Secretly Spent Nite @ MK?

wdwishes2005

Woser said:
I've stayed in the park overnight.. but most Cast members have.. Toontown is known for it during long hours at the park.

But hiding in the park.. never heard of it ( and anything like that would get around Disney cast members faster then anything else. ) And Disney couldn't do an "Overnight" lock-in since it would Violate at least 2 of the elements of Show... Maybe 3.
Why not skip it that night?
If you made that a hard ticket event, I'd bet it would sell out all the time, people would be coming in droves to sleep on a cement floor, go figure. I prefer a nice comfy bed with a/c.
Who said anything about sleep? Disney sells vault doesn't it?

Dragonrider1227

GenerationX said:
They chain you to a bench inside the Country Bear Jamboree and force you to watch the show continuously all night.
Now that's what I call cruel and unusual punnishment.
:drevil:
As for sneaking in, the castle seems too obvious. They've proboly got plenty of security there. Perhaps Mickey's house. That sure looked like a comfy bed.

trr313

I think it is creepy late at night when there are hardly any other guests with you. I would not want to stay the night in there past closing.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Which park would be the easiest to secretly stay in overnight?

Which park would be the easiest to secretly stay in overnight?

A "Ghost" Host

Well I know many CMs including myself that tried to stay overnight due to the fact that they may schedule you to get off at 2am and have to come back at 5am as an example. I haven't heard of anyone actually spending the night though...

SilentWindODoom

One could easily stay overnight. There is a small secret spot in the Magic Kingdom, that I'm sure is not monitored by the security cameras or sensors. Of course, it is small, and one would not be able to leave it. Of coruse, the reports of this small spot are from a while ago, and it may not exist any more. Corrus, I'll PM you to see if it will work.

HINT: It's in Frontierland

Lokheed

DisneyGrown-Up said:
This plot has been used in several movies of the 80s and 90s, only things like libraries and department stores were used. I think it would be interesting to see this theme set in a theme park...Disney probably wouldn't want to give its' viewers any bad ideas, though. They'd probably fob it over to Universal (both the studio and the theme park destination).

The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson

It takes place in "Dreamworld", which is an obvious riff on Disneyland, and is about a twelve year old boy who tries to hide inside the park and then is taken in by a woman who has been living undetected in the park for years. It is an excellent book by one of the best science fiction authors of all time. I highly recommend it.

Also worth reading is Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctrow. It's not about hiding in the park, but it is set in and around Walt Disney World in the not-too-distant future.

NeedABreak

For thoes of you interested in such topics check out www.infiltration.org

Somebody earlier said something about hiding out in AK. In MK you have to worry about gators, depending on where you try to hid in AK you might have to worry about lions!

DisneyDellsDude

NeedABreak said:
Somebody earlier said something about hiding out in AK. In MK you have to worry about gators, depending on where you try to hid in AK you might have to worry about lions!

I wasn't really thinking about those.:eek:

No, but just hide by the foilage by Tree of Life or something.
Not jumping out of the Safari vehicle. Although, that would be quite exciting.:lol:

shoppingnut

DisneyDellsDude said:
I wasn't really thinking about those.:eek:

No, but just hide by the foilage by Tree of Life or something.
Not jumping out of the Safari vehicle. Although, that would be quite exciting.:lol:

And you don't think there will be some sort of wild life in the bushes by you at the Tree of Life. :lol:

Frank Stallone

I have technically slept in the Swiss Family Treehouse. I had worked until 2:45 (extra magic hours), and had to work again in the morning (I think around 9). I had planned on just sleeping somewhere in the utilidors, or perhaps even in our break room.

However, a cast member I knew recommended sleeping in the master bedroom of the treehouse, as he had actually slept there the night before Hurricane Charley hit in 2004 (it was just raining, no heavy winds yet!).

At 3 ish I just walked around the park (I was still in full costume, so It's not like I was standing out, considering there are many cast members in the park overnight). I took some pictures around the park (always fun to take some pictures when the park is essentially empty), walked around a bit more, then headed back to the treehouse around 4. Slept from about 4 til 6.

Headed down to the utilidors to get some breakfast in the Mouseketeria, then went back to my breakroom to sleep for a couple more hours til it was time to work.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Frank Stallone said:
I have technically slept in the Swiss Family Treehouse. I had worked until 2:45 (extra magic hours), and had to work again in the morning (I think around 9). I had planned on just sleeping somewhere in the utilidors, or perhaps even in our break room.

However, a cast member I knew recommended sleeping in the master bedroom of the treehouse, as he had actually slept there the night before Hurricane Charley hit in 2004 (it was just raining, no heavy winds yet!).

At 3 ish I just walked around the park (I was still in full costume, so It's not like I was standing out, considering there are many cast members in the park overnight). I took some pictures around the park (always fun to take some pictures when the park is essentially empty), walked around a bit more, then headed back to the treehouse around 4. Slept from about 4 til 6.

Headed down to the utilidors to get some breakfast in the Mouseketeria, then went back to my breakroom to sleep for a couple more hours til it was time to work.

That's sounds kinda cool. The only thing is that bed is kinda short, from what I remember. Or maybe it's just that I'm over six feet and it looks short? :confused:

ilovepluto23 said:
I don't really see the point in staying overnight other than being able to say you did.

THE BABES! THE CHICKS! Women dig rebels;-)

Jim: "Hey baby, I was able to avoid the crack security squad at disney, alligators in the JC and the rabid dolls in IASW......you know you want me!"

Girl: *Swoon* MY HERO:D

At least that's how I imagine it would go!
;-)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
PolarJim said:
THE BABES! THE CHICKS! Women dig rebels;-)

Jim: "Hey baby, I was able to avoid the crack security squad at disney, alligators in the JC and the rabid dolls in IASW......you know you want me!"

Girl: *Swoon* MY HERO:D

At least that's how I imagine it would go!
;-)
:lol: Giggity giggity giggity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom