Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

kgaf99

the problem here is where does it end??? ok. so right now the stick is maybe 4 feet long or so?? next thing you know so idiot will come out with the "new and improved" selfie stick. this will have a 8 foot extension.....bc the 4 foot one was not long enough. lol. then there will be the 10 foot one and so on and so on. get a grip people!!!

oh god i miss my Kodak Disc camera..... life was simple

kgaf99

pmLStXf.jpg

LOLOLOL

Jahona

The selfie stick has it's place and purpose, it just doesn't belong at the parks. If you want to hand hold a gopro look into one of the handheld 3 axis gimbals. Your going to get a lot smoother footage with out annoying people around you. If you need a photo of you and your chums together then ask one of the Disney photopass photographers. They are more than willing to take your photo and that's what they are there for.

ZachS

We really only ever see a couple during a week long stay and they have never had any impact on our enjoyment. iPads on the other hand are a much bigger problem. I don't which is worse, using them to record a dark ride or holding them up to record night time shows. Those are far more annoying then the selfie sticks.

Texas84

People were running with them during Marathon weekend in January. Wonder how their arms felt after carrying that thing for 26 miles?

NormC

Selfie sticks are idiotic. They are also quite rude. How has it become acceptable to inconvenience others so you can get a better selfie or picture by waving a stick in the air in front of everyone else? I also find it very rude to be holding up any brightly lit LCD recording device so that the people behind you have to look at it. Tablets and iPads are not good cameras!

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

I get the safety concerns over selfie sticks in the parks and think they should be banned for that reason, but like strollers and ecv's, I don't understand the intense annoyance and moral outrage many theme parks fans have towards them. I don't use them, but I also don't let those who do occupy any time in my thoughts.

Pacha

On our late January trip, there were people using selfie sticks everywhere. None of them were annoying or dangerous in any way, although I did miss taking pictures for small groups of people that want to get everyone in the picture. Some of my fondest memories of Disney trips are interacting with other guests, and selfie sticks take away one of those opportunities. :(

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I fall into the WDW should simply ban them. Too many possibilities of it being used as a weapon when someone gets mad at another guest for whatever reason. Of course, not to mention the annoyance factor when it is in front of you at a parade or fireworks display. I would NOT be nice in telling the person to stop it or lose it if a nice "can you please move it" does not work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom