SGE - WDWmagic members survey

DDuckFan130

I'd rate it between a B and C.

I loved the Stitch animatronic and the plasma cannons were amazing. The dialogue was pretty funny. Yes, I thought of AE when I was in there, but I got over it. AE was a must-see at first, but that gradually turned into a "if I have time, I'll see it." In the end, I'd only go in there to see Skippy. SGE will be a must-see for now, as I am a Stitch fan, and Skippy is in there (for jaywalking :lol: ). Who knows how it will pan out for me in the long run. But for now, I really enjoyed it and look forward to experiencing it again :D.

Coasterbp

I saw it today. H or I. I was really not impressed overall. If the only thing you have going for the attraction is the technical aspect, then we are working backwards at coming up with new attractions. STORY FIRST! Then come up with your technology to SUPPORT THE STORY.

You can't take chicken crap and make chicken salad.... 'nuff said.

Today was press event, by the way, and Stich had "TP'ed" the castle. Pretty funny looking. Better than the attraction, IMHO....

WDWKat26

I.

I didn't like it, not really original at all. THat's all I really have to say about that, I don't wanna rant off too much, most people know what i'm talking about already and have posted my same feelings :)

Brooke

I give it a C. Maybe it's because I love Stitch, but I thought it was pretty good.

(I'd give Alien Encounter a J. I didn't like it at all. I did it once or twice when I was little and one more time the last day it was open, just so I could say I did it the last day. The only thing I liked about it was Skippy and he's still there!)

Number_6

I will say about an E at best. Just because I really do like Stitch and thought that the animatronic was amazing. I also observe my kids when I've been to the parks before. They haven't seen it yet, but I can pretty much figure what they are going to think of it and that skews my score slightly since I'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective as well.

Stitchfan712

Original Poster
Ongoing survey results:

WDWmagic members' averaged overall opinion of SGE: (unweighted)

47.8% favorable
52.2% unfavorable

WDWmagic members' averaged overall satisfaction with SGE: (weighted according to point values attached to each letter)

51.3% satisfaction
48.7% unsatisfaction

Interesting....if we apply point values on a scale of 10-1, A-K excluding F, (A carrying the most positive satisfaction weight, K carrying the most negative weight) the higher point values of the weaker negatives improve the overall satisfaction score of the ride. Weighted numbers 118 score/230 =51.3% satisfaction.

Ongoing tally of votes logged:

A. 0
B. 1
C. 5
D. 3
E. 2
----positive threshold
F. 0
----negative threshold
G. 1
H. 5
I. 2
J. 1
K. 3

Thanks, continue to share your opinions!

ddank

H- silly and a total waste of animatronics. I think the new Crush show is much better and clever. And it prolly cost half of SGE did.

TinkerBell9988

I would say F, G, and a little bit of K...

I am very open-minded about new attractions, but there was something about this one that just didn't "have it," although I just can't quite figure out what "it" is... :confused:

Words of wisdom from the Tink :wave: :animwink:

1stStarIC2nite

Wow... can it really be that bad? I just think we need to give it time, and it will grown on everyone. I just think the initial reaction is that "It's not AE" and automatically it's a bad attraction. Anyways, if we're talking about bad endings, go next door to Universal and ride the Mummy. Great ride. Worst ending in a theme park attraction. Ever. :zipit:

tigger248

1stStarIC2nite said:
I just think we need to give it time, and it will grown on everyone. I just think the initial reaction is that "It's not AE" and automatically it's a bad attraction.

I just really wasn't too impressed. But, the above quote is exactly why I haven't written it off completely yet. I'm gonna definitely give it another try next trip, and I really hope that I like it better next time. For now, though, it just wasn't too appealing. I didn't like AE either, and I found this to be very similar to AE (which may have led to my disappointment because I had been hoping for something different).

Edit: Woo hoo! I just noticed that this was my 800th post!

celticdog

I'm giving it a great big B. I thought it was good clean fun and highly entertaining. It was whimsical and the effects are pretty good.

sellgirls

Mixed emotions...

I'd have to say E...We caught one of the final "surprise previews" on November 11th. My husband thought it was "stupid" (he's not a Disney fan, though. Ugh!!); my 9-year-old daughter thought it was "OK"; my 7-year-old (who is scared of everything) was frightened by the noise and darkness, but survived intact. She was too short to feel the alien "jumping" on her shoulders. I thought the animatronic was amazing. The rest kind of confusing to me, and over too quickly. Chili smell...no thanks!!! But, thanks to these boards, at least I knew to expect it!!!!! :animwink: I liked the pre-sho with the two "gentler" aliens. BTW, non of us saw AE. The last time we were there was 3 years ago and the kids were just too young. Also BTW--I love the stitch character and was determined to catch a preview. I might have liked the attraction better if I had no expectations going into it.

That's my newbie 2 cents! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom