Seven Dwarves Mine Train construction start date.

NoChesterHester

As a fan boy I can't accept that. Every ride needs to be revolutionary. That's the only reason to make new attractions. Every time a new ride opens up, every other attraction in existence should be made obsolete by comparison.

Products that are simply "high quality" but not revolutionary have no place in a Disney park.

Excellent point. I don't completely agree, but excellent point.

I believe what makes the Disney Parks so rich is the abundance of smaller attractions that make up each area. The multiple attractions is what adds the richness. All "E" tickets makes it Universal... they try to push the envelope on every single ride and I commend them for it. The issue they have is the incomplete theming, no surrounding character or secondary theming... just the experience of the one attraction. (WWHOP excluded)

While I strongly agree we need to see Disney push the envelope and add some revolutionary attractions, I really believe that we also need more C and D tickets to flesh out the parks such as Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

So no... every attraction shouldn't be an "E" ticket mind blowing attraction. We need quality and quantity at some of the parks and if every single new attraction has to be a mind blowing extravaganza it will be beyond my lifetime that the parks will be fleshed out. It takes years to develop a true E ticket experience and honestly I don't think it is a healthy development cycle for us fans. We wait years right now between real additions because the expectation level is so high.

I really wish they could get on a yearly roll out of a smaller attraction with every 3-4 years a big budget E ticket. Within a decade the parks would look very different.

hrcollectibles

i personally don't like the hp movies at all.. but you have to go see it.. amazing
I have never seen one second of any Harry Potter film. But I do enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Friends of mine who have seen the films say the themeing makes them feel the are in the films.

hrcollectibles

So you're saying you can't enjoy the Universal theme parks if you work for Disney? :hammer:

Like BigthunderMatt I too work for the Mouse and enjoy the Universal Parks. I even have an Annual Pass...It is possible to enjoy both Universal and Disney. I always get a kick out of it when I see people who are fans of the Mouse bash Universal.

redshoesrock

Like BigthunderMatt I too work for the Mouse and enjoy the Universal Parks. I even have an Annual Pass...It is possible to enjoy both Universal and Disney. I always get a kick out of it when I see people who are fans of the Mouse bash Universal.

When I worked for Disney I had friends who worked for Universal, and we would "help each other out" (i.e. - you get my friends into Disney, I get your friends into Universal).

AND, this may blow your mind, I have friends who work for BOTH! One day they're at Disney, the next Universal.

AEfx

So no... every attraction shouldn't be an "E" ticket mind blowing attraction.

Not every one, but it sure would be nice to get one, once in awhile.

Disney hasn't done anything revolutionary with an attraction since before the turn of the century. I don't care about "high tech" stuff, but impressive stuff. And while lots of "neat" things have happened, Disney just doesn't seem to care to "WOW" any more. They hype up these marketing campaigns, and do the bare minimum to get an attraction going. When they do spend big (Everest) it's an utter failure. Merchandise and greets, merchandise and greets...

I'm SO HAPPY about Snow White and Mermaid getting new attractions. To be honest, if you had said to me a year ago, "What two films do you want to see attractions based on?" it would have been those two. Completely, without question. And I'm also happy about the scope of the rides.

But...Disney hasn't done some smack-em-down WOW attraction in so long, it seems like they just don't care to anymore.

RSoxNo1

The Ride System was a significant step forward. It combined elements pretty effectively, but like every other attraction on the planet it does have its faults. Like Potter, my biggest beef is the film clarity.

The combination of everything in that ride is done better than anything else to date. Those that are unwilling to accept that a delusional.

As a fan boy I can't accept that. Every ride needs to be revolutionary. That's the only reason to make new attractions. Every time a new ride opens up, every other attraction in existence should be made obsolete by comparison.

Products that are simply "high quality" but not revolutionary have no place in a Disney park.

That was my point; I may have expressed it incorrectly. What I meant was that even though I don't care for Potter and have no emotional attachment, I won't deny the ride is exceptional.

Yes, but we weren't talking about how things should be; we were stating what things actually are. Every park at WDW needs one more E-ticket, and DHS and DAK need a few C and D attractions to fill their attraction rosters.

Theoretically, the attraction lineup at the MK would have been Mermaid (D+ or E-), Dwarfs (D), and Tron (E). But it seems Tron hit the end of its line.

Excellent point. I don't completely agree, but excellent point.

I believe what makes the Disney Parks so rich is the abundance of smaller attractions that make up each area. The multiple attractions is what adds the richness. All "E" tickets makes it Universal... they try to push the envelope on every single ride and I commend them for it. The issue they have is the incomplete theming, no surrounding character or secondary theming... just the experience of the one attraction. (WWHOP excluded)

While I strongly agree we need to see Disney push the envelope and add some revolutionary attractions, I really believe that we also need more C and D tickets to flesh out the parks such as Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

So no... every attraction shouldn't be an "E" ticket mind blowing attraction. We need quality and quantity at some of the parks and if every single new attraction has to be a mind blowing extravaganza it will be beyond my lifetime that the parks will be fleshed out. It takes years to develop a true E ticket experience and honestly I don't think it is a healthy development cycle for us fans. We wait years right now between real additions because the expectation level is so high.

I really wish they could get on a yearly roll out of a smaller attraction with every 3-4 years a big budget E ticket. Within a decade the parks would look very different.

So um... I was being sarcastic. As for what the parks need:

Magic Kingdom: E-Ticket in Adventureland or Tomorrowland
Epcot: E-Ticket in World Showcase, Family D/E-Ticket replacement for JIYIWF
DHS: Multiple C and D tickets
AK: Multiple C and D tickets

mp2bill

I'm not able to get to WDW as much as a lot of people here, so as long as they finish by 2013, it'll all be quickly enough for me!

cheezbat

I think we all agree that all the parks need at least one more E-ticket, and both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom need two or three C and D ticket rides.

I really hope the plans are being prepped for some expansion at those two parks very soon.

RSoxNo1

I think we all agree that all the parks need at least one more E-ticket, and both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom need two or three C and D ticket rides.

I really hope the plans are being prepped for some expansion at those two parks very soon.

I think you can look at this statement as a sign that there is no need for a 5th park. I know that it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but there's easily 10-15 years of development needed for each park before they're at a level that would potentially necessitate a 5th gate.

If the Magic Kingdom expansion results in record attendance numbers Resort Wide then I can see the Tron Coaster plans dusted off again (or another major attraction in Tomorrowland/Adventureland). However, it seems to me that the result of this will be a bit more cannibalism of the other parks. I expect Epcot and AK to take the attendance hit from the New Fantasyland. This is why I think that the ambitious plans for the Studios may wind up being shelved out of necessity for Epcot and AK.

Scuttle

Original Poster
I think you can look at this statement as a sign that there is no need for a 5th park. I know that it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but there's easily 10-15 years of development needed for each park before they're at a level that would potentially necessitate a 5th gate.

If the Magic Kingdom expansion results in record attendance numbers Resort Wide then I can see the Tron Coaster plans dusted off again (or another major attraction in Tomorrowland/Adventureland). However, it seems to me that the result of this will be a bit more cannibalism of the other parks. I expect Epcot and AK to take the attendance hit from the New Fantasyland. This is why I think that the ambitious plans for the Studios may wind up being shelved out of necessity for Epcot and AK.

Agree, they are so far off from a 5th gate it's not even funny. I would say atleast 15 years. The resort capacity is going to slowly increase, but at a rate where they will just add capacity to existing parks. There are still slow times at the resort, they are getting rare, but contrary to what I have read do still do exist. August 26-29 for our Contemporary trip we never waited over 15 minutes for a ride! Longest wait we saw all trip was TSM at 45. Also when we went to Epcot one night early Feb. for dinner Soarin was 5 minutes. We didn't bring our camera or I would have the picture I was kind of blown away. Anyway I got off topic, but no way a 5th gate is added soon. Remember adding a 5th gate is building rides on new land which cost a lot more money than refurbs and building within existing structures. I expect every park to get a new big D or E before a 5th gate.

gmajew

Premium Member
Everyone needs to sit back and think about this for a second. Potter should be the most advanced and coolest ride system out right now since as of today it is the newest attraction to open!

It is the same with the IPad vs Ipad 2. The Ipad is world class and was the coolest thing on the street, then the IPad 2 hit the market and it is just a little better.

Disney will like they do create a mystical experience that will grow from anything they have ever done in the past and be the new bar! They always have and as a Disney fan you have to beleive they will will surpass the lastest newest thing in the market.

Now will Little Mermaid be as slick of a ride as Potter... Depends on what you like but they are not even comparable rides. One is more of a thrill while the other is family geared!

I am sure the FL expansion will be up to or far superior in theming... and the rides they put in will be best in class for the market they are trying to please!

Disney FL does not equal thrills! Its mission was to provide a new out of this world themed land, that provides a family experience for all ages to enjoy!

castevens

Everyone needs to sit back and think about this for a second. Potter should be the most advanced and coolest ride system out right now since as of today it is the newest attraction to open!

It is the same with the IPad vs Ipad 2. The Ipad is world class and was the coolest thing on the street, then the IPad 2 hit the market and it is just a little better.

There is no question that HP is an awesome world. Everyone coming on here saying that they have no interest in seeing it is really missing out.

However, like you said - there is/will be no comparison. The iPhone 5 will be better than the iPhone 4, yes. They are made by the same company. But when you compare the iPhone 5 to the HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE, you start comparing apples to oranges. (obviously we don't know the specifications of the iPhone 5 yet, but just go with it) Because they are so different, some people prefer one OS to another, etc etc.

They were made for different purposes, different audiences, different reasons. They will both be entertaining, but I do not believe that LM was meant to (or will for that matter) "one-up" HP.

gmajew

Premium Member
There is no question that HP is an awesome

They were made for different purposes, different audiences, different reasons. They will both be entertaining, but I do not believe that LM was meant to (or will for that matter) "one-up" HP.

I agree and that is the point! People need to stop comparing Potter to FLE! They were created to accomplish different things on the ride level, but as far as theming goes Disney will as the pictures of beast castle show will step up the game again just like Potter stepped up Universal game!

castevens

I agree and that is the point! People need to stop comparing Potter to FLE! They were created to accomplish different things on the ride level, but as far as theming goes Disney will as the pictures of beast castle show will step up the game again just like Potter stepped up Universal game!

Yeah, I really hope that the forced perspective works well with Beast's castle. If they don't keep birds and (full sized) trees away from it, I think it can turn out magically amazing. I can't wait for the rock formations to take form so we can really get a sense of the context :)

gmajew

Premium Member
Yeah, I really hope that the forced perspective works well with Beast's castle. If they don't keep birds and (full sized) trees away from it, I think it can turn out magically amazing. I can't wait for the rock formations to take form so we can really get a sense of the context :)

Yeah birds may be an issue for the perspective stuff

Scuttle

Original Poster
Yeah birds may be an issue for the perspective stuff

It shouldn't be an issue. Birds are never on the eifel tower in the france pavilion. Forgot what they did that caused them to land elsewhere. Maybe just the little sticks like the ones in frontierland by rivers of america.

RSoxNo1

It shouldn't be an issue. Birds are never on the eifel tower in the france pavilion. Forgot what they did that caused them to land elsewhere. Maybe just the little sticks like the ones in frontierland by rivers of america.

I believe they play audio of certain native birds in distress. This causes the birds to stay away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom