Secretly Spent Nite @ MK?

jozzmenia

GoofyMom2 said:
Sorry....this just reminded me of our last night at WDW a few weeks ago. My DS age 9 and I stayed for Epcot's EMH.....so it was midnight when we left the Imagination pavillion. Of course he had to use the restroom, so we went around the corner. When he came out, he got really worried about us being "locked" into Epcot all night and kept saying, "Hurry, they are going to lock us in!". :lookaroun

I had to keep reassuring him that they would never "forget" anybody in the park, they would make sure everyone was out.....

Then we had a long discussion on how they make sure everyone is out for the night.........hmmmm, I do wonder how they "sweep" all that space........

OK. this has been lingering for like 2 hours...What does "DS" mean????

so many abbreviations on this site...:veryconfu

bigorangeandy

The after dark part would seem to be easy, but when the sun is up at 7am and they see someone laying under the bushes, your busted.

DisneyDellsDude

jozzmenia said:
OK. this has been lingering for like 2 hours...What does "DS" mean????

so many abbreviations on this site...:veryconfu
NVM!! DD= Dear Daughter
DS= Dear Son
DW= Dear Wife
DH= Dear Husband

Is this right?

dolbyman

Some folks are interested in the logistical aspects of "overnight at Disney World." That's when all of the maintenance takes place. When the rides get looked over... lightbulbs are replaced... sometimes parade and show rehearsals take place... X-Mas decorations are put up during the holiday time. It's quite spectacular to see how things get done in such a short period of time.

sure thing .. I'd love to see that too ,, but discussion was about hiding in the water or bushes .. not moving .. this is what i mant is stupid :wave:

bassman

ok 1st, this thread rules!!.

2nd. i would try too settle in 1 of those teepees you see in the indian thing from the WDW railroad and from the big ferry boat(cant remember what its called sorry).

and 3rd, i think disney has already managed to find a way of stopping guests from spending the night at 1 of their parks, it a book i saw last year, cant remember its name but it about a binch of kids spending the night in th MK and the POTC pirates and the small world dolls turn evil:goodnevil , i dont know about any1 else but thats enough to convince me to never try 2 sleap at MK without being armed with a shotgun,evil small world dolls! it gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

oh and 4th, a official lockin at 1 of the parks would be an awesome idea,they could make it like a hard ticket event(i think thats what their called:confused: )a bit like MNSSHP.

dm77

DSNYKID said:
To me and alot of Disney Nuts out there, it would be fun to stay in the MK after hours because of the mystery I guess... Why are others so interested?

Do you truely want to ruin the mystery? Get a job at Disney and all your grandeous ideas will shatter. That is what happened to a bunch of CM's I know, their ideas fo Disney changed real quick.

RonAnnArbor

Amen DM77 -- the magic is only created during the time that the cast members are there and you see what you are meant to see.

As to staying there overnight -- the entire park is under video surveilance -- one small move and security would have you out of there and on your way to the local jail as quickly as you could say "what the Walt...."

DSNYKID

Original Poster
But what if you got in some bushes behind a building.... like in Fantasyland... behind the old skyway building where the strollers are now parked. Heck, ytou could even bring a sleeping bag or blankets in, heck maybe some cookies and other fine snacks to make it through the night. For those of you that comment it's better to sleep in the nice hotel bed.... you dont seem to get it! LOL It's not about trying to save the cost of a daily pass or even about sneaking on rides.... it's about being someplace very special that millions of people have been and being the only one to be at that place at that time! Am I right fellow Disney Nuts?

Woser

I've stayed in the park overnight.. but most Cast members have.. Toontown is known for it during long hours at the park.

But hiding in the park.. never heard of it ( and anything like that would get around Disney cast members faster then anything else. ) And Disney couldn't do an "Overnight" lock-in since it would Violate at least 2 of the elements of Show... Maybe 3.

But I wouldn't suggest hiding in any of the Water there ( Jungle Cruise, RoA) since.. um.. you don't realize how Nasty that stuff is.. It's Only Fresh water, and it's only treated with Bug killer.. No cast member will even touch that water ( and there's alot castmembers already do stuff that's just wrong ;) .. Like double shifts at Ariel's grotto )

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
bgraham34 said:
Yes I do know of someone who spent the night in the park. It took several attempts and he was able to pull it off. He waited to expose himself when the park opened. He got yelled at for being in a area he should not of been. And no i will not tell you where!

Of course I dont know if he really did it but he says he did and he never came to the room that night.

:lookaroun :lol: :zipit:

djronnieb

Woser said:
But I wouldn't suggest hiding in any of the Water there ( Jungle Cruise, RoA) since.. um.. you don't realize how Nasty that stuff is.. It's Only Fresh water, and it's only treated with Bug killer.. No cast member will even touch that water ( and there's alot castmembers already do stuff that's just wrong ;) .. Like double shifts at Ariel's grotto )

Please tell us more about this

DSNYKID

Original Poster
DSNYKID said:
Has anyone ever secretly spent the night or know of someone that has spent the night in the Magic Kingdom after the park closed? My family and I just got back from WDW and for fun were discussing how would one secretly stay at the park after it closes.

Where would you set up camp?
How would you do it?

Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts or experiences?

Been there... going back!

Well... now I won't have to secretly hide in the MK. Ill just stay in the castle when I win the chance! And, Ill be on the lookout for you people hiding in the bushes!

kennygman77

I spent the night there in the secret hatch. I couldn't really enjoy myself in the park thought because every 108 minutes I had to type in the code of 4,8,15,16,23,42. I got really tired of it and shot someone, well two people actually before hearing this ear piercing noise. And next thing I heard was the sound of a plane crash, people receiving mysterious healings and then the "others" took my son hostage until I paid the entire bill at the AS Sports for 9 days with park hoppers and water parks and more....oh the pain!!!

kiawahman

Account Suspended
ilovepluto23 said:
sounds almost impossible. Disney has cameras everywhere.

oh i'll bet it's been done before...it would have to be indoors and also a place the CM's would not check in the morning....i wonder if the backstage of the tomorowland theatre would work.

Sunny04

My husband and I just discussed this on our last trip! I started thinking about it after Illuminations at Epcot. We always sit between Mexico and Norway, so I was curious if you laid down in the Viking ship and were really still or hid in the woods behind it. It would be fun to camp out in the ship. But my logical husband pointed out the security and that if you got caught, you would probably be banned from WDW - and really, who could stand that punishment?? Not worth the risk for those of us who go all the time!

I'll just wait untill the new room is finished in Cinderella Castle and Hop I have the Wish to sleep there. Good view and I'm aloud!!! what is there to complain about?

shoppingnut

bassman said:
ok 1st, this thread rules!!.

2nd. i would try too settle in 1 of those teepees you see in the indian thing from the WDW railroad and from the big ferry boat(cant remember what its called sorry).

and 3rd, i think disney has already managed to find a way of stopping guests from spending the night at 1 of their parks, it a book i saw last year, cant remember its name but it about a binch of kids spending the night in th MK and the POTC pirates and the small world dolls turn evil:goodnevil , i dont know about any1 else but thats enough to convince me to never try 2 sleap at MK without being armed with a shotgun,evil small world dolls! it gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

oh and 4th, a official lockin at 1 of the parks would be an awesome idea,they could make it like a hard ticket event(i think thats what their called:confused: )a bit like MNSSHP.

The book you are talking about was Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. And, yes, the possibility of IASW dolls coming to life would definitely keep me out.

Also, I would not want to stay in the bushes or cross any water because of the snakes and gators and whatever other wildlife there might be in there. The only wildlife I want to contend with is the other people at the hotel food courts.

If you made that a hard ticket event, I'd bet it would sell out all the time, people would be coming in droves to sleep on a cement floor, go figure. I prefer a nice comfy bed with a/c.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom