Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Opening Sooner than we think?

Rose&Crowner

It will be next to impossible to manually rock them as your center of gravity will be locked to the seat via lap bars or some kind of dwarfish restraint. All the rocking and waving of your hands won't do much because those cars weigh more than you can generate force to budge from a state of rest... Doesn't mean that I'm not going to try my damnedest on 2/7!!!!

MOXOMUMD

It will be next to impossible to manually rock them as your center of gravity will be locked to the seat via lap bars or some kind of dwarfish restraint. All the rocking and waving of your hands won't do much because those cars weigh more than you can generate force to budge from a state of rest... Doesn't mean that I'm not going to try my damnedest on 2/7!!!!
"Lean to the left, lean to the right, left, right, left, right..." :joyfull:

toolsnspools

"Lean to the left, lean to the right, left, right, left, right..." :joyfull:
It will have to take the weight of 4 college students doing this. That's potentially 600-800 lbs rocking back and forth. From the stack of weights in the train, I think they have the weight covered, but give them a chance to apply this rocking during the natural swinging on the track, and you could see trouble.

CaptainShortty

In a recent conversation with a Disney World Cast Member, we discussed the recent Grand Openings and Soft Openings at Disney World. Of course, Grand Openings are announced and made a big deal, the "Soft openings" are supposedly unannounced and can happen on a whim? Is this true or just a Cast Member thinking he knows what he is talking about? The reason I ask is because due to the bulk of testing of 7DMT lately, is it possibly that they might do a soft opening for new years 2014? Not sure how the completion of the details are around the ride but would love your opinions and feedback. I will be visiting January 5 - 10. Of course, I am getting there on the 5th so I can have at least one day to enjoy Splash Mountain before the refurbishment but not crossing my fingers about 7DMT being open then but I certinly would love it if it were.

The opening team cast members for the atteaction have not been picked yet so it not opening anytime soon. They will need to first choose and then train them before it can do any soft openings.

Kyle Nichols

Original Poster
Today was my second day here, it was 80 degrees yesterday and beautiful, today it was about 40 degrees by the time I left Epcot! Yikes! Anyways, when walking past the 7DMT walls it does appear that a lot of detail work is needed to be done. Wish the 7DMT team the best and I hope they have it completed for all of the Spring guests! It will give me an excuse to come back sooner.

Scuttle

It will have to take the weight of 4 college students doing this. That's potentially 600-800 lbs rocking back and forth. From the stack of weights in the train, I think they have the weight covered, but give them a chance to apply this rocking during the natural swinging on the track, and you could see trouble.
Could be closer to a thousand in some cases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom