Sea Cab ride Update 7/4/06

sora78

During my last trip in June my Lunch with an Imangineer told me that the technology used in this ride with be very similar to that being used in the DL submarine voyage attraction. Should be interesting to see to say the least.

PintoColvig

jedimaster1227 said:
So delicate that one crack in the tank could cause a break in the glass and a flood of all of that side of Future World along with the much of the central hub.
Which would make a great location for the new and improved 20K Leagues ride, don't you think? :D

KevinPage

I haven't seen it mentioned if they are redoing or removing the movie (it rained and rained and rained). ?

Also, are they changing the "holding area" where you would stand and have a 360 degrees of blue squiggly lines on video screens up above?

And for all the times I've been inside, I can't remember the original order of how you proceeded through the pavillion and what will the new order be.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
KP,

Old order was Zig-zag wave queue past diving bells and such, short hallway, circular screen room which used to be the United Technology Preshow, then off the The Seas film (one theater became a direct bypass to hydrolators), then hydrolator holding area, hydrolators, Sea Cabs boarding area (later just bypassed through a walkway), and then Sea Base Alpha (originally out through the middle from ride unload, later out under the escalator and gift shop).

The new ride/show supposedly has removed the theaters and the old preshow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What has gone:

Original queue layout and decor
Theatre A
Hydrolators
Sea Cab queue and load

What is retained:
Preshow holding area (though you may not recognise it)
Theatre B

What is new:
Entire (much longer) queue configuration
Load
Show scenes before load and the tank
Ride vehicles and ride system
Track in show scene section
Ride system maintainence
In tank FX

Cynderella

Are the hydrolators gone forever? I think they are but I can't remember. I always liked that part. Even though you really didn't move anywhere I always loved it.

erasure fan1

marni1971 said:
Yep. Forever and ever.

So whats the over/under on when the first "Bring back the hydrolators!" thread starts.:lookaroun

I am so excited about this update, Im just mad it wont be done for our trip the first week of Aug. I love what they have done so far so I have a good feeling about the the rest of it.

KevinPage

mousermerf said:
KP,

Old order was Zig-zag wave queue past diving bells and such, short hallway, circular screen room which used to be the United Technology Preshow, then off the The Seas film (one theater became a direct bypass to hydrolators), then hydrolator holding area, hydrolators, Sea Cabs boarding area (later just bypassed through a walkway), and then Sea Base Alpha (originally out through the middle from ride unload, later out under the escalator and gift shop).

The new ride/show supposedly has removed the theaters and the old preshow.

Thanks MERF & MARNI (who is a male, please believe him. :lol: )

:D :D :D

BoyXE

Will the track be extended at all? I'm guessing it will be the same ride length retrofitted, yes? Gonna be a mighty short ride if not extended at all, does anyone know if they will do some of the attraction as the preshow and then just the last minute is the seacab ride? I smell a Heimlich's Chew Chew Train... haha

brertigger

BoyXE said:
Will the track be extended at all? I'm guessing it will be the same ride length retrofitted, yes? Gonna be a mighty short ride if not extended at all, does anyone know if they will do some of the attraction as the preshow and then just the last minute is the seacab ride? I smell a Heimlich's Chew Chew Train... haha

I believe it was extended a little bit.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Cynderella said:
Are the hydrolators gone forever? I think they are but I can't remember. I always liked that part. Even though you really didn't move anywhere I always loved it.
be on the look-out at Mouse Surplus to see if they have bought any for auction..... then they can live forever and ever in your living room

:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
brertigger said:
I believe it was extended a little bit.

The track is extended by about 25% - though in a classic `dark ride` show scene configuration so it should seem longer. Also, seating arrangements arn`t what you`d expect either. I can think of only one other (past) ride at WDW like it. If we can Dream It.....

Yes, I`m Male. :D

jedimaster1227

marni1971 said:
What has gone:

Original queue layout and decor
Theatre A
Hydrolators
Sea Cab queue and load

What is retained:
Preshow holding area (though you may not recognise it)
Theatre B

What is new:
Entire (much longer) queue configuration
Load
Show scenes before load and the tank
Ride vehicles and ride system
Track in show scene section
Ride system maintainence
In tank FX

They are keeping Theater B for education purposes.
What will the new holding area look like?

would it be possible to put a second turtle talk with crush in Theater B. Ive never seen TTWC so I'm not totally sure what it is but could that be why they kept theater B.

BradleyJay

Lewis Carroll said:
They have been working on this ride for over a year now havent they? It was supposed to open in April and then got pushed back right? It seems like they should be almost finished by now. I would expect soft openings in late august or september definatly.

Its isn't runnign behind and was never planned for April. It was always a Fall 2006 opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom