two princesses of my own ages 4 and 9 who still believe in the magic, finding happiness where others find reason to complain. My question is why? Why look at the glass half empty when there is so much magic and memories worth remembering, rather than focus on the bad? There are many who never get a chance to visit Disney World. Imagine how grateful they would be to take change places with those who go often and get upset so easily? I wish someone at Disney could hide this negativity so not to ruin the magic for those who truly appreciate it. We have our next trip coming in December 2014 early March of next year, and look forward to our visit as always. There are some of us who appreciate Disney World for what it is, not try to find every small detail worth complaining over. If someone could take down these postings who spout hatred over Disney World, which could give not only children the wrong idea of the place, but lifelong fans of yours like my husband and myself.
s

The short answer is there are many people who go to Disney waaaaaaaaay too much, I don't know what to call these people. There are purists who would prefer no change. Semi-purists that strike a balance between liking new and old. Newbies which can include those on their first few trips. Experienced tourists who know what, when, and how; these people have been enough times to remember the old day. There are more levels but I have oversimplified.

MerlinTheGoat

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read."
Kind of an interesting quote to use in this situation, considering the circumstances of the movie in relation to what has happened with Disney in the past 20 years. Similar to Disney World, Gusteau's Restaurant in Ratatouille once represented a top of its class establishment with the finest quality. Also similar to Disney World, it has stagnated and decayed in quality to a huge degree after losing its creative leader. Its brand name and mascot now shamefully exploited by an inept and greedy new leader (Skinner, comparable to Iger/Rasulo/etc) with complete disinterest and even contempt for the establishment he's inherited. He uses the brand/mascot to cash in on the sale of poor products aimed at people with lower standards of quality. It took a major change in both the leadership and the "creative" force to restore the quality the restaurant once had. This kind of shift in leadership and creative quality has yet to become a reality at Disney, at least fully (particularly the parks, animation is improving somewhat at least).

Anton Ego was also a critic who actively disliked the thing he was critiquing in the first place, he always harbored a personal grudge against Gusteau and his ideals, wanting to see him and his restaurant burn. He had no personal interest in the restaurant beyond wishing to see it and its owner knocked down while he spat on its remains (something he achieved by destroying the restaurant's reputation and even driving a good man to his grave who possessed both great skill and legitimate love for his craft). For him to retract this opinion and fundamentally change the way he thought from then on, it required something both of the absolute highest standard of quality imaginable, but also something that was personally significant to him (in this case nostalgia). It took a change in the restaurant to change him, he would not have undergone this shift had Skinner been running things and Remi/Lingini not been around.

The critics on this forum are nothing like Ego, I don't think any of us enjoy reading or writing negative things about Disney. Quite the opposite for me, but it is an unfortunate necessity in this era. We care about the company and its future. We criticize because we're massive fans. We want the company to have amazing success, but demand that it achieves it by adhering to the standards of quality it once held itself to. Anyone who is a fan of something would be irresponsible not to hold them to a certain standard, criticizing them when they don't meet that standard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom