Seven Dwarf's Mine Train ride expectations?

RSoxNo1

Well, I guess we should give Disney a pat on the back, it will be a new mine car coaster, I mean its not like somebody else in Orlando is planning on building a mine train ride in a new land . . .

gringotts-diagon-pottermore.jpg

With oddly familiar shops . . .

Diagon_Alley_-_Eeylops_Owl_Emporium.jpg

With fabulously detailed mine train cars . . .

potter-usf-car-front.jpg

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

Which is a hybrid roller coaster and motion simulator in the style of Spiderman with 3-D screens galore

with wind effects, fog, heat, a mysterious bank vault . . . all based on an "ambitious" narrative for this very un-roller coaster ride which may raise the bar for theme parks around the world.

Oh, yeah, Mickey has nothing to worry about . . . aren't E-Tickets too expensive to build? And who would want to visit them?

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2010/06/harry-potter-opening-day.jpg

That's not a crowd... THIS is a crowd:
HarryPotterLine1.jpg

HarryPotterLine2.jpg

HarryPotterLine3.jpg

HarryPotterLine4.jpg

HarryPotterLine5.jpg

Because it doesn't. This is going to disappoint so many because it really isn't all that more exciting than Barnstormer. It will just have the brief few show scenes and the swaying ... it has B-Ticket written all over it, yet folks want to compare it to BTMRR and EE?!?!

Compare it to Barnstormer and you'll like it.

Compare it to anything else and you'll be very, very disappointed.

Can I compare it to Primeval Whirl?

CinematicFusion

I'm still going to hold out judgement until the first reviews come in or we get a complete detailed view of the ride. I guess sometime in 2014. The ride as it stands is coming and I hope they have done a great job. The audience will let them know if they haven't.
Here is hoping this isn't on par with epcot's imagination 2.0 ride.

yeti

Uh no. It was the above comment praising an unbuilt attraction for having "screens galore."

Screens galore can be very well indeed if they actually distort the atmosphere and convincingly blend with the physical...experience?

All right it's impossible to describe. Just think of Spider-Man and TSMM and don't think of Seas with Nemo and Friends.

doctornick

Regarding Snow White: there is going to be a M&G specific for her in the Dwarves' cottage, right? I think that is how the higher ups view keeping a strong presence for her in the park. Depending on how that is themed and set up, it could be quite impressive especially given the size of the mine train attraction complex.

Pixiedustmaker

Regarding Snow White: there is going to be a M&G specific for her in the Dwarves' cottage, right? I think that is how the higher ups view keeping a strong presence for her in the park. Depending on how that is themed and set up, it could be quite impressive especially given the size of the mine train attraction complex.

There will be a massive princess meet & greet where the old Snow White's Scary Adventures was, plus there will be the "Enchanted Tales" with Belle. I don't think that there is necessarily room for a Snow White Meet and Greet at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the concept art shows Snow White's Cottage, but I presume this is the exit and a gift shop. Supposedly, Little Mermaid will also have a Meet and Greet in front of it as well . . .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There will be a massive princess meet & greet where the old Snow White's Scary Adventures was, plus there will be the "Enchanted Tales" with Belle. I don't think that there is necessarily room for a Snow White Meet and Greet at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the concept art shows Snow White's Cottage, but I presume this is the exit and a gift shop. Supposedly, Little Mermaid will also have a Meet and Greet in front of it as well . . .

Yeah, Snow White's cottage is the exit from the ride, I don't think they could put a M&G in their without really backing things up. I agree that she will probably be in Princess Fairytale hall with the other princesses.

Beholder

I'm still excited to see the finished product. I'm not the target audience, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy the themes and level of detail. It may not be an e-ticket but I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless. My daughter isn't the target age, but she's extremely excited for the entire expansion. Is it everything I'd have wanted? Maybe not, but if it isn't up to expectations, it just may be the fire that gets lit under the collective tails of the decision makers. I can hope.

dreamscometrue

Because it doesn't. This is going to disappoint so many because it really isn't all that more exciting than Barnstormer. It will just have the brief few show scenes and the swaying ... it has B-Ticket written all over it, yet folks want to compare it to BTMRR and EE?!?!

Compare it to Barnstormer and you'll like it.

Compare it to anything else and you'll be very, very disappointed.

Oh '74, sometimes your posts are just so silly. Silly, I say! To compare the scope and theming of this attraction to 1970's 'B' ticket attractions like the Swiss Family Treehouse or Keel Boats is a ridiculous statement...even for you. :)

doctornick

Yeah, Snow White's cottage is the exit from the ride, I don't think they could put a M&G in their without really backing things up. I agree that she will probably be in Princess Fairytale hall with the other princesses.

Hmm, okay, maybe I've gotten the wrong impression, but I thought Snow pretty explicitly was not included among the princesses at the eventual Fairy Tale Hall. My impression was that there will be certain "rooms" inside there themed to specific princesses, with Cinderella, Aurora and another one (Tiana?) that would be used but also some generic space that other princesses would use. But I thought that Snow would have a dedicated M&G at the ride, just like Belle and Ariel are getting in their new setups.

I could be making this all up, but I really thought I read it somewhere. I would think given the footprint of the Mine Train that there is room to set up a M&G somewhere in the area where it would not interfere with the ride line.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hmm, okay, maybe I've gotten the wrong impression, but I thought Snow pretty explicitly was not included among the princesses at the eventual Fairy Tale Hall. My impression was that there will be certain "rooms" inside there themed to specific princesses, with Cinderella, Aurora and another one (Tiana?) that would be used but also some generic space that other princesses would use. But I thought that Snow would have a dedicated M&G at the ride, just like Belle and Ariel are getting in their new setups.

I could be making this all up, but I really thought I read it somewhere. I would think given the footprint of the Mine Train that there is room to set up a M&G somewhere in the area where it would not interfere with the ride line.

I could also be wrong about that, it's just my guess.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Well 74 says that the SD attraction will be no more than a "B" Ticket, so there is a lot of space that would be unaccounted for, so you COULD be right.

Pixiedustmaker

Really, "screen based attraction" was your only take away from Forbidden Journey?

Uh . . . this is the Gringotts Mine Train Ride. Which is going into IOA. Screens are OK if they are used, but they are obviously not going to be hi-def flatscreen tvs, like what is used in LM, but projection screens. And there's going to be a lot more in the ride than that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Uh . . . this is the Gringotts Mine Train Ride. Which is going into IOA. Screens are OK if they are used, but they are obviously not going to be hi-def flatscreen tvs, like what is used in LM, but projection screens. And there's going to be a lot more in the ride than that.

Actually, all indications are that it's going into Universal, not IOA. All though not announced officially, everything points to the Harry Potter expansion going into the old Jaws area.

RSoxNo1

So when Universal does it, screens on an attraction are a good thing? Got it.
Really, "screen based attraction" was your only take away from Forbidden Journey?
This is the back and forth, TD1129's comment was a one off comment and while it was a few posts down from the Gringott's Mine Train artwork, I assumed it was based on existing attractions not attractions that haven't been built yet. Having said that, there's still a much grander approach to things going on over at Universal. They're using screens in many of their major attractions and the screens are playing a significant role.

The only reason why I view this as a problem is the simulator aspects don't work for everyone. My wife gets sick on pretty much everything that has a simulator component. However, I don't think that's the argument being presented. What's happening here is that screen based effects are being lumped together as the same thing. The screens used in Gran Fiesta Tour and The Seas with Nemo and Friends aren't the same as those used in Soarin' or The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman

Pixiedustmaker

Actually, all indications are that it's going into Universal, not IOA. All though not announced officially, everything points to the Harry Potter expansion going into the old Jaws area.

I really wouldn't know, I haven't visited Universal in 15+ years, and I haven't been to IOA, though I have been to WDW many times and was an annual passholder. I am excited to one day go back to Florida (Disneyland is my "home" park), and I plan on spending a significant amount of time at Universal.

I have drooled over pictures of Potterland, and can't wait to see what this Gingrotts mine train ride is . . .

Cybercat

Banned
Oh '74, sometimes your posts are just so silly. Silly, I say! To compare the scope and theming of this attraction to 1970's 'B' ticket attractions like the Swiss Family Treehouse or Keel Boats is a ridiculous statement...even for you. :)

When has 74' ever posted anything that was obviously slanted and filled with hyperbole to push his agenda? I've yet to read anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom