Seven Dwarf's Mine Train Virtual Ride

JimboJones123

Harry Potter is not an IP that will last. Without new content coming out it will slowly decline in popularity.
Universal has done an amazing job with everything, but I just don't see it lasting.
However, I still think it is a better IP than Avatar which seems questionable even with the new movies coming out. Star Wars, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
Again, if Gen 1 SW fans were not pushing Gen 2 SW fans, the popularity would not be there. Gen 2 HP fans are coming WITHOUT a missing generation between. HP is MUCH more popular today than SW in 1989, or 12 years after the first film release.

Magenta Panther

How do I know the video doesn't give us an idea of what the ride will feel like???

Put it this way: How do you know it doesn't? It shows cars going up some hills and down some hills and a loop here and there. Then a very brief glimpse inside the mountain, with barely animated dwarfs. That's all it shows - and how do you know that's not all we're gonna get?

lazyboy97o

Disney has already begun the process of hyping this attraction as more than it is. Like with the rest of New Fantasyland, claiming more than you are doing creates a flat impression at best.

A franchise, that will die out years later. 20 years down the road there is a big chance that Harry Potter will get the Jaws treatment. Unless the franchise has had at least 15 years staying power, it's not a good idea to build upon a franchise.
2013 - 1997 = 16

WDWDad13

Put it this way: How do you know it doesn't? It shows cars going up some hills and down some hills and a loop here and there. Then a very brief glimpse inside the mountain, with barely animated dwarfs. That's all it shows - and how do you know that's not all we're gonna get?

:banghead: Wow

So if we were to watch an animated video of tower of terror or rockin roller coaster we would all know exactly what it "feels" like :confused:

Am I missing something? The carts are supposed to rock and sway as well but I'm sure the video is all we need. Why even build a track

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure how we got into another Uni vs WDW debate or Potter vs SW, but here's my 2 cents. The haunted mansion was a terrible movie, but it's still a great ride. Half the people riding Splash Mountain don't even know that it's themed after Song of the South. A great ride and/or land has to stand on its own. Whether Harry Potter is more popular than Star Wars is pretty much irrelevant. The Wizarding world of Harry Potter is an amazing, well themed area in a theme park. If Star Wars land is equally well done it will be wildly popular too and will stand the test of time. If the rides and or attractions are just average or not memorable it won't be successful long term.

Big C 73

Not sure how we got into another Uni vs WDW debate or Potter vs SW, but here's my 2 cents. The haunted mansion was a terrible movie, but it's still a great ride. Half the people riding Splash Mountain don't even know that it's themed after Song of the South. A great ride and/or land has to stand on its own. Whether Harry Potter is more popular than Star Wars is pretty much irrelevant. The Wizarding world of Harry Potter is an amazing, well themed area in a theme park. If Star Wars land is equally well done it will be wildly popular too and will stand the test of time. If the rides and or attractions are just average or not memorable it won't be successful long term.

I'm guilty of the Potter vs Star Wars debate, and I did not even intend to get into it. What I do get tired of though is people complaining about Disney all the time. This is a Disney based site. Constructive criticism is good, but when it's on and on and on its irritating. If you don't like Disney don't go, burn all your Disney movies, start a protest I don't care. I just don't want to hear you b**** about it over and over and over and over and over again. We're here to discuss, not complain. Thank you. ;)

billDozer

I'm not watching. We so rarely get anything new that I want my first ride to be a truly NEW experience!! :)

I am curious, though...does it seem like a total kiddie coaster or does it seem like a good ride for older kids and adults? From the way it looks now, I can't tell what the heck is going on.
the track looks like a tamer big thunder but the swinging cars probably make it feel more intense

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I assumed this was just a limitation of this particular representation, but if not then it is a major failure on Disney's part.

I agree with this. People seem so desperate to see this ride fail they will read into almost anything that could appear negative. There's enough issues and failures at WDW that are well documented to grab on to. No need to create new ones.

lazyboy97o

I agree with this. People seem so desperate to see this ride fail they will read into almost anything that could appear negative. There's enough issues and failures at WDW that are well documented to grab on to. No need to create new ones.
Given where the new video was presented, in an exhibit showcasing Walt Disney Imagineering's virtual ride through technology, it is perfectly reasonable expect that the vehicle movement would be simulated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Given where the new video was presented, in an exhibit showcasing Walt Disney Imagineering's virtual ride through technology, it is perfectly reasonable expect that the vehicle movement would be simulated.

This is true, but the fact that it wasn't simulated doesn't mean the vehicles definitely won't move either.

Scuttle

I'm pretty sure Disney isn't and never was or will be in a "coaster war" with Uni. Why would they need to? lol

If we want to get technical some of the best coasters don't even exist in Orlando period
Actually there was a coaster war/thrill ride war going on in the late 90's RnRoller Coaster was a reaction to ioa no doubt.

alissafalco

the track looks like a tamer big thunder but the swinging cars probably make it feel more intense

That's exactly what I thought. It looks like a tame thunder mountain, and the cars were not swinging at all in this video. I hope that's not the case, because the swinging cars is what makes this ride unique. I hope the dark part of the ride will be much longer than what they showed also. I'm holding out hope that they didn't want to reveal too much so they gave us a lame video. I hope :confused:

Last edited:

WDWDad13

Actually there was a coaster war/thrill ride war going on in the late 90's RnRoller Coaster was a reaction to ioa no doubt.

Maybe a response to Uni (like DHS was altogether) but not a war...Uni has the biggest thrill coasters compared to Disney. Disney's are more about theme and show then throw up your lunch lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom