Service has gone down.

piglet21

I go to Disney World A LOT for someone who lives in PA and I spent 42 days in the parks last year. I'm heading back down in November and it'll be my 5th trip this year. I've had some trips where I've had AMAZING service, and some trips where I went home and questioned why I liked Disney so much.

I think it's really hit or miss. As much as Disney tries to have their cast members put on a happy face, they're people too and like all of us, have bad days. When I went in January, we had a horrible experience with cast members, from having a miserable individual check us in at the Poly to have a bartender tell me that, no, the drink I was ordering didn't have passion fruit, when in fact it did and I then proceeded to have an allergic reaction - with many other lackluster CM interactions in-between. I also think that the negative experiences we have tend to stick out more than the positive ones.

When I went in May, we had a completely different experience and it was absolutely wonderful! My husband bought me Jack Skellington ears and when we were at dinner that night we noticed the ear was separating from the headband. We went back to the store to purchase another set and they were out so we went to guest relations to find where we could purchase them. Across the entire property, they were only available at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Magic Kingdom. We headed there the next day and there were no ears. We asked the CM if she could check in the back and she came back out with the ONE pair that were left and gave them to us for free.

When we went back in June and August we had pleasant experiences with CMs. Nothing that stuck out as being overly negative or positive. Basically all I'm saying is, you probably just had a weird trip - it happens sometimes! I personally haven't noticed a consistent decline in service or cleanliness.

Movielover

I’m at the airport killing time so I thought I might ask if anyone else thinks so too. Honestly nothing in particular happened to us with a cm, I just feel that in general the cms are not as helpful, knowledgeable or friendly as they used to. The park also seems to be kind of filthy in some areas. Not a lot just some areas were kind of dirty. I don’t remember seeing a single piece of trash on the floor ever before, I did this whole trip at MK. And like I said just in general the cms were not friendly. Most look like they couldn’t be bothered. Cms were not as present as they used to be and when I did ask a few questions they couldn’t give me answers. My husband is in the service industry & he noticed it too. I was disappointed. Nothing that specifically affected us like I said just something I noticed.
Oh & I was underwhelmed by the not so scary party. That parade was very unexciting. The best part about the not so scary party was the hocus pocus thing & I’ve never watched that movie. Overall not worth the ticket price at all.

Helps if you takes these off...

NostalgiaGoggles.png

;)

KBLovedDisney

Oh & I was underwhelmed by the not so scary party. That parade was very unexciting. The best part about the not so scary party was the Hocus Pocus thing & I’ve never watched that movie. Overall not worth the ticket price at all.
You should watch the movie. It is really good.

thomas998

I think general manners of the public at large have got worse, 40-60 years ago littering was a lot rarer and parents were more likely to tell their kids off for doing it and for many other aspects of misbehaviour. I think that general politeness has significantly changed since the parks opened and many people seem more entitled.

Also in terms of service, the pay isn't great for these roles and the turnover is high, Disney need to work on improving pay and conditions for CMs so they want to be there.
I would agree that littering has increased, in large part that is really to be expected. When the fee you are charged to enter a park reaches a certain point some people will begin to think, "for the price I paid let them pick it up." Not the right way to think but that's the way some people will think and the higher the price goes the more likely you are to that entitled mentality

Minnesota disney fan

Never said that. Never assumed that. Could it be that other people didn’t experience what I experienced? Yes. But it could also be that the enamored folks in this forum willingly ignore what I experienced also.

Sorry Analise, that you are experiencing such attacks, just for voicing YOUR opinion. This is a discussion board, and all these attacks on you expressing your experience is a little confusing to me? You had an experience you wanted to share, that's all.

Just expressing MY opinion, that's all. no need for attacks.

MickeyLuv'r

I would agree that littering has increased, in large part that is really to be expected. When the fee you are charged to enter a park reaches a certain point some people will begin to think, "for the price I paid let them pick it up." Not the right way to think but that's the way some people will think and the higher the price goes the more likely you are to that entitled mentality

I'd say some yes and no on this point. For many years, we almost never saw any trash, except sometimes we'd see a CM picking up some trash. Other maintenance issues were also promptly handled. Back then, Universal was the less-clean park.

Then came a period where we saw a great deal of trash, and poor maintenance issues. More recently, I think things have improved, but not as clean as they once were. Meanwhile, Universal has improved dramatically! Universal is now cleaner, IMO, than WDW.

Our past few WDW stays have been a bit of a mixed bag. Some CM's were super, some were less than stellar. I accept that many CM's are inexperienced, and inexperienced CM's are often unsure how to handle their uncertainty.

I've now had several malfunctioning magicbands. The CM's don't know how to fix them, but it is worse than that, because they don't what to admit they don't know what to do. Some act like there can't possibly be a problem, others waste too much time doing nothing, some have even acted like I was committing theft or fraud. And that feels just TERRIBLE while I'm trying to vacation.

And in today's WDW, a malfunctioning magicband can be a very expensive problem: $, lost time, and missed experiences.

Last edited:

laben594

I would have to agree. I noticed this past September when I went that the cast members working the food & wine kiosks acted like they were miserable. A lot of them were very unfriendly which was disappointing. However, everywhere else they seemed to be in good spirits so maybe they all just dread food & wine

nace888

I will say that when I was there last summer, I worked with a few CMs who were clearly not interested in working as a team, let alone there. It's hit and miss. I went as a guest one day, the CM messed up my drink and willingly fixed it. I went a week later and same thing happened but the CM basically told me I was false in my statement and that I need to take my drink and go.

KBLovedDisney

げんき です

6 years of Spanish...can't remember anything other than Donde es la bibloteca.

Passed with a B.

1 year of Japanese:

わたし わ KB です
はじめまして

Passed with an A.

....Failed English twice.

zeedan

Esto es un robo. The only Spanish I remember ( and it's from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid").

May also apply to certain Disney exec's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom