SGE - WDWmagic members survey

the-reason14

Thanksgiving week was the week I finally got to experience it. Out of the entire week, I think I watched it at least over 8 times, but the first time I rode it I hated it and that it was stupid. But then I decided to ride it again, and the second time I rode it, I thought it was better than my first and more realistic. All in all, its a pretty good attraction. Never had the guts to experience AE, but after watching stitch, I really wish that I had. I heard a lot of different opinions about it after riding it with several different groups. One group I was in, the kids weren't scared at all and really enjoyed it, the second or third group I was in, some kids started crying, and they had to let him and his family out. But the opinions ranged from, "That was awesome." to "That was one of the stupidest things Ive ever seen." It even had some teenagers behind me in line for space mountain talking about it in a very positive way.

But I rank it at a B. :wave:

cm1988

Belgian Meat Skillet (with a side of wings)

Please add my vote to the 'H's.

It seemed like every effort was made to effectively recycle Alien Encounter show elements, but little effort spent on an original concept and script. Stitch is a great character with huge potential, and so deserves better.

No offense, Imagineers, but you shouldn't let the Budgeteers paint you into a corner.

It's like having a great chef come to your house and attempt to create something new from leftovers in your refrigerator. If all you've had is meatloaf, chicken wings, and brussel sprouts, well, that's what you're gonna get.

DonnieDarko

No offense, Imagineers, but you shouldn't let the Budgeteers paint you into a corner

Stitch had one of the largest budgets in many years so the Imagineers pretty much had free reign.

In the case of Stitch, the problem is that there is no story because there is not a full plot. There is a part of a plot, but it never comes to a conclusion

There is absolutely nothing that I can type here to refute this because Stitch is such a failure, it isn't a tightly connected prolouge to the film that explains Gantu's motivation in the films opening, and there is a "decidedly mixed reaction" that proves that no one likes it.

You said above you don't like people complaining about the lack of ending to "The Mummy", and that this was another example of being "ignorant", which implies that people who say the same thing about Stitch are "ignorant" as well. My point is - ignorant of what?

Ignorant of what is presented to them. If people wait for The Mummy for a good 20 minutes or more they get to see the entire preshow video which goes to great lengths to explain that the MedJai symbol is a gateway to escape Imhotep, not to kill him like some would suggest. The story that is set up by the video and the queue area itself is that of a film set that is cursed. At the end of the ride the symbol appears and you make your escape. Once you do, you are back to reality. You are in a room with props and lighting equipment with Brendan Fraser. Basically, it is the "it was all a dream ending". Then they tag that with a "...or was it!" by having Imhotep kill Brendan Fraser. It is hard for people to understand this because they are ignorant of everything that is presented to them before they stepped into the vehicle.

I was at MK last night and went through Stitch about 9 times. The line fluctuated between normal AE lines to a full queue. Maybe i'm just crazy, ignorant, or even a "master of crowd reactions" but with the exception of crying children and their parents, most folks seem to like the thing a lot. This one lady I was talking to hated it, but then she said she hated AE so it was understandable.

I'm going to stop my rabid defense of the attraction because it is a waste of time and the attraction isn't going anywhere! I love it to death and that's all that matters to me. Let's talk about real Disney horrors like the changing of the Monorail narration :shudders:

imagineer99

I don't understand why everyone feels the need to "impose" their viewpoint of this attraction on others.

If you like it that's great. If you didn't, just don't ride again. I have no problem with you stating how you feel. However, attempting to defend your perspective is just futile.

I personally liked the attraction. It seems I'm in the vast minority. As Donnie so expertly mentioned, this baby ain't going anywhere. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

The cat

K no question. If there was an L, - or a Z, that would be even better. IMHO SGE is a cynical marketing manipulation. Alien (the film), is very 'yesterday', Stitch is 'today' and needs a marketing boost. This is ok, but, - effort and imagination have not been accorded the change from Alien to Stitch. One small example, why is Skippy still in there? Makes no sense. Bring back Mission to Mars!

Everybody wants to be a cat

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
The cat said:
K no question. If there was an L, - or a Z, that would be even better. IMHO SGE is a cynical marketing manipulation. Alien (the film), is very 'yesterday', Stitch is 'today' and needs a marketing boost. This is ok, but, - effort and imagination have not been accorded the change from Alien to Stitch. One small example, why is Skippy still in there? Makes no sense. Bring back Mission to Mars!

Just a note -- The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter was completely original. It was not based on the Alien films starring Sigourney Weaver (though at one point in the development phase it was going to be based on those films).

(and by the way, this still gets a K-, maybe even an L, from me ;) :lol: )

dxwwf3

The cat said:
One small example, why is Skippy still in there? Makes no sense.

It was just a "wink" to the WDW faithful and AE fans. I thought it was a nice touch and it fit the story fine.

And as NemoRocks said, don't confuse the Alien movies with AE. Actually I've never even seen the Alien films :lol: . And to be honest I'm not even a Sci-Fi fan.

Lovecraft

The attraction sucked. I disliked it and I had great expectations for it.
Ah well, it was designed for the little ones -- though I didn't hear any of them exclaim how much they liked it as they were leaving.

Between J & K for me. My wife agrees on this as well.

G. Slight disappointment, attraction needs improvement, script lacking, but would ride again.

My rating would be different if I weren't such a big Stitch fan. Honestly, I'd like to scrap the whole attraction, give the AE fans their beloved attraction back and build Stitch a completely different proper ride in MGM where he belongs. But I'm not going to complain, since, hey it's Stitch and I do love the gift shop :D

Laura

G. Slight disappointment, attraction needs improvement, script lacking, but would ride again.

I wasn't angrilly disappointed or anything, but I felt like I had just been on a Universal Studios attraction. It wasn't up to Disney's standards. I also didn't really understand the script and had a hard time paying attention because I was bored. But I'll ride it again. I think its one of those that will grow on me over time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom