September Fun or Madness?

DisneyRoss

Hey,
Visiting the world for the second time, last time we went for easter break and the parks were manic this time we have book for a 10night visit starting the 16th september! any idears what the crowds are like? ect,
any answer loved thanks
Ross :)

Omigoodness - you're going to have quite the shock from your last trip! :) September is GORGEOUS! A little hot, yes, but lines will be 20-30 minutes at maximum. Free Dining will make it a bit more crowded, but you'll love it! As a family who always went in Oct. we made the mistake of going one Spring Break - never, ever, ever again. To me, I'd rather go in the dead of summer than go Spring Break/Easter time. The crowds made me so angry and bitter...and normally I'm quite nice. ;)

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

After going in September for the last several years, we will NEVER again go in summer or even May. Yes, it is still hot but since the crowds are so much less, the heat won't be as much of a problem. We've never had a week of daily rain in September, no tour groups, and very manageable ride wait times. Strange but the park we've seen the most crowded in September the last couple years is the Studios....maybe due to TSM? Have a great vacation!

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

We went the first year end of April/first of may and the crowds weren't too bad..but then we went back in September..LOVE IT !!!! We spent the next four Septembers there..it is warm enough during the day, but not too hot and the nights are cool, but not cold..crowds are GREAT..there are none..the longest we waited in line was 10 minutes..now with the free dining it may have gotten busier (it has been 5 years), but we are headed back this September:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

KnK

This will be our 12 year in a row for September. We love it. You can get through the MK in a morning. Gives you time to enjoy other things besides just the parks.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Hey,
Visiting the world for the second time, last time we went for easter break and the parks were manic this time we have book for a 10night visit starting the 16th september! any idears what the crowds are like? ect,
any answer loved thanks

Yeah a few year back we did the land and sea Disney cruise in April.....Never ever, again! Well, the Sea part was great, it really (and maybe because the size of the ship) did'nt feel crowded or run over by kids...The Land part...Oh dear lord! Even my oldest (who was 8 at the time said neve to go in april again) I waseven taking pics of the crowds just in case I got a week moment and wanted to go around that time of the year again....But see when you get spoiled by going in September, and having done this for the past 15yrs To us any other time of the year seems Crowded( although we did love Jan , before and after the Marathon week)...Yes in September its hot.....and you got the Free dining crowd (although still nowhere near April or Feb) But I would rather deal with the heat , which we love anyway...and the lovebugs!!!!

We'll be down on the 17th of September.....it can't get here soon enough!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Hey,
any answer loved thanks

September is the best time to go....I was very sad when the DD hit middle school as i would not take them out for a week...way to much work to make up just starting the school year. Weather is still warm but not as much rain and the crowds are low!! You will really enjoy this trip.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

We always go in September usually, and its great! No, the park isnt empty, but its a big difference from going between May and August! You'll love it!

Upvote 0

piglets mom

Sept trip

September is alot of fun It is still warm not a lot of kids and the Halloween stuff is out. It rains at 3pm for about 10 min. but the rain is warm. All my family now books their trips in September. My anniversary is in September so I always get a trip. Go and enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

You are going to have a great time in September!!! We were just there this past Sept. and while it was hot, the crowds were manageable even with free dining! He sure to look into going to MNSSHP!!!

Upvote 0

goofykt

We always go in September usually, and its great! No, the park isnt empty, but its a big difference from going between May and August! You'll love it!

Ditto!

This will be our fourth year in a row visiting in September. It's hot, but not "miserable hot" like in the summer. We've never had problems with rain like others have mentioned, but maybe we've just been lucky. The crowds are about average - not jam packed, but not dead. We've been to WDW in May, June, July, September, & December, and overall September is our favorite time to visit (December is a close second - love the atmosphere at Christmas, but not the crowds). True, you have to get up with the chickens the morning your 180+10 window opens in order to get decent ADRs for your trip, but you can't beat free food and low crowds.

Upvote 0

dave&di

What about the first week in Sept? Like Labor Day week?

We went to wdw 2 years ago in Sept, Brilliant for all the reasons everyone has given. We purposly go after labor day as it is very busy at wdw on Labor day weekend, so we go the week after. Back again this Sept, (after Labor Day!) :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom