Secretly Spent Nite @ MK?

HoW

GenerationX said:
They chain you to a bench inside the Country Bear Jamboree and force you to watch the show continuously all night.

Well, I guess the cat, or bears as the case may be, is out of the bag. Just don't tell them that repeat offenders are forced through SGE again and again.

Grim Grinner

I would assume that motion sensors are lined throughout the parks. They're effectively invisible and not as intrusive as cameras can be. They can pinpoint a location and send the security in.

In regards to hiding places, water would be a tempting spot but the chance encounter with snakes and gators would be a terrifying experience.

Under this fantasy of hiding in the park, climbing to the top of a shop or eating establishment and hiding behind a marquee sign might work.

It would be out of the average sightlines, and most people instinctively never look up unless alarmed.

You would have to assume that "the best" hiding spots are routinely checked. Years of security evolution at the parks would establish these search patterns.

Tom Sawyer's Island would seem like a good idea, but I'd bet its swept down pretty intensely. The only way it would be safe is if you went back after the sweep and clear passed by. Hiding in an emptied garbage can on the island might work- but if there are security dogs- you'll be found.

My best idea would be to purchase a fake cast member's badge, find a ladder and walk around with it all night. The real cast members would assume that you're the one in charge of the holy ladder's resting place and assume that you know what you're doing.

DisneyGrown-Up

This plot has been used in several movies of the 80s and 90s, only things like libraries and department stores were used. I think it would be interesting to see this theme set in a theme park...Disney probably wouldn't want to give its' viewers any bad ideas, though. They'd probably fob it over to Universal (both the studio and the theme park destination).

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

Evan's Servants

Yeah, the ladder idea might work -- but carry a few lightbulbs to really make it look official. Otherwise, carry a clipboard. It's amazing where you can go if you simply look like you know where you're going!

tommyp

What security

In Jan. of 2004 my family and I where at World Showcase and there was a rowdy Brazilian tour group and two young men climbed op on the pyramid outside Mexico and started exposing themselves ! and mooning everyone that walked bye! Well let me tell you it took 35 minutes for disney to get anyone over there to have them stop! So the talk of tight security @ WDW is quite :lol: :lol:

Grimone24

Tom Sawer Island

Seems like a suitable place to hide doesent it? How do you expect to make it over there however the rafts shut down and you would be forced to swim but for all those CM's and Disney phreaks who know alot about the park this is where most deaths occur in the park. ( Especially Grad Night) Cant remember the book name but it was small and done by the people who make the unooficial guide to WDW. They talk about a horrible unddercurrent in ROA and how people have drowned in this area. Check it out i sure wouldent try to brave the waters!

WDWPrnces02

Eventhough its not one of my fav's ....It would be fun to camp out in the swiss family treehouse........

I remember when I was a bit younger , in girl scouts ...we had a chance to be locked in a mall for a whole day and night..(every young teen's fantasy)...hmmmmmm, Disney on lock in.....hmmmmm....:fork: :fork:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
TAC said:
Bring a long drinking straw with you, and pair of goggles or snorkling face mask. After it gets dark, sneak into the Jungle Cruise or River of America (?), get into the water, and use the straw to breath with until after closing.

Of course, you shoudl ride JC, or the Liberty Belle Riverboat to scout out a good place to hide.

Another option would be to ride the WDW Railroad to scout out a place to sneak into the woods from Frontierland. Or you could just jump off the train somewhere behind Fantasyland but before Toontown.

A third option would be to try and find out the secret code to the missle control room door behind the secret panel in the Castle. If you know the code, a door opens, which leads you down a set of steps to the missle control room.

:lol: :lol: I love you Tom. :lol: :lol: You come up with the best solutions to every problem. However, I am beginning to wonder if maybe you speak from experience on this one...:lookaroun

dm77

I dont know about the MK, but i do know that it is very possible to squat at all the different resorts for a week or so like some vagrant :fork:

dolbyman

it was already said .. but all those critters around .. gators , spider, snakes .. yuck .. I'd rather stay in a resort hotel for that time ..

and btw .. what use would be there for an overnight stay ? .. the attractions are turned off .. stores are closed ..gone is the magic.. ok .. you could save a 1-day admission .. but an anual pass would be more handy :lol:

dolbyman said:
it was already said .. but all those critters around .. gators , spider, snakes .. yuck .. I'd rather stay in a resort hotel for that time ..

and btw .. what use would be there for an overnight stay ? .. the attractions are turned off .. stores are closed ..gone is the magic.. ok .. you could save a 1-day admission .. but an anual pass would be more handy :lol:

Some folks are interested in the logistical aspects of "overnight at Disney World." That's when all of the maintenance takes place. When the rides get looked over... lightbulbs are replaced... sometimes parade and show rehearsals take place... X-Mas decorations are put up during the holiday time. It's quite spectacular to see how things get done in such a short period of time.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
To me and alot of Disney Nuts out there, it would be fun to stay in the MK after hours because of the mystery I guess... Why are others so interested?

Mimi

I love this thread!!!

dolbyman said:
what use would be there for an overnight stay ? .. the attractions are turned off .. stores are closed ..gone is the magic..

I think people who fantasize about it are not planning on riding rides. I believe the thrill would be in simply being there all night.

Not that I have ever thought about it... :lookaroun

jmvd20

I would much rather stay in one of the fabulous WDW resorts for the night. The beds are much more comfortable than sleeping under a bridge.

mikeymouse

Grimone24 said:
Seems like a suitable place to hide doesent it? How do you expect to make it over there however the rafts shut down and you would be forced to swim but for all those CM's and Disney phreaks who know alot about the park this is where most deaths occur in the park. ( Especially Grad Night) Cant remember the book name but it was small and done by the people who make the unooficial guide to WDW. They talk about a horrible unddercurrent in ROA and how people have drowned in this area. Check it out i sure wouldent try to brave the waters!

this can't be true, can it? its just a shallow moat with a single track.

Shakes150

GoofyMom2 said:
...Then we had a long discussion on how they make sure everyone is out for the night.........hmmmm, I do wonder how they "sweep" all that space........

Having worked for the mouse (epcot):
Yes, they do "sweep" through all of that space. CMs from each area are assigned the "sweep" at the end of the night. They radio into control when their areas are cleared of guests. Every inch is looked over.

On another note, I have never spent the night at a park, but I have had closing shifts until 2am and an early shift at 5:30am. So there's only about 3 hours or so that I have not been in the park. I can tell you that a LOT is happening at night (mostly cleaning). The park is never completely empty of CMs.

bgraham34

Yes I do know of someone who spent the night in the park. It took several attempts and he was able to pull it off. He waited to expose himself when the park opened. He got yelled at for being in a area he should not of been. And no i will not tell you where!

Of course I dont know if he really did it but he says he did and he never came to the room that night.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Did he get in trouble besides being yelled at? Did they catch him? Was this recenlty? This is the first record of someone actually attempting it! Woo Hoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom