Seven Dwarf's Mine Train Virtual Ride

WDWDad13

So, they aren't doing everything better. Yet.

LOL! I can't help but laugh at this. It is amazing at some of the thinking on these boards about Uni going to be taking over Disney, doing everything better, etc etc - last i checked even if they want to try.....they are going to need some real "magic" because they have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go and the little Harry boy will only give them so much in the long run

WDWDad13

I've learned you just can't make everyone happy no matter what. Until I see the actual on ride video, and experience myself next year I can't say that much against the attraction. The virtual video is just a simple not all that detailed ride through that does not even come close to what it will actually look like.

Or feel like

luv

If Disney ever passes Uni...or even catches up...I'll be the first one to say so. And I'll be pleased as punch to do it!!!

I love all the parks and have no loyalty to one group or the other.

Big C 73

the little Harry boy will only give them so much in the long run

A franchise, that will die out years later. 20 years down the road there is a big chance that Harry Potter will get the Jaws treatment. Unless the franchise has had at least 15 years staying power, it's not a good idea to build upon a franchise. That's why I'm a little bit concerned about Avatarland, but I'm leaving it in Disney's hands. I'm just a person who thinks its best to create a land or attraction from scratch. Then there are chances franchises will come from that. (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Goofyernmost

Watching that "virtual" my first thought was BTMR. Not much different except the story line. I think it should be fun for families. Always remember when comparing Universal Coasters to Disney Coasters, Uni doesn't have the reputation for family friendly rides like Disney. Disney has to balance out fun/thrill with wide range ride-ability.

It looks to me like a typical Disney tone down the adrenaline ride. Please let Disney remain Disney and not think that they need to compete with either Six Flags or Universal to satisfy the thrill junky. That's what those other parks are for...Disney does and should have a completely different statement of purpose.

Last edited:

Spikerdink

After looking at that video, I am very hopeful that there is WAY more to the ride than what they showed or else this is going to be one gigantic disappointment for me.

Big C 73

If Disney ever passes Uni...or even catches up...I'll be the first one to say so. And I'll be pleased as punch to do it!!!

I love all the parks and have no loyalty to one group or the other.

Each destination has its own unique feel and vibe. That's what makes each one so different and special. It's just that Disney has the special vibe a little more.

WDWDad13

A franchise, that will die out years later. 20 years down the road there is a big chance that Harry Potter will get the Jaws treatment. Unless the franchise has had at least 15 years staying power, it's not a good idea to build upon a franchise. That's why I'm a little bit concerned about Avatarland, but I'm leaving it in Disney's hands. I'm just a person who thinks its best to create a land or attraction from scratch. Then there are chances franchises will come from that. (Pirates of the Caribbean)

I completely agree with that. I have my doubts in avatarland as well.

JimboJones123

Gen 2 HP will equal or be greater than the Gen 2 SW crowd. This arguement that HP is going away is about as stupid a vision can be. HP still has not had the underground supergeeks keeping it alive yet. If not for us,you know those that not only read Heir to the Empire first print, but checked bookstores weekly waiting for all things StarWars to come out. HP still remains mainstream. It has not met a lull yet, and may not for a long while. Where Star Tours was throw away for much of the 90s until the prequels and Star Wars Weekends started a fandom that simply did not exist for about 15 years.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This SDMT is going to have to be the World's Greatest Kiddie Coaster, considering how long it is taking them to build it.

It probably will be. If you consider a coaster with a very low height limit to be a kiddie coaster it has the potential to be in the ballpark with BTMRR. Universal does a few things better than Disney, but WDW has the market cornered on rides for the whole family. This looks to be another example. Some of the insiders are saying that Universal will be focusing on building more family friendly rides for families with little kids, but for now that is a demographic that they have largely ignored. I can't wait until my kids get big enough to actually enjoy the Universal parks. It will be brand new for them and at the rate they are expanding there will be a lot thats brand new for me too.

Big C 73

Star Wars has had a fan base for 40+ years now and still attracts new generations of children and adults alike. I'm I a Star Wars fan? No, but I would still like to visit a land built around it. Would I like to see something more original? Yes, like I said no franchise for me. Harry Potter is not all over the place when you walk into a store or somewhere else. Harry Potter wands aren't plastered in the kids section. Franchises are not good no matter what, but pick one that has a fan base beyond the fans. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and this is mine.

CohibaMan

As a coaster, this looks incredibly lame. Just like a lot of rides at WDW, we'll have to hope that the overall presentation, queue, etc save this thing.

Unplugged

There are a lot good statements on this thread, and a few ignorant ones. This is targeted as a family ride and was stated as such during it's unveiling. It is living up to the Disney fully themed family attraction in mild thrills. Bashing this because it's not a big coaster like Uni or SW, seems pretty dumb to me as this was never supposed to be that. It's in Fantasyland folks, fun for the whole family. If you're bashing Disney for not being the adrenaline junky ride fest, you miss the point and should jump to a Uni fanboy site. It's cool if that' swhat you like, I enjoy the big coasters too, but that's not why I take the family to Disney. We can have fun together, as was the original intent of the park.

As for how any one know it will "feel" more exciting then the video.....your sitting or standing there watching the video clip. If you find the natural force of gravity holding you to the planet to be part of the intended experience, then rethink it. The actual ride will include some sort of forces in X, Y, and Z. I'm sure it will be more fun then a typical Fantasyland attraction, well themed, and lot's of fun for the whole family. Unless of course you think this is supposed to compare to a 150 foot drop with loops, then no one can help you as that is NOT what this is targeting.

Can't anyone just enjoy this for what it is? A well themed family attraction to add alittle fun to the day of the typical family guests? Jeez.

JimboJones123

Star Wars has had a fan base for 40+ years now and still attracts new generations of children and adults alike. I'm I a Star Wars fan? No, but I would still like to visit a land built around it. Would I like to see something more original? Yes, like I said no franchise for me. Harry Potter is not all over the place when you walk into a store or somewhere else. Harry Potter wands aren't plastered in the kids section. Franchises are not good no matter what, but pick one that has a fan base beyond the fans. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and this is mine.
Nope, not toys.

HP still sells INSANE numbers of books. Books that stay with people much longer than toys.

In fact... The very first Universal Studios HP Weekend is coming up. That is a HUGE thing.

JimboJones123

There are a lot good statements on this thread, and a few ignorant ones. This is targeted as a family ride and was stated as such during it's unveiling. It is living up to the Disney fully themed family attraction in mild thrills. Bashing this because it's not a big coaster like Uni or SW, seems pretty dumb to me as this was never supposed to be that. It's in Fantasyland folks, fun for the whole family. If you're bashing Disney for not being the adrenaline junky ride fest, you miss the point and should jump to a Uni fanboy site. It's cool if that' swhat you like, I enjoy the big coasters too, but that's not why I take the family to Disney. We can have fun together, as was the original intent of the park.

As for how any one know it will "feel" more exciting then the video.....your sitting or standing there watching the video clip. If you find the natural force of gravity holding you to the planet to be part of the intended experience, then rethink it. The actual ride will include some sort of forces in X, Y, and Z. I'm sure it will be more fun then a typical Fantasyland attraction, well themed, and lot's of fun for the whole family. Unless of course you think this is supposed to compare to a 150 foot drop with loops, then no one can help you as that is NOT what this is targeting.

Can't anyone just enjoy this for what it is? A well themed family attraction to add alittle fun to the day of the typical family guests? Jeez.
We could if it didn't take 3 years to toss together. It is literally taking as long if not longer than Carsland. It won't be Carsland.

Big C 73

Nope, not toys.

HP still sells INSANE numbers of books. Books that stay with people much longer than toys.

In fact... The very first Universal Studios HP Weekend is coming up. That is a HUGE thing.

You are right about the books. I love reading, you gain knowledge and apply it in your everyday life. :)

Disneyfan_76

I like to give the benefit of the doubt to both parties until everything is completed.

That being said, I am a little saddened in general that Disney has closed a ride and replaced it with a M&G. While I am the father of a little girl who will probably end up loving to meet the princesses in their fairy tail hall, I don't really see M&G as a family experience. The rides and attractions are what let a family do stuff together and I see the M&G taking away from that as they are focused on only the young children. I would have much rather they replaced Snow white's scary adventure with another dark ride. Just my two cents. I hope this coaster does the material justice and has some good dark ride elements.

Disneyfan_76

Nope, not toys.

Harry Potter is not an IP that will last. Without new content coming out it will slowly decline in popularity.
Universal has done an amazing job with everything, but I just don't see it lasting.
However, I still think it is a better IP than Avatar which seems questionable even with the new movies coming out. Star Wars, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom