Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

skimbob

Hopefully they are cosidering a reimagining that brings a portion of the track literally below ground level. This would allow the "mountain" (show building) to house more stuff.

They would definately have the room to bury some of the SWMT ride since the ultidors don't extend that far out. They will have to watch the depth though due to the water table. The whole forest will be able to have a lot more landscaping as well for the same reason.

I am excited to see this land once it is finished. I think it will be an awesome addition to the park.

NewfieFan

I think the Princesses will be relocated to the FLE from MSUSA eventually to be replaced by some or all of the fab 5. I am talking beyond the next temp location in the SWSA building.

Just my opinion of how it could go. This is one complicated process it appears.:lol:

But how "temporary" is the new location? We all know how temporary things are in the MK...!?! I think we will be seeing the Princesses in Storybook Hall (or whatever it's being called) for a long time!

I think the fab 5 would be a great fit for Town Square.

jt04

They would definately have the room to bury some of the SWMT ride since the ultidors don't extend that far out. They will have to watch the depth though due to the water table. The whole forest will be able to have a lot more landscaping as well for the same reason.

I am excited to see this land once it is finished. I think it will be an awesome addition to the park.

I hope you are right. Considering the central location of the 'mountain', this is one project that should be fully budgeted and realized. It needs to be special as it will be so visible and central to the FLE.

But how "temporary" is the new location? We all know how temporary things are in the MK...!?! I think we will be seeing the Princesses in Storybook Hall (or whatever it's being called) for a long time!

I think the fab 5 would be a great fit for Town Square.

Could be they intend the princesses to stay there. But considering that the combination of the new style m&g and nextgen tech seems to be becomming such an integral part of of the park and guest's expectations, my guess is they will want to spread these attractions throughout the MK while also having them be consistent with an areas theme.

Some have suggested the princesses could be replaced by retro charaters such as Oswald. That seems like a great idea to me also.

britdaw

"Snow White's Adventures" is my favorite ride from when I was there before! I am SO excited to come back in a couple years and ride this! :D

raven

The layout I have ppears to indicate the ride being about 50/50.
Hard to tell, really.
But leave Barnstormer out if it. This is a totally different animal.

A closer look at the plans now shows a significant outdoor section. The much earlier concepts showed it being mostly indoors (which is what I was going off of then). Now only about 20% of the ride will be indoors.

space42

A closer look at the plans now shows a significant outdoor section. The much earlier concepts showed it being mostly indoors (which is what I was going off of then). Now only about 20% of the ride will be indoors.

wow, this seems like such an odd choice. I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" - I think of a mostly outdoor coaster with about 20% indoor??

Is this much different from the artwork that we've seen? That looked mostly indoor.

WDWGoof07

Is this based solely on track length? The outdoor section could have a longer length of track, but this is likely the fast, coaster portion of the ride. The ride time percentage of indoor/outdoor could be closer to 50/50 when you take the different speeds into account.

raven

Is this based solely on track length? The outdoor section could have a longer length of track, but this is likely the fast, coaster portion of the ride. The ride time percentage of indoor/outdoor could be closer to 50/50 when you take the different speeds into account.

Track length. Slower indoors? Well, considering Lift Hill #2 is indoors then yes.

WDWGoof07

Track length. Slower indoors? Well, considering Lift Hill #2 is indoors then yes.
I said slower indoors because I thought I read here that there would be dark ride-type scenes inside the structure, but I'm now getting the impression that this is more of a pure coaster.

raven

I said slower indoors because I thought I read here that there would be dark ride-type scenes inside the structure, but I'm now getting the impression that this is more of a pure coaster.

Yes, it's an actual coaster. The indoor section of the ride (besides the load/unload area) is all in one section (not broken up). It's an "S" curve in the mine and then the lift hill itself. You exit the indoor section of the ride after the crest of the 2nd lift hill.

WDWGoof07

Yes, it's an actual coaster. The indoor section of the ride (besides the load/unload area) is all in one section (not broken up). It's an "S" curve in the mine and then the lift hill itself. You exit the indoor section of the ride after the crest of the 2nd lift hill.
Got it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Captain Chaos

Uh oh.... Problems may exist with the ride vehicles/track support for this ride... Reading elsewhere, there seems to be some sort of miscalculation WDI did with the swaying of the ride vehicles...

Lee, Raven, any idea on this???

Lee

Adventurer
Uh oh.... Problems may exist with the ride vehicles/track support for this ride... Reading elsewhere, there seems to be some sort of miscalculation WDI did with the swaying of the ride vehicles...

Lee, Raven, any idea on this???

The design is still being tinkered with. I have no information that would indicate that the attraction is in any sort of jeopardy.

Captain Chaos

The design is still being tinkered with. I have no information that would indicate that the attraction is in any sort of jeopardy.

Oh I didn't mean cancelling the ride in general... I just meant what a friendly spirit said about the swaying of the cars being an issue...

stitch2008

Oh I didn't mean cancelling the ride in general... I just meant what a friendly spirit said about the swaying of the cars being an issue...

I dont think its an issue. At some of the Cedar Fair parks, the rumor was the new Windseeker arms were crashing into each other. And they fixed it in about 3 weeks. Im sure WDI has time to fix any problems with the mine coaster.

mp2bill

I dont think its an issue. At some of the Cedar Fair parks, the rumor was the new Windseeker arms were crashing into each other. And they fixed it in about 3 weeks. Im sure WDI has time to fix any problems with the mine coaster.

Well that can't be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom