September 28 aerial photos

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Great pictures. It's so cool to see the area with almost no construction equipment (except around the mine train). Looks like they are going keep the mine ride site connected to the backstage access road for now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a markup of the Mine Ride track that I did using Scott Keating's latest aerial and a track layout that has been posted here. Most of the foundations for the left side are in place so that should be pretty accurate. Right side foundations appear to still be in the works so that side might be a little off.Red is outdoor track, yellow is indoor.

MineTrainOverlay.jpg

td1129

B tickets
Kiddie coasters
Just to increase capacity
Bring back swsa, 20k leagues
Cheap looking cups

Did I do that right?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Anyone remember if there is going to be water on the BOG side or the LM side or both? I seem to remember talk of a waterfall and some water features. Just wondering where they would be.

Atomicmickey

Interesting that the "big lift hill", such as it is, happens it seems, halfway through the attraction. Should we assume most of the 'show scenes' take place as you're ascending the lift?

If the overlay above is correct, there's a lot of blank space behind the attraction, facing Mermaid. Are we certain there'll be no track there?

Skibum1970

I'll be there in December and cannot wait to see how it turns out. Everything looks great. I know that it won't happen but I really would like the Tangled area to be finished as that looks like it will be such a neat area to walk through.

jjharvpro

Absolutely incredible. To wake up to this on a Saturday morning is a BLESSING. I can't believe it's actually almost here. I will be in awe the first time I walk through this new land.

NewfieFan

It's been so exciting to watch this all come together. I remember some of the first pictures we got over the construction walls behind Pooh's Playful Spot... and look where we are now!
This is going to change Fantasyland and the MK forever (and for the better). However, in the future all new additions will have to be up to this standard (theme wise) or we are going to be disappointed.

I wish SDMT were opening around the same time. It's a bummer that a new area has to open with a large wall still in it (and the sight of construction, cranes, etc.) I think once it is all done it will be more amazing still.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting that the "big lift hill", such as it is, happens it seems, halfway through the attraction. Should we assume most of the 'show scenes' take place as you're ascending the lift?

If the overlay above is correct, there's a lot of blank space behind the attraction, facing Mermaid. Are we certain there'll be no track there?
Looks like the first lift hill will take you up right at the start and then you wind around the outside of the mountain going downhill into the indoor portion with the 2nd lift hill. Looks like a large indoor stretch before the 2nd lift hill that will probably have some show scenes. Based on the layout there should be some fantastic views coming off of the 2nd lift hill looking out over fantasyland. Things seem to be coming together pretty fast. Is this really going to take over a year to finish?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I believe that area will contain the maintenance bay for the ride, and then along he back wall there will be shops themed to the Mermaid area.

NewfieFan

I believe that area will contain the maintenance bay for the ride, and then along he back wall there will be shops themed to the Mermaid area.

I thought one of our insiders said the shop was scraped at the back but I could be remembering wrong!?! Which surprises me because I can't believe they would build a "big", new ride and it not have a themed gift shop! I guess there will be a cart or something of sorts near the ride!?!

(Where was the pic of the gift shop on the back? I thought for sure I had seen either some concept art or a model of what was back there...)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I thought one of our insiders said the shop was scraped at the back but I could be remembering wrong!?! Which surprises me because I can't believe they would build a "big", new ride and it not have a themed gift shop! I guess there will be a cart or something of sorts near the ride!?!

(Where was the pic of the gift shop on the back? I thought for sure I had seen either some concept art or a model of what was back there...)
My guess is that you will exit through some type of gift shop.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom