Sept or Nov - Please help me decide!

ThinkTink721

Since they have extended the free dining, we are having a hard time trying to decide whether to go in Sept or Nov. :shrug:
We have visited WDW 2 times during Sept, but never in Nov.
We would love to see the Cmas decorations & the weather is a little cooler in Nov.
If we go in Sept, the kids would miss 4 days of school & if we go in Nov, they would miss 2 days...but, my oldest child plays basketball & he may have to miss a game if we go in Nov & this is his 1st year to play, so I would hate that. :(
Please help me w/ my dilemma!
Thanks in advance! :wave:

zurgandfriend

You have not seen WDW at Christmas, it is wonderful, MVMCP< Epcot choir, Osborne lights.

The kids will miss less school, and it gets harder to make up the work as they get older.

Hopefully your son will play hundreds of B-ball games. You may only get one chance for a November trip. I say go for it.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

This is my 3rd year in a row going over Thanksgiving week in November (of course!)- My daughter and I love it. Have never been in September but I can say the benefits of going in November are it's all decorated for the holidays and definitely puts you in huge holiday spirit! We wouldn't have it any other way. The Candlelight Processional, the snow machines during Osborne Lights....Osborne Lights! LOL Each park decorated and beautiful - it's almost awe inspiring! Plus we try and visit several of the deluxe resorts to see their decorations..especially The Grand Floridian with the life size Ginger Bread House . You will love it!

Upvote 0

Disneydad08

Now that depends on when in the month you plan on going! Early November you might be able to catch the end of Haloween! Middle to end its all Christmass. Late sept you might catch MNSSHP! My favorite!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Jay & Sue

Not yet on the Osborne Lights dates....I've been waiting for them to come out but nothing yet! Not that I can find anyways.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We've gone in November -- crowds were mostly manageable (with the exception of RIGHT around Thanksgiving when it was a little crazy,) and it was very very cool to see the Christmas decorations for the first time. The castle was really spectacular.

We hit a bit of a cold snap and it was too chilly for me personally (it's just a personal preference -- I'm one of those crazy people that can walk around Florida in full August humidity and love it.) It just seemed wrong to be wearing sweatshirts/light jackets in the parks. ;) So depending on your personal preference, that could be a plus or a minus.

I'm definitely glad we got to experience WDW around the holidays (I think it's something big WDW fans should see at least once), but I will say that I'm not in any big rush to do it again (unless it just happened to work out best timing wise for us.) I think it's just because for me, living in a much cooler climate, part of what makes WDW a vacation for me is the sun and heat.

Upvote 0

cynic710

ive been in both nov and sept and i can say that the Christmas decorations are the deciding factor. it truely is inspiring and you dont sacrafice much of the heat so water rides are still an option. i am going nov 11 just because of the decorations.

either way have a great time!

Upvote 0

bootsietx

SEPTEMBER

Pros
Less crowded; shorter lines

Cons
Much warmer than November :cool:

NOVEMBER

Pros
Christmas Decorations are up and beautiful :xmas:

Cons
Very crowded during Thanksgiving Week so longer lines
Can have freezing temperatures

GOOD LUCK!!!

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

There are definitely pros and cons for both (minimal cons - hey - it's still Disneyworld!!) but you can try this for a deciding factor: since both dates are less than 180 days in advance you can try making ADRs for your favorite restaurants and see if any are totally unavailable for the time you are planning to go (not out of the realm of possibility since free dining was released) - that could be a tie-breaker. Good luck!!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

something new.....

Like you we've only been in Sept. and I would LOVE to go in Nov. to see the Christmas decorations, too. So with that I say go in Nov. Especially if the children miss fewer days. School is more important to me than sports so that's what I suggest. Another reason is the cooler temps, last year we had one day that I swear I was melting, lol! My vote, hands down - Nov! :xmas:

Upvote 0
I think we have finally decided on Nov - Thanks for all of your advice! :wave:

I don't think you'll regret it - we've been over Thanksgiving and right after New Years several times and have seen all the Christmas Decor. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong - it's my favorite holiday, but I feel it's missing the Disney Magic a little bit - so I prefer not to go during this time anymore. BUT if you haven't yet been, it's a MUST SEE.:xmas:

(I just like the music they play and the costumes I see when it's regular season:wave:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom