Secretly Spent Nite @ MK?

Frank Stallone

unkadug said:
That's sounds kinda cool. The only thing is that bed is kinda short, from what I remember. Or maybe it's just that I'm over six feet and it looks short? :confused:

You are correct. I slept kind of diagonal across the bed, and with my legs curled up a little (which I hate doing, I'm a fan of stretching out while I sleep)

bhg469

You know whats funny i had a conversation with this lady from work the other day. I found out she was a disney nut, her family was actually in the first set of visney vacation club commercials that you see on the "propaganda channel" in the resorts. Anywho she said back 20 or so years ago she spent the night in the swiss family robinso treehouse but got cought and arrested. I laughed pretty hard but at the same time i was a little envious.

WDWparadetech1

I have spent the night in Epcot with out getting caught!!

Its called the night shift. Before i was a parade tech i was night shift persoanl that maintenaced the lighting on the rides and shows at MK and EPCOT.

wbboy29

I can tell you some of the funnest times I've had has been during rehearsals. We would camp out all night in the castle forecourt. The first time I did it it was so surreal. The park is so quite and empty except for the occasional 3rd shift crew that would come by. Plus there is nothing like kicking back on your inflatable mattress in front of the castle, talking with your friends and slowly watching the sun rise over Tomorrowland.

I don't know if anyone will trully understand this. But I had always wanted to work in entertainment at Disney since I was a little kid. And every once in a while you just get these moments, usually (for me) backstage during a rehearsal for a show or parade or what have you. But I literally sometimes would just stop in my tracks and look around me and think to myself "am I really doing this. I can't believe this is real." It's such a surreal feeling. Camping out infront of the castle was definitely one of those moments of "WOW!!! I can't believe I actually get to do this."

Again I have no idea if anyone understands that, lol, but it is an amazing thing to do what we get to do down here. :)

DSNYKID

Original Poster
bhg469 said:
You know whats funny i had a conversation with this lady from work the other day. I found out she was a disney nut, her family was actually in the first set of visney vacation club commercials that you see on the "propaganda channel" in the resorts. Anywho she said back 20 or so years ago she spent the night in the swiss family robinso treehouse but got cought and arrested. I laughed pretty hard but at the same time i was a little envious.

Besides being arrested... did she get fined? Was she banned from the parks for life? Find out the punishment... just incase I decide to do it...Id like know what precident has been set.

iheartdisney91

SilentWindODoom said:
One could easily stay overnight. There is a small secret spot in the Magic Kingdom, that I'm sure is not monitored by the security cameras or sensors. Of course, it is small, and one would not be able to leave it. Of coruse, the reports of this small spot are from a while ago, and it may not exist any more. Corrus, I'll PM you to see if it will work.

HINT: It's in Frontierland

omg where are you thinking? im boggled dont worry i wont take your idea lol:lol:

LostNametag

I talked to a security guard about this the other night when she came into the store. She said it would be difficult for a Guest to do it but pretty easy for a Cast Member- they could hideout in a breakroom or something. She said that they thoroughly check all the bushes and whatnot. Even so, I've already kinda scoped out my spot at MGM. I'm not brave enough to do it in the least- but it sure would be fun. Maybe with some help from a certain friend...lol

WDWparadetech1

coastermaster83 said:
I would love to be a parade tech or a ride tech but my main dream and goal is imagineer.

Its so much fun to be a Parade tech. You get to look out your little hole in the float and look at all the guests faces glimming with joy. I get so happy when i see those faces. It makes that hot, tightly enclosed drivers pit seem all that much better.

I still do the lighting tech every other week or so during the night shift. Being in the park after hours is so creepy. When I first did this job, I went into POTC to maintenace the lights and all those AA's were so creepy. They just starred at me while i was working. I got the chills. Then one of my jag off co workers turned on the show system. I was standing maybe 2ft away from a AA and it suddenly just turned on. And scared the crap out of me, litteraly!! But the most fun I have on the lighitng tech job is at the castle. OMG its crazy doing maintenance on thise lights. IM not talking about the ones on the ground im talking about the ones on the actual castle. There hard to get to number one, and number two if you forget to bring something up there that you need its a maze to get back down to get it. First you climb up a ladder, then you have to climb up the side of the castle then you have to manuver across a tiny ledge just to get tot he damn lights.

But I love doing it.

scottnj1966

Just get a name tag, dress nice and always pretend you know what your doing. You can do alot that way.
Everyone is usually busy. As long as security does not catch you on the infared cameras. They are everywhere.

It would actually be a boring stay since you would have to stay hidden most of the time.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
signerdreams said:
this is one fun thread! I would never do it but i can dream :)

Wow... This is by far the most fun thread Ive ever started! It started in late April and continues to live. Keep it going... It's so much fun to read how everyone interprets this and what people have to say!

I just want to know what the penality would be if caught... not that Im thinkin about it! :lookaroun

cmatt

Heh - it would be awesome to spend the night... hmmm if i had my choice it would proably be damm i dunno now! heh er... probably near the shore of frontierland - failing that inside pirates of the carribean where the resturant is :)

realisticly though it would be at the bottom of a bush in fear of being caught by security :p

DisneyDefenders

A Night In Disneyworld

When we were younger, a friend of mine fell asleep on the grass near some bushes in Epcot while their family stopped to rest. Somehow, they forgot him and apparently he slept through the entire night until the following morning when they realized he was missing and found him still lying in the same spot!

it398

Someone is soon going to be able to spend the night in the MK, thanks to the million dreams celebration and sleep inside cinderella's castle.

to be honest if your going to apend the night in the park - why not inside the castle!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
I wanna get off in the Small World ride. I think something is supposed to happen to those small world dolls after closing and I wanna see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom