Seven Dwarves Mine Train construction start date.

Lee

Adventurer
Not really. Its a coaster, and as such will need to be built "from the ground up" so to speak. Lots of dirt and steel will likely be visible when BatB and LM open.

Brian Noble

they would still not have built a bar-raising, revolutionary attraction or land in Orlando in nearly 20 years.
Unless you are DQ'ing Soarin' for being "a clone", it's hard to see how it doesn't qualify. It's still an incredibly strong draw---with people applauding at the end---six years after opening. Even with its faults (film degradation) it's a fantastic experience.

Edited to add: my sleeper pick for this list might be Turtle Talk with Crush.

Lee

Adventurer
Unless you are DQ'ing Soarin' for being "a clone", it's hard to see how it doesn't qualify. It's still an incredibly strong draw---with people applauding at the end---six years after opening. Even with its faults (film degradation) it's a fantastic experience.

Edited to add: my sleeper pick for this list might be Turtle Talk with Crush.

Yeah, Soarin is a great attraction....

But I have a hard time putting it in the league with Tower, Splash, Indy, Spidey or Forbidden Journey.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unless you are DQ'ing Soarin' for being "a clone", it's hard to see how it doesn't qualify.
As popular as it may be, Soarin' cannot be called bar raising. It`s too contrived, too full of basic errors and rose no bar on either cinematography or ride sysetm level.

Maybe it shows how easily pleased todays average guest is.

space42

As popular as it may be, Soarin' cannot be called bar raising. It`s too contrived, too full of basic errors and rose no bar on either cinematography or ride sysetm level.

Maybe it shows how easily pleased todays average guest is.

Glad I'm not the only one. I can't help but think back to Horizons - it had a VERY similar section where you were suspended and MOVED through TWO omni-max screens. That was only a small part of a 15 minute long mega E-Ticket.

It would be nice if Disney would build something that bar-raising in Florida again. :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'll preface this by saying it is very doom and gloomish...

Is there anyway that 7D gets put on hold? I can just see them putting a temporary play area there as they open up TLM and Beasts restaurant, and then 5 years later we are still waiting for the mine train. Am I just being overly pessimistic?

Condorman

Glad I'm not the only one. I can't help but think back to Horizons - it had a VERY similar section where you were suspended and MOVED through TWO omni-max screens. That was only a small part of a 15 minute long mega E-Ticket.

It would be nice if Disney would build something that bar-raising in Florida again. :)

Tell me about it.

If Soarin' is so lame in its size, scope and innovation, then Forbidden Journey is its joyless, uninspired, best-we-could-do-with-second-rate-talent copycat. Kind of like the Ripoff Ride Rockit is a clone of Rock 'n Rollercoaster. Or the Front of Line Pass came from FastPass, etc. Wouldn't it be great if Universal did anything original rather than stealing ideas from Disney, or worse, scraping the bottom of the entertainment rights and licenses barrel for Dudley Do-Right and Popeye? Yikes!

I'm glad we all agree Disney is the best. :)

ob1thx1138

Im sorry but I just don't see how you classify Horizons as a "mega E-Ticket" I know I only rode it 3 or 4 times btween the ages of 10-15 but it really blended together with world of motion and space ship earth. Even watching the videos on Youtube resently I would almost classify it as a mix between COP and SSE. My favorite part was at the end where it felt like you were moving really fast down a road on a motor cycle. Wait a minute that was a different ride....

Given the choice I would much rather ride Test Track, Mission Space, or Soarin'. I mean Soarin' actually made my wife shed tears. I doubt many people can say the same for an omnimover with AA's.

CoasterKing

M:S is close. It certainly provides a unique experience.
But, keep in mind, in many ways its just the preshow for what was meant to be a much larger, more immersive pavillion.

Hey Lee, can you expand more on the Mission Space pavillion?? So the ride that is there now was only a small part?? Sounds like this could have been really cool. If you can not spill any details, I understand.

Thanks, CoasterKing:king:

ctxak98

I always thought Disney was the best out there.....like they have so many rides ans experiences that can make you have so many different emotions. Whether they make you cry, laugh or scream, they are all unique and enjoyable to experience. You take something new away with you everytime you go to disney. Rides like soarin, tower of terror, dinosaur, everest, spaceship earth, test track, philharmagic, rockn rollercoaster and many others are just amazing and really are all different. The point im trying to make is theme and story telling is what disney does best and that is what universal lacks. Sure Universal made a whole section based on Harry Potter....theres a whole story and movie saga that they get their ideas from its really not that complicated compared to what disney had to do to build Expedition Everest. I cant wait for the mine ride and i bet many of us are.... hope it lives up to disney standards.

Lee

Adventurer
If Soarin' is so lame in its size, scope and innovation, then Forbidden Journey is its joyless, uninspired, best-we-could-do-with-second-rate-talent copycat.

?:eek:
You lost me right there. It's one thing to love Disney, but to put on blinders and not be able to recognize excellence, even when it comes from the competition, is doing yourself a disservice.

I'm glad we all agree Disney is the best.
Yes, they are the best. Especially when they are trying to do their best.
Lately...that hasn't been often enough.

I cant wait for the mine ride and i bet many of us are.... hope it lives up to disney standards.
Which standards are those? The ones that allow them to run attraction is a less than show-ready state?:lol:
It will be a nice ride. Not earth moving, but definately a plus to the MK and to an expansion, that without it, would be sorely underwhelming.

mrpygmypuff

Why are they taking there sweet time with the 7DMC. FLE should open all at once. TDO makes alot of bone head moves sometimes. Just finish the damn thing! Don't make us wait 2-3 years for an expansion that should have been done a decade ago.

Thank You!!!! Little Mermaid came out in 89 and beast in 91, talk about taking your time!!!

tirian

Tell me about it.

If Soarin' is so lame in its size, scope and innovation, then Forbidden Journey is its joyless, uninspired, best-we-could-do-with-second-rate-talent copycat. Kind of like the Ripoff Ride Rockit is a clone of Rock 'n Rollercoaster. Or the Front of Line Pass came from FastPass, etc. Wouldn't it be great if Universal did anything original rather than stealing ideas from Disney, or worse, scraping the bottom of the entertainment rights and licenses barrel for Dudley Do-Right and Popeye? Yikes!

I'm glad we all agree Disney is the best. :)

Potter is the most impressive ride system in Orlando right now. I personally hate the book series (they're essentially contrived from better written material) and have no emotional attachment to the characters. The ride's "experience" is little more than a series of "Watch Out!" moments, much like everything else in Universal. But it's still the most advanced ride system in Orlando.

tirian

Hope your wrong about that.

It will simply be an enjoyable coaster through some well developed show scenes. The sooner the online community accepts that fact, the less disappointed they'll be; and they can simply enjoy the ride for what it is.

Not everything has to be an E-ticket. :wave:

Scuttle

Original Poster
It will simply be an enjoyable coaster through some well developed show scenes. The sooner the online community accepts that fact, the less disappointed they'll be; and they can simply enjoy the ride for what it is.

If these well developed show scenes are like some of the show scenes in HM or POC then this thing will be a e-ticket. I've got a feeling these show scenes are going to be what make this ride, obviously it's not going to have a huge thrill factor and that's fine, as long as these show scenes indoor/outdoor are spectacular. I'm really starting to think this ride is going to great. I just wish we had details on the budget for it so we can get an idea of size and scope of this thing.

raiden

I don't think anyone is expecting this to be an e ticket.

It's a coaster. Coasters do not take this long to build unless it's on the scale disco yeti or rnrc. This it will not be(obviously)

Im hoping for this coaster to be a 20-30million dollar coaster. Just for a reference Mystery Mine at dollywood was a 15-20 million dollar coaster.

ob1thx1138

just for a reference Mystery Mine at dollywood was a 15-20 million dollar coaster.

yet they could not afford to put at least one seat on the thing which would accomodate a pooh sized individual such as myself... :( lol
The kids loved it though said it was unlike anything they have ever ridden

MAF

I love the people who blindly bash Universal because they are so obsessed with Disney. :lol: Pathetic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom