Serious Post - Annual Reminder!!!

Hrudey3032

I smoked mine :lookaroun

Uh really? Not the type of post to put this in.

When I was in Elementary school a girl in my class and her sister died in a fire due to a improper smoke detector.

It is one thing to try and throw humor into a post but this is not the one to do it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am bumping this very old thread as a reminder!

Those dear little girls would be grown women now, I miss my friend, and I still tear up thinking about going to that funeral with three coffins, and a husband/father overcome with grief because he lost everything he loved in life.

bmarkelon

Wow, so sorry, that is awful and so tragic. Thank you for this critical reminder. I will definitely be doing this today. Or I will be having the DH take care of this today.

hcswingfield

The first time change after we moved into the new house we bought a bunch of D-cells to put in all the smoke alarms only to discover they were hardwired into the house electrical system. :lol:

NYwdwfan

The first time change after we moved into the new house we bought a bunch of D-cells to put in all the smoke alarms only to discover they were hardwired into the house electrical system. :lol:

Just a suggestion - get at least one battery alarm in a central location. My neighbors had their alarms hardwired to the electric and when their house was struck by lightening the electric in the house was knocked out and their fire alarms didn't work. The dad heard glass break downstairs and thought someone was breaking in - but when he went to check it out he was greeted by smoke halfway down the stairs. The fire had broken the glass. They thankfully were able to escape out the second floor windows onto an awning and climb down from there.

We recently found one of alarms had a drained battery - we never heard it beeping and realized it must have beeped when we were away for a week on vacation (at Disney). I will ALWAYS change them with the clocks now. Thanks Mom for the bump!

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can't believe so much time has gone by - the girls would be grown women, perhaps with their own families. Please, please, please take the time and spend a few dollars to change your batteries if you haven't done so within in the past year. Surely your, and your family's, life is worth doing such a small task with such a huge impact?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom