Sea Cab ride Update 7/4/06

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey guys, just back from a hop over to Epcot.

At the Living Seas, you can see the sea cabs being worked on. Someone forgot to put the tarp back up or something, because unload is visible from the side of the observation deck (through the tank itself of course).

Visible:

Plywood. I was walking around and thought "Why is there plywood with the fishies?" and thus stopped to investigate. It makes little temporary barries and such.

Lots of open space. The area is like cleared of everything, and it looks a lot bigger down there then i recall.

Sea Cab vehicle bases. Round disks, some dark color, still wrapped in plastic, all in a cute little line just chillin there awaiting actual vehicle it seems.

Some sort of wall or screen or divider. Distinctly some kind of hung panel, sort of like an old home slideshow screen hanging down in the final section of the circular part of the track before it goes to the straight segment for unload.

That's all she wrote so far. I do have pics, but i need to find a kodak kiosk or something to transfer them - and i don't have photoshop to lighten them up from how dark photos from fish tank come out, so it might have to wait until i'm home tomorrow. Till then, either come check it out - Epcot's surprisingly not too busy today, but so was MK yesterday before EMH - or chatter amoung yourselves patiently :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
dandaman said:
Thanks for the update, Merf. :wave:

Question: Is there an exact date on re-opening?

As far i know, no. But not officially open prior to October, as it's supposed to be part of the new ad campaigne.

ballewclan

Thanks for the pics and updates merf. I wonder when soft openings will be happening...it doesn't seem as far along as I thought it would be.

Baums101

Yes that is what they are susposed to be. Can someone actually give some info on what is being done in the living seas?

darthjohnny

Baums101 said:
Yes that is what they are susposed to be. Can someone actually give some info on what is being done in the living seas?

They are changing it to a Nemo themed ride with digital projections of characters right in the water.:cool:

1disneydood

Plywood. I was walking around and thought "Why is there plywood with the fishies?" and thus stopped to investigate. It makes little temporary barries and such.

Lots of open space. The area is like cleared of everything, and it looks a lot bigger down there then i recall.

Do you mean on the track area or in the actual fishtank?? Thanks for the update. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Educated guess would be not highly likely. The whole unload area pretty much didn't exist. When i get the photos enhanced i'll know more, but it really looked like bare concrete with plywood safety barriers up around the track to keep workers from getting killed.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
1disneydood said:
Do you mean on the track area or in the actual fishtank?? Thanks for the update. :)

In the people tank ;) The old unload which is located under the hallway that leads to the observation deck.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
They have been working on this ride for over a year now havent they? It was supposed to open in April and then got pushed back right? It seems like they should be almost finished by now. I would expect soft openings in late august or september definatly.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lewis Carroll said:
They have been working on this ride for over a year now havent they? It was supposed to open in April and then got pushed back right? It seems like they should be almost finished by now. I would expect soft openings in late august or september definatly.
They are dealing with a much more delicate environment. Its not like they can go banging around, pouring paint and chemicals everywhere. There is a fragile ecosystem in that tank.

natalia1681

I would be so thrilled if it were open in late Sept, because that's when I'll be there.:D:D:D

Anybody know about this for sure or are these all educated guesses?

jedimaster1227

hakunamatata said:
They are dealing with a much more delicate environment. Its not like they can go banging around, pouring paint and chemicals everywhere. There is a fragile ecosystem in that tank.

So delicate that one crack in the tank could cause a break in the glass and a flood of all of that side of Future World along with the much of the central hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom