SGE Official Opening Today

xfkirsten

ROTFLMAO!!! I love the Castle pix, that cracks me up... I only wish I could have been the person to do it. Imagine telling THAT story..

"So what did you do at work today, honey?"
"Oh, I TPed Cinderella Castle." :lol:

cherrynegra

Yeah, me not crazy about covering the symbol for the park in TP. Kind of cheapens it all. But I can't say it's not amusing. Just not what I would expect.

barnum42

cherrynegra said:
Yeah, me not crazy about covering the symbol for the park in TP. Kind of cheapens it all. But I can't say it's not amusing. Just not what I would expect.
Maybe it's symbolic of the Board flushing the park down the toilet?

:lol:

General Grizz

cherrynegra said:
I have to agree with you. I feel bad saying it, because everyone finds it so hilarious, but I really find it disturbing. . .

That's just me.

mwc1996

I think some of you are way to sensetive (sp?). I very seriously doubt that more than maybe a handful of people are making the only trip of their life to the castle today and are bummed that the castle was wrapped. I'll be there in 3 days and I hope it's still up. This is not nearly as bad as the pink Birthday cake castle. Now that was BAD! :hurl:

DDuckFan130

I think the TP is funny :lol:.

And like I said before, I enjoyed the attraction. I was a fan of AE, and now I'm a fan of SGE. If you didn't like it, well ok can't do much about it. I don't like certain attractions that many of you love around here, but I'm not going to get worked up about it. To each his or her own :wave:.

Figment1986

You know that is right... at least it aint the Pepto-bismal Pink birthday cake..

(why that color that year.. i will never find out..)

Who here thinks disney will put some of the TP on ebay??

(and yes. it is A simbowl the parks are going down the toilet. but they will come back up one day... Just like DL is..)

SeiraB17

I think that is hilarious! I wish I could be there to get a picture of that myself. If you ask me that is more of a photo op. You can see the castle in all of its beauty most any day you want. It's a very imaginative way to celebrate stitch :p

ISTCrew20

So, did anybody see Raven. She was there today, and she kicked off the parade. She was in the Emporium signing autographs afterwards.

Lynx04

I think it is great when a company can have fun with an idea, or poke fun at themselves. I think the idea was great and it show that disney doesn't have to be up-tight and so serious.

The weirdest thing about the pic is that the TP neutralizes the buildings force perspective. With out the TP the castle looks larger because of the smaller windows and objects, but with the TP the castle looks smaller. Maybe it is just me.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Lynx04 said:
With out the TP the castle looks larger because of the smaller windows and objects, but with the TP the castle looks smaller. Maybe it is just me.

Nope, it's not just you. That's the first thing I noticed when I saw the pictures. The forced perspective also breaks down when you stand at the entrance of the castle breezeway and look straight up.

BwanaBob

More???????................................

Attachments

• castle cake 2.JPG
    castle cake 2.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 88

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom